• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.9 Has Ruined Minecraft PvP

What Minecraft Version Do You Prefer For PvP

• Total voters

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
So now you have to click slow. Big whoop. Revolutionizing the metagame is not happening.
And combos? Forget it, assuming you want to do even 1 heart with that diamond sword.

Why not something knockback-based? Like the slower the clicks, the more knockback, while faster clicks do less knockback but also allow a bigger window of time for your opponent to hit back?
Then if you were getting combo'd, you would wait and knock them farther back to run. But if you were combo-ing you could mix it up to keep them at a fixed distance, e.g. short short long for players that want a close up battle, but medium to long for people that want more hitstun and safety approach.

Or better yet, they should give us the option to change PvP mechanics, so every server could bring something new to the table or bring back an old style while keeping newer 1.9 features like blocks and potions. I'm just saying that if the best Mojang can do to make PvP more fun is to give us a small delay to do damage, then I'll be pretty upset.
Go to the reddit and suggest. Gooooooooooo…

To be honest there are so many things that 1.9 could revert.

1. Combos: Just rod them and keep the knock back going, then go for a hit. It's still fast paced you do have to switch out things a lot, best of all it isn't smacking anymore, it's strafing, backing off, blocking, knocking back, and all the like. Clicking will still be important, concentration will still be important. You just need to keep playing and practicing…

2. Potion arrows: Limit them, then they will be a strategic last hope. In fact these features make PVP more balanced so that people who have low health already are able to not get cleaned up easily.

3. Flying: Um, you can get rid of all these features.

1.9 is just adding more to the tools that the devs can use to make SG more interesting.

Look at it that way.

Borderline

Gold
Reaction score
I don't know what may happen, all I know is that hang gliders are coming, and I am going to be the first flying squirrel in Minecraft.... ;)

Zqthura

Survivor
Reaction score
1) Potion Arrows = Glowstone Arrows = Easy for mods to see people hacking through walls/in buildings rather than just name tags :)
2) Shields will be fun to use tbh, you can have a rod out or a shield out, it just makes more types of PVP.
3) Critical hits, You can still get them, its just a changed Mechanic
4) 2 Hands, well things have to move on at some point? Or people rather live in the Stone age still? :p
5) Wings I don't think would be implemented (tbh I don't see what it has to do with PVP)
No.... just no...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci