• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.7 fishing junk - potions

Reaction score

CandyCranium

District 13
Reaction score
Can you put that in a more better way? I can't understand what you're talking about.

Reaction score
  • 1.7 will change the fishing mechanics
  • You can sometimes catch junk, like water bottles
  • You can also catch puffer fish
  • Water bottle + puffer fish = water breathing potion
  • Potions are banned on MCSG
  • There are some potions hidden on some maps but we can't use them
  • Because you can catch bottles and ingredients, will potions be allowed in MSCG when 1.7 comes out?

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
  • 1.7 will change the fishing mechanics
  • You can sometimes catch junk, like water bottles
  • You can also catch puffer fish
  • Water bottle + puffer fish = water breathing potion
  • Potions are banned on MCSG
  • There are some potions hidden on some maps but we can't use them
  • Because you can catch bottles and ingredients, will potions be allowed in MSCG when 1.7 comes out?
Potions aren't necessarily banned. Certain OP ones in maps are, but some are.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I think if you're gonna take the time to brew a potion, it shouldn't be bannable. Unless it's really OP, or makes you seem like you're hacking (such as speed potion. For people with particles off, it could seem like hacking), I think they should be allowed.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
The night vision potion in Survival Kingdom isn't banned, and the Instant Health potion on Valleyside University isn't banned. I think it is just the really OP potions that are banned, like the regeneration potion on Rugged Lands. I don't think a water breathing potion would be considered OP, so I think it is allowed. Besides, there aren't that many brew stands if any on most MCSG maps.

Reaction score
The night vision potion in Survival Kingdom isn't banned, and the Instant Health potion on Valleyside University isn't banned. I think it is just the really OP potions that are banned, like the regeneration potion on Rugged Lands. I don't think a water breathing potion would be considered OP, so I think it is allowed. Besides, there aren't that many brew stands if any on most MCSG maps.
I've used the instant health potion on Valleyside before and got warned by a mod to not do that, then the Hub mods confirmed it banned.

Saber

Survivor
Reaction score
Yuss more junk to add to my collection.
I'm a Obsessive Compulsive Horder *mmmm*

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
lol I just got in a game on SG5 where potion spawned, best game of my life right there :D

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Last edited:

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
I think if you're gonna take the time to brew a potion, it shouldn't be bannable. Unless it's really OP, or makes you seem like you're hacking (such as speed potion. For people with particles off, it could seem like hacking), I think they should be allowed.
I agree.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci