• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.9 Has Ruined Minecraft PvP

What Minecraft Version Do You Prefer For PvP

• Total voters

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I agree that it is a bit ironic that in the big "PvP Update" it kinda makes it worse for many people in the community like us.

However regarding the poll, I see that many people prefer 1.7 PvP over 1.8. I used to be that way, but have you seen the wombo combos you can get with 1.8?? :eek:

TheOfficialAG

Diamond
Reaction score
1) Potion Arrows = Glowstone Arrows = Easy for mods to see people hacking through walls/in buildings rather than just name tags :)
2) Shields will be fun to use tbh, you can have a rod out or a shield out, it just makes more types of PVP.
3) Critical hits, You can still get them, its just a changed Mechanic
4) 2 Hands, well things have to move on at some point? Or people rather live in the Stone age still? :p
5) Wings I don't think would be implemented (tbh I don't see what it has to do with PVP)
1. Arrows will ruin pvp because you can continually shoot poison on people and ruin the chances on winning a fight!
2. Shields its basically block hitting but awkward.
3. <Snip>
4. Well this is pointless in pvp
5. Well you can fly away from fights and not take fall damage!

My opinion on things!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheOfficialAG

Diamond
Reaction score
Literally two aspects are being removed from pop and your saying it's ruined? K.

Let's all remember the fact that with plugins all this fancy coding, we can remove many of the changes made in natural minecraft if people are that upset about it. Therefore many pvp servers deemed to "die" because of this update will still live on. I just don't see the logic in jumping to conclusions when literally everything is fine.

The media has been removed from the thread as it is a form of advertising.
It does ruin it because the two aspects are the critical ones! Like clicking say bye bye to making the game simple and easy to play! We have jumped to conclusion because the snapshot shows us how bad it is!

Reaction score
mojang pretty much asked everyone's opinions then listened to the players who don't pvp
Yeah it's those annoying people in the minecraftforums that think pvp wasn't meant for a game so peaceful looking and it really looks OUT OF PLACE AND INTENSE.
I never actually go to the minecraftforums just because of those people that only support their own opinion.

TheOfficialAG

Diamond
Reaction score
here is the thing... 1.9 is coming weather we like it or not. Also mincemeat really wasn't a game designed for PvP, but the coding possibilities made it one. So instead of whining about it, i think we should all just accept that 1.9 will be what it is with an open mind and not worry about it.
Doesn't mean the server has to update to it!

TheOfficialAG

Diamond
Reaction score
1) 1.9 isn't even out yet.
2) Pretty sure there are ways for MCSG to avoid all of these changes if it wants to...
Its called don't update and the snap shots are out and they will be exactly the same but with bugs fixes!

T0M

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
here is the thing... 1.9 is coming weather we like it or not. Also mincemeat really wasn't a game designed for PvP, but the coding possibilities made it one. So instead of whining about it, i think we should all just accept that 1.9 will be what it is with an open mind and not worry about it.
Preach brotha

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Thread Status: Moved

Thread Moved from former location to proper location.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci