• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Why have the servers gone to crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChocolateNannerz7

Spectator
Reaction score
I honestly just want to know. I got back on after not playing for a few weeks, and the servers hve seriously gone to crap. The deathmatch glitch is the main problem.

Amzela

Platinum
Reaction score
There are glitches due to 1.3.2 and 1.3 itself. It will hopefully get fixed and we're doing the best we can to keep it non glitchy. In 1.3.5 or something, things will hopefully be fixed.

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
They is an issue with the deathmatch, the servers are getting restarted, should be fixed soon.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
I think the insta-dm is some kind of a party or something :p.
I missed it though, a friend of mine told me.

Holipza

Spectator
Reaction score
Wondering the exact same thing. The eu servers have been down for half an hour now, and us is laggy as Good. Seriously mcsg team, do something about it :s

Aellios15

Experienced
Reaction score
Wondering the exact same thing. The eu servers have been down for half an hour now, and us is laggy as Good. Seriously mcsg team, do something about it :s
I don't think you know how much work is put into the servers. Some things aren't a simple fix and they're doing what they can.

iiCALLmeNOOBY

Career
Reaction score
We have multiple server boxes in multiple locations to look after. Sometimes the people who manage the servers are busy and things may take longer. We ask you to bear with us and give us a chance to improve the servers as fast as we can. Any glitch's we have on the server are being experience by many other servers due to the problems in Bukkit and Minecraft itself.

VebbiHD

District 13
Reaction score
try hosting 70 servers, i bet thats not the easiest thing in the world

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
The problems are coming from multiple sources, none of which are the Admins 'not trying.' Do you think we want the servers to be in bad shape? Of course not! I hope that I can explain some of what has been going on.

Because of the changes in 1.3, many of which affect a lot of how Minecraft works at its core, there are many new bugs that have devastating effects on servers, but we can't do anything about that. We have to wait for Mojang/Bukkit to update, then we have to wait for some of the administrative plugins to update, then we can update, but even then it takes hours to finish an update across a multiple location, seventy server network! These servers are located quite literally all around the world. Do you see how even simple bug fixes aren't a cakewalk?

On top of that, these servers have been DDOS'd multiple times, only making it even harder for the staff to keep things running smoothly! We have even had to move server hosts which is quite a lot of work. Try hosting a server group of this size sometime, it is not easy!

Unfortunately, we can do next to nothing about Mojang's bugs, jealous attackers, and poor server hosts. While the Dev Team is trying their best, they are human. They have their own personal lives, and, quite frankly, Minecraft should never be there number one concern! I hope you can see that running these servers has been over complicated by forces out of our control.

Understand that we're doing all we can to make your experience as enjoyable as possible. Some things just take time, so please have patience!

#EndRant

iiCALLmeNOOBY

Career
Reaction score
The problems are coming from multiple sources, none of which are the Admins 'not trying.' Do you think we want the servers to be in bad shape? Of course not! I hope that I can explain some of what has been going on.
Because of the changes in 1.3, many of which affect a lot of how Minecraft works at its core, there are many new bugs that have devastating effects on servers, but we can't do anything about that. We have to wait for Mojang/Bukkit to update, then we have to wait for some of the administrative plugins to update, then we can update, but even then it takes hours to finish an update across a multiple location, seventy server network! These servers are located quite literally all around the world. Do you see how even simple bug fixes aren't a cakewalk?
On top of that, these servers have been DDOS'd multiple times, only making it even harder for the staff to keep things running smoothly! We have even had to move server hosts which is quite a lot of work. Try hosting a server group of this size sometime, it is not easy!
Unfortunately, we can do next to nothing about Mojang's bugs, jealous attackers, and poor server hosts. While the Dev Team is trying their best, they are human. They have their own personal lives, and, quite frankly, Minecraft should never be there number one concern! I hope you can see that running these servers has been over complicated by forces out of our control.
Understand that we're doing all we can to make your experience as enjoyable as possible. Some things just take time, so please have patience!
#EndRant
I love you...Also, the dev team is only part human don't you remember that clank is a robot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci