• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.7 fishing junk - potions

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
I think its bullcrap that some potions are banned from maps in the first place. If you don't want people to use it, REMOVE IT FROM THE MAP! Also, make it clearly understandable that they are banned.
Note: I've checked the rule list( which in itself was difficult to find)http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/mcsg-updated-rules-version-3-0.12254/ and it does not say anywhere that potions are banned.
From what I understand, removing things from maps would require and entire update. I assume the items will be removed when the chest update comes about.

Reaction score
From what I understand, removing things from maps would require and entire update. I assume the items will be removed when the chest update comes about.
But they're not hidden in chest, they're in furnaces and dispensers.

Jadarko

Career
Reaction score
I don't think it would be a problem and it should be aloud. As someone said above me "I think if you're gonna take the time to brew a potion, it shouldn't be bannable. Unless it's really OP, or makes you seem like you're hacking.". You would only be able to make a water breathing potion. Water breathing isn't to op and would have a time limit to be used. Plus you would need to find a brewing stand and get the supplies to make the potions. I think if your gonna spend all this time on a potion it should be aloud. Plus someone could easily kill you in the process of making it. Just my opinion.

Reaction score
The chest update affects only chests, those items are not loaded in by the servers like the chests, they come with the map. The server system doesn't know nor care about those items, they are just another interactive block to it. They have to all be removed by hand and the maps saved, which is not an easy job to do, especially because not all the item locations are known. If a furnace or dispenser has a potion, it will remain until someone takes it, and will not restock when chests refill, only when the map is cleaned up (restored to a pre-game state).

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
The chest update affects only chests, those items are not loaded in by the servers like the chests, they come with the map. The server system doesn't know nor care about those items, they are just another interactive block to it. They have to all be removed by hand and the maps saved, which is not an easy job to do, especially because not all the item locations are known. If a furnace or dispenser has a potion, it will remain until someone takes it, and will not restock when chests refill, only when the map is cleaned up (restored to a pre-game state).
I think he meant that when they are pushing out the chest update, since they are updating the servers anyways, they will update the map by removing the OP things.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci