• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Younger people on YT

Wolfy16

Diamond
Reaction score
Ive noticed that a lot of people who are younger(11-13ish) don't get as many likes or views on their youtube videos, this may have a lot to do with how experienced they are and if they are mature or not. Any other reasons you guys can think of?

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Their voice. I don't want to be mean by saying this, but honestly: People with higher voices (unless they're female) aren't generally approved of by the online gaming community. To be honest, they're mocked a lot.
"Squeaker" and "Twelvey" are terms that I heard a lot.

TomahawkGoesChop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Obviously, the older you are, the more you are respected in the community. So the younger people obviously wont get respect, and people will ignore them, and not be friends with them. Atleast I think thats how it works.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
I've noticed that people who have a "good voice" tend to be more liked in the community, because that is all there is to judge you off of. Blamph is said to have a really deep, amazing voice, and I agree. He also has an abnormally large portion of female subscribers because of it. Huahwi has a very memorable voice as well, and his videos often got very entertaining when he got too excited. (A.K.A. YOU'RE DONE HOMIE!!!) This made up for his lack of commentating ability.

Also, older people in general tend to get more respect simply because they are older, and being older means being wittier, more mature, and cooler, etc...

le quack

Platinum
Reaction score
my voice isn't the deepest and i have ok youtub c:

TomahawkGoesChop

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
my voice isn't the deepest and i have ok youtub c:
Cause you are well known in the community and a really good PvP-er, maybe thats why. And in comparison to some of the young people I've heard on youtube, your voice is quite deep.

Reaction score
I still don't understand how having a "squeaky voice" means your commentary is bad.. When I look at YouTubers, I focus on two things. Their commentating skills, and the content they upload. Not at all do I focus on voice.

Porkstorm

District 13
Reaction score
I still don't understand how having a "squeaky voice" means your commentary is bad.. When I look at YouTubers, I focus on two things. Their commentating skills, and the content they upload. Not at all do I focus on voice.
Some people have voices that you seriously can't listen to if you tried
Source: I'm a squeaker.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci