• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

1.9 Updates?

Do you want the 1.9 Update?

• Total voters

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Just saying, there's not even been a single 1.9 snapshot released yet, so it's impossible to judge the update at this point when nobody outside of Mojang has gotten a chance to play it. And from past experience with major updates, the actual update doesn't come out until about 6 months after the first snapshot, so we might not see 1.9 until next year.

Dragonostic

Tribute
Reaction score
Getting rid of block hitting and replacing it with shields just makes things to complicated for the already somewhat complex way competitive players play. The devs aren't considering competitive PvP and most the suggestion are coming from random people who don't know what strafing or using a rod in PvP even is. Not liking how the update is going so far...

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
With 1.9 comes back features some people missed about pre-1.8 Minecraft such as the ability to blockhit with a sword and shield, and if I'm not mistaken more even PvP mechanics.

Getting rid of block hitting and replacing it with shields just makes things to complicated for the already somewhat complex way competitive players play. The devs aren't considering competitive PvP and most the suggestion are coming from random people who don't know what strafing or using a rod in PvP even is. Not liking how the update is going so far...
PvP has been messed up since the release of 1.8. We really can't do anything at this point, you can't blame us. We don't make Minecraft...

Exhibit A: It is practically impossible to straightline since blockhitting is almost impossible, rendering an entire PvP tactic useless.

Exhibit B: Other than straightlining, getting combos in general is a lot harder since even in a strafe combo it's good to throw in a block hit or two to counter an attack and keep the player locked in

Exhibit C: 1.8 ruined the previously standing fishing rod, bow, and even some sword textures.

Conclusion: No matter what we do as Minecraft players or MCSG players, Minecraft is digging its own grave.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Ceroria Yup Yup Yup.

I'm fine with updating to 1.9, just going with the flow, although it's rapidly heading south…

MikeDao

Survivor
Reaction score
I'll just have to move on to 1.9. I wonder how the shield will work...
I will miss block hitting. :(

Triping

Platinum
Reaction score
Every server will have to update to 1.9 eventually. Otherwise it will become outdated. It isn't a matter of listening to the community, but more of being up to date with the latest version available to Minecraft.
This isn't true lol
Every server can stay what version it wants to no one is forcing anyone to upgrade there are plenty of servers still for 1.5.

Dank420

Experienced
Reaction score
kohi is going to stay at 1.7 I can guarantee you that

badlion also may be 1.7, gopvp, basic, para, etc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci