• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.9 Good or no

1.9 poll

• Total voters

J

District 13
Reaction score
It really depends on the type of PvP style you like. Of course since more players preferred 1.6/1.7 PvP, they won't like this change, however, some players who can't click fast would mostly prefer this.

The good news is that MCSG won't upgrade to 1.9 for a while. Confirmed by CAmadeusA after what happened with the 1.8 update, they won't be upgrading to 1.9 for a while after it's release. Of course, they will have to update in time, they won't immediately which causes for celebration!

(Man my meme skills are too dank, jk)

Shawt

Platinum
Reaction score
I tried the snapshot and personally like the dual wielding, however, there are some things that just mess up PvP and make it more complicated than it should be.

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
It really depends on the type of PvP style you like. Of course since more players preferred 1.6/1.7 PvP, they won't like this change, however, some players who can't click fast would mostly prefer this.

The good news is that MCSG won't upgrade to 1.9 for a while. Confirmed by CAmadeusA after what happened with the 1.8 update, they won't be upgrading to 1.9 for a while after it's release. Of course, they will have to update in time, they won't immediately which causes for celebration!

(Man my meme skills are too dank, jk)
your memes bring shame to mcgamer

Scout

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Imagine people running around eachother waiting to recharge their sword to get a hit. It will be so bad imo.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Im gonna open it play a few games then click the X button at the top right corner of my screen.

Ichengo

Survivor
Reaction score
ok, lets look at 1.9 here…
How would you EVEN implement 1.9 without taking 1.8 and 1.7 out?.. the weapon cool down would make it IMPOSSIBLE to fight anyone on a lower update, and then theres the part where u can be a lefty..
If your gonna update to 1.9, at LEAST make a separate server/lobby or something.
Im not saying the game won't change, but take the current conditions.
A guy in 1.9 with the Weapon Cool down, VS a guy in 1.8 who is able to Jidder Click.. who do you think would win?

1.8: Can Jidder click. Can use the Rod efficiently. Cannot duel wield a Sword n' Bow.

1.9: Has to give it a second to attack. Can't use the Fishing Rod efficiently (and can't duel wield it). Can swing the Sword and shoot a Bow at the same time… (which already has some kind of update interference)

look at the 2 Updates and see if you can EVEN combine them into 1 server…
and please don't make MCSG permanently 1.9, I can guarantee you will lose a good proportion of your community.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Every time there is a new update, there will inevitably be a bunch of tryhards that will inevitably complain that Mojang is changing the game too much.

There will always be changes to the game, that is simply the nature of it. Even in sports games such as FIFA, there is always changes to the gameplay every year that render it a different game (Dave). So, when 1.9 comes, please try to keep the complaining to a dull roar. We've heard it all before. No amount of whining and moaning will change the fact that this update is coming, and we'll all have to get used to it eventually, no matter how long it takes for the crying to die down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci