• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Wyvern's Wake (Revamped)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

With permission from wronsiski (proof), myself and a few others bring you a revamped version of Wyvern's Wake. Please note that this is not a remake, nor is it a cheap attempt to get VIP. All we have done to the map is remove all the OP items and made several what we believe to be improvements, such as tidying up terraforming, replacing default trees with custom ones, adding a couple of buildings and giving general face lifts around the map, hence it is still essentially the Wyvern's Wake you know. Our reason for going through with this was to satisfy all the people asking for the map to be re-added, as I'm sure most will agree that the original Wyvern's Wake was one of the most enjoyable maps to play on.

How can we be sure we removed every single one of the OP items, you ask? Here's how: user Juicy66173 was kind enough to code a plugin which would remove all items from containers within a certain radius, therefore we can say with absolute certainty that no diamond swords or stacks of enchant bottles in furnaces will crop up.

It goes without saying that 95% of the credit for this map goes to wronsiski and his original build team, which I will detail fully at the end of the thread. As for the rest of the thread, I will be quoting heavily from the original thread, as wronsiski's descriptions of the map are far better than I could manage.

Map Info

Wyvern's Wake has a radius of 250 blocks (the same as Breeze Island, to put this into context) and a total of - chests, - of which are tier 2.

What is Wyvern's Wake?

Wyvern's Wake is a Survival games map based around an environment that may be seen as common to fantasy and medieval genres, Not sticking to one specific biome, Wyvern's Wake is spread out across many unique environments, each one presenting it's own difficulties and rewards. Hidden throughout the map are many features which can be seen as giant structures, natural or human-based. These are the environments:

The Ruptured Lands

An area consisting mostly Netherrack is the hub for all things evil in Wyvern's Wake. Adventurers have long since abandoned any hope of finding out more about the area and their camps have been taken over by Orcs who have come down from The Great Forest. Flying over the lands is The Great Sandstone Dragon, a beast long thought to have been dead, but which now brings terror to the hearts of men. Among the rubble of obsidian and stone is a meteor, thought to have come from a distant world, some of the orcs tell tales of how the land used to be lush and green until that meteor hit. Many other dragons now populate this area along with the sandstone dragon. Two winged serpents battle for dominance a top a perch. A lava fiend wallows in the lava looking hungrily at the kingdom of men.

The Great Forest

An area rich in vegetation and foliage. At it's heart is the World Tree; it is said that the elves once lived there but are now long gone, hence the tree is now home to the race of Ajru, or Bird people. To the east of the World Tree is the first orc camp, home to many a green skinned monster. According to explorers the orcs love the taste of human flesh and so have a cauldron ready should any come passing by. In the north of the forest there are various towers, all of which are dilapidated, and strong vines have grown out of the forest to search them. Some say this the work of an aged wizard who used to live atop the Gnarled Plateau.

The Shattered Skies

No longer attached to the ground, they would all have floated off if it had not been for the chain that held them to the ground. Above a lake, bordering the great forest the shattered skies provide a series of floating isles attached to each other by a network of vines and chains. Don't look over the edge for too long; it only takes a nudge to send you hurtling earthwards. Giant jellyfish float about the isles to protect them from intruders.

The Swollen Marshes

Many a person has died here while travelling alone at night- it is hard to see where you are going and the mud there is thick enough to stop a cart in its tracks. The swollen marshes is boggy area with a single river flowing through the middle. The main feature of this area is the World Shroom, or "catalyst" as the wizard used to call it. This area is also infested by fungi and a foul stench of flesh pervades the air throughout.

The Arid Steppes

The final environment is a series of canyons, carved out by time. Although there is not much to see here at first glance, dig a little deeper and you will find all manner of traps waiting to be stumbled upon. Two great titans have moved in from far away into the area and currently face each other in a stand off.

The Kingdom of Men

The first inhabitants of this once rich landscape have slowly had their boundaries encroached by the ever-growing corruption of the Ruptured Lands. Hidden behind the canyons it is said that the architects who built this place have been risen from the dead as demi-gods, Now, although abandoned, there is little damage to it- it is believed that some magical aura stops the corruption from spreading any closer.

Screenshots (more to be added soon)

Credits

Original contributors:

Graysha97
Yak_hero
Ryry636
Kraidum
Tyler773
Mr_dice
Ifrox
Preloa
wooders1996
PhiIIy67

Revamp contributors:

jonnysurvives
Juicy66173
Wyz_guy
MaximMine
Goldenwave98
Peryglus
NixGamez
aryan123456
Sliabh
MahxiXBL
cheezedoodles
Meandmycat

Ziiinc
DahMike
NickSharpx

This map will hopefully be finished within the next week or so.

Last edited:

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score
Nice Reload! Would be amazing to have Wyvern's Wake back once again, and a Revamp was sort of needed, then this would be a pretty cool map in my opinion!
#Support!! ;)

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
Yes! I'll be on in about 1 hour to finish the fekking custom trees (spoiler alert)

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score
Yes! I'll be on in about 1 hour to finish the fekking custom trees (spoiler alert)
I'm already doing it, I'll be working on the forest this evening so meib u can help me even tho ur #nab :--(

Reactions: Wyz

Salared

Survivor
Reaction score
I loved the original Wyverns Wake, too bad the OP items took the fun out of it.
I still wonder why they didn't just take the 3 items out instead of removing this map completely.
I'm really looking forward to seeing this playable (hopefully). If it won't get accepted somebody should host their own little server with only this map.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci