• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Zeno's Computer Design Thread

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
TheManeEvent Do you currently have a monitor or an OS (E.G. Windows 7). I'm nearly done with your build, but I need to know if you have either of those.

Edit: Would everybody who's requested a build mind answering that question? ( ImProsaur DaveP_7 Mamiamato24 simo_the_limo ) I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but it really helps me to plan out how I'm going to design the computer, and how much money I have to work with. Thank you :)

Now, it's 4 AM, so I'm going to go to bed and get back to work designing computers tomorrow.
Nup I don't have one :3 The monitor can go over the 800 if you were wondering.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
Col_StaR I've finished your computer design. Hopefully what I've thrown together is up to the test (though I'm swiftly realizing that I'll likely have more practice over the next few weeks than I have in my entire life :p)

Well, without further ado, here you go:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1pesY
Total Price: $808.10 (with $10 off in promo codes).
I've looked over the configuration, and I approve. There are a few options that I wouldn't have ventured into, but they are pretty minor and debatable upon personal preference. If you'd like, I can send you a PM with my suggestions regarding this build.

That being said, Zeno's a PC builder with good judgement for value and builds. His builds can be trusted.
(Also, may be worth it to add a budget option for currency other than USD.)

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
gianteye123 As there's been no response (I assume you went to bed/school), I went ahead and just made two possible setups, one with the OS included, and one without. I made quite a few edits to the original setup you had, but I did numerous crosschecks to ensure I wouldn't be hindering your performance in any way. By doing so, I was actually able to save enough to bump you up to a 2 TB Hard Drive and a GTX Titan. I also got you the Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013 edition, which is a fantastic keyboard with the exception of loud keys. It can easily be switched out for another keyboard as you see fit, however. All the parts in this setup are fully compatible with each other, so you'll be having no problems on that front.

Now, without further ado, the setup:

Setup 1 - Without Windows 7 - $2555 (Not including promo codes)
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1pe0Z

Setup 2 - With Windows 7, but a cheaper Motherboard (Though still roughly equal) - $2543
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1pe1Z
Why choose a GTX Titan?

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I've looked over the configuration, and I approve. There are a few options that I wouldn't have ventured into, but they are pretty minor and debatable upon personal preference. If you'd like, I can send you a PM with my suggestions regarding this build.

That being said, Zeno's a PC builder with good judgement for value and builds. His builds can be trusted.
(Also, may be worth it to add a budget option for currency other than USD.)
Yay, Col Star Seal of Approval achieved :D
If you would be willing, I would like to know what alterations you would make to the build, however.

And I am trying to figure out how to streamline the conversion process and make it easier on all involved.
Why choose a GTX Titan?
The GTX Titan provides a significant performance boost over the GTX 780, and is the upgrade that, at least in my opinion, offered the most sizable increase in the overall quality of the computer. It IS an expensive piece of hardware, but as Gianteye had the money to spare, and it was a more important upgrade than any other that could be made, I think it was definitely worth it.

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Yay, Col Star Seal of Approval achieved :D
If you would be willing, I would like to know what alterations you would make to the build, however.

And I am trying to figure out how to streamline the conversion process and make it easier on all involved.

The GtX Titan provides a significant performance boost over the GTX 780, and is the upgrade that, at least in my opinion, offered the most sizable increase in the overall quality of the computer. It IS an expensive piece of hardware, but as Gianteye had the money to spare, and it was a more important upgrade than any other that could be made, I think it was definitely worth it.
Uh, a 690 will do him better than a Titan.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Uh, a 690 will do him better than a Titan.
Thanks for pointing this out, it's prompted me to do a bit more research that has turned up some interesting results. The GTX Titan is a better overall GPU, as it has significantly more processing power and memory. However, it is only a single GPU, whereas the 690 is a dual GPU, which causes the 690 to get better FPS than the Titan. So it really comes down to personal preference. If you want to focus on having the best FPS possible, getting the GTX 690 will be better than getting the Titan, but if you want an overall more powerful machine, then the Titan will be your best bet.

Here's a setup with the Titan replaced by the 690:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1pq4r

gianteye123

Diamond
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing this out, it's prompted me to do a bit more research that has turned up some interesting results. The GTX Titan is a better overall GPU, as it has significantly more processing power and memory. However, it is only a single GPU, whereas the 690 is a dual GPU, which causes the 690 to get better FPS than the Titan. So it really comes down to personal preference. If you want to focus on having the best FPS possible, getting the GTX 690 will be better than getting the Titan, but if you want an overall more powerful machine, then the Titan will be your best bet.

Here's a setup with the Titan replaced by the 690
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1pq4r
How's the 780 compared to this? Also I'm not only going to be playing minecraft, I'll also play steam games.
Edit: This is off topic but I know someone in need of a build Carz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci