• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

2 threads in 1: VIP Discussion + Map Raging, STAHP

[READ THE THREAD FIRST] Should map makers get VIP?

• Total voters

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
All right, lets get to the first topic.

VIP's.

Now, i'm am NOT the only one who has noticed the increase in VIP's in the last 2 months or so. VIP used to be a prestigious rank, given only to popular youtubers or members of Team Vareide. Now, it is given to EVERY single helper / maker of a map. A couple months ago, when breeze island was fairly new, static_nightmare made a thread titled "Map Makers get VIP?" In that thread were multiple staff responses, and everyone, including some Sr.Mods, said the following.
Map makers should not, and will never get VIP. Getting their maps onto these servers is enough of a reward."
What happened to that statement now? MCSG now has over 180+ VIP's. Most of these VIP's are fairly active on the servers, therefore kicking some iron / gold / diamond donors. It doesn't make as much sense as it used to, to buy donor, since more and more players are getting the rank.
Attached above is a poll, on which you can vote on whether map makers should, or should not get VIP.

NOTE: Map makers, please, do not vote "YES" on the poll just because you have the VIP rank, put yourself in a position of normal players and donors.

Map Raging:

This is honestly the most frustrating thing on these forums. Day after day threads like "REMOVE moonlight lake!" or "breeze island sucs!" or even "i don like sg 1 remove" are popping up all over the forums.

Think about this when you are making that thread.
"Did the map maker put in a lot of effort into the map?" "Do other people have different opinions?" "Why did this map even make it into MCSG if it sucked so badly?"

I don't like some maps to, everyone does, but it doesn't mean you have to make a thread to remove it...By golly, leave the server if the map is getting played. (For non donors, try to join another server) BUT DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT, make threads asking to get it removed. There will always be people who hate a map, and always will be people who like it, so just leave it be guys.....Leave it be.

Tree_TheBigKind

EDIT: Moderators, can anyone change the poll question? I spelt thread wrong :(

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
The staff is wrong though. They really are. Having a map on a server isn't a reward, I didn't spend 3 weeks or so to have my map on a minecraft server, I want reward. I think only the MAIN map maker should get it, not everyone who helped.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
Edited the poll for you.

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Edited the poll for you.
The staff is wrong though. They really are. Having a map on a server isn't a reward, I didn't spend 3 weeks or so to have my map on a minecraft server, I want reward. I think only the MAIN map maker should get it, not everyone who helped.
Well why did you make the map if not for it to be on a server, and for people to play on it? Isn't that the whole point of map making....

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Well why did you make the map if not for it to be on a server, and for people to play on it? Isn't that the whole point of map making....
What staff stated is basically saying you work for no pay... Thats illegitimate in my opinion, even if it isn't real life, you should get a reward for what you worked hard on.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
NOTE: Map makers, please, do not vote "NO" on the poll just because you have the VIP rank, put yourself in a position of normal players and donors.
Change the "NO" part to "YES".

And I feel as though only the main mapmakers should get VIP. Not the "helpers".

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What staff stated is basically saying you work for no pay... Thats illegitimate in my opinion, even if it isn't real life, you should get a reward for what you worked hard on.
Well if you did something just for a reward, why even bother? The whole point of making a map is so people can enjoy playing on it, not for the map maker to get some kind of amazing reward...

L

Lululioness

Only the leaders should get VIP and they should only get it IF the map is popular.

Canziano

District 13
Reaction score
Two words: Builder Rank

Why not add this?
Blamph has stated this before and it's a great idea.
Why? Well VIP can stay and be the special rank it is, cause VIP stands for Very Important Person, and if you are a "helper" in a build team, you are not a "Very Important Person"
Also the Build rank should only be given to the Main map maker, or "The founder" etc.

Also it's really weird how for example the Main map maker can say like "His best friend" helped build the map, he made like every building and all that, when he really just placed down some blocks, It's easy to cheat yourself to a VIP rank then.

Canziano

District 13
Reaction score
So much rage against VIPs... Never thought i'd get one and now you guys want them to take it away from me... :/
It's simply because you don't deserve it.
Like how do we know how much you built? How do we know that you and your build team don't lie and say that you built so much and everybody helped out soooo much.
It doesn't make sense.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
MJ's opinion here:

- Give all the current map making VIPs a new, unique rank similar to VIP.
- Only give them to the main builders of every map.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci