• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Would this help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Not everybody who plays MCSG has a great computer, so the game runs slower for them. Doesn't the game need to load every block in a chunk? So the less blocks would equal faster speeds. So if you're making a new map why not remove all blocks beneath the ground so most of the map is essentially 2 blocks deep. You wouldn't have to do this to the entire map if it would take away from scenery. This way, peoples computers don't have to handle as much information, and they can play the game more efficiently.

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
What about underground traps and structures?

I don't know a lot about the mechanics of Minecraft, but wouldn't blocks you're not seeing not be rendered?

Does it even make much of a difference?

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What about underground traps and structures?

I don't know a lot about the mechanics of Minecraft, but wouldn't blocks you're not seeing not be rendered?

Does it even make much of a difference?
I am saying remove unneeded blocks that the players can't see anyways, so leave any underground traps or structures.

Minecraft loads chunks when the player goes near it; so even if the player can't see a certain block, it will still load it because it's in a loaded chunk

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I believe this will reduce lag. Air blocks still count as blocks, but they take much less time to load because they don't have any texture and are completely transparent.

Sollyhol

Survivor
Reaction score
Well the world outside the arena is super flat, so they could make the super flat area into the void, so it is just air.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ok then, if anyone's making a map I think that they should do this to increase frames.

Firedog150

Career
Reaction score
The only problem I could see is that it would be easier to lag glitch underneath the map, and also the lack of any type of dungeons or anything may make the map boring.

Dentalrednasty

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
U could still use dungeons and traps... but on places where are just blocks u can remove them.... u can get rid of alot of blocks without touching the traps/dungeons

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You can't lag glitch under the map, it'll just send you back as you can't break blocks. The only way down there is if a hacker noclips down, and if they do so they deserve to perish into the void.

Sollyhol

Survivor
Reaction score
Just put a layer of bedrock underneath, then it will stop lag glitching :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci