• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

2 threads in 1: VIP Discussion + Map Raging, STAHP

[READ THE THREAD FIRST] Should map makers get VIP?

• Total voters

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Blue name perhaps?
But it needs to have some sort of ability or else donor is better.
...that's the point. So you build a map. Great. But do you really deserve donor privileges? It was your choice to build a map in the first place, and nobody was forcing you too. But you did anyways, and now you have VIP. Great. Don't you think that people only build maps for the VIP rank? Sometimes it happens. That truth is not often revealed, but some people only make maps so they could have donor privileges without money. It's kinda like cheating the system, getting donor privileges without paying.

xNeji8Palm

Tribute
Reaction score
I voted yes for the simple fact VIP is for doing something great for the community such as making a map. Now, how many people per team get it is different, that should be adjusted.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Let's all think about it this way:
  1. Person A puts many hours of work into building a map for MCSG
  2. Person A has their map accepted onto the servers!
  3. Person B starts playing on MCSG and decides he loves playing on Person A's map (and many of the others)
  4. Person B decides to donate money so that he can get priority to play on Person A's map (and many of the others), or continues to donate because he enjoys Person A's map (and many of the others)
  5. Person B's donation funds MCSG's servers (on a small extent, but with many people the cash builds up)
  6. Person A is rewarded with a special rank, that puts him above the non-donor rank, for helping MCSG out and increasing the popularity number of donations made to the servers
I agree that perhaps that there should be a much more restricted number of 'builders' per map, that a 'builder' rank is much more appropriate, and that we would get priority over non-donors (and perhaps priority to get into special MCSG events), although I would understand if we no longer get 3 map votes in game and even if we do not get priority over donors, however having nothing would be a huge dissappointment.

Reactions: Kos

tom00117

Career
Reaction score
Map Makers should get a reward Builder Rank sounds good!
Leader should get VIP then the others can get Builder maybe?
btw I'm not a map maker

omega_moon

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Honestly, Map makers should definitely get VIP. I'm iron donor, and I have gotten kicked zero times. They work for hours, days, weeks, maybe even months, to tweak everything on the map to make sure it gets accepted. For them not getting a reward, is kind of stupid. Youtubers who don't make a difference in the community should not get VIP. But map builders, especially people from Team Elite, should get VIP. It's the only build team they have left, and if they don't get rewarded, why shouldn't they go over to the Hive, where map makers are appreciated greatly.
So if youtubers who don't make much of a difference in the community shouldn't get VIP (which I agree with), then why should "map makers" who didn't make much of a difference in building the map get VIP? Of course there are the people who worked hard and spent countless hours working on it, but that judgement is based on what their fellow map makers would say. The world isn't a perfect place, and I for one do not believe everything I am told.

Edit:
Only 5 people get VIP, and its up to the team leader(s) to decide who is that going to be, AKA the people that did the most.
6 of my YouTube members got VIP so I think theres much more
I think you (zex) have been misinformed :p

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I like Kos idea. Mabye the leader of the map can get VIP, but the helpers can get free 1 month donor?

YouGGs

Spectator
Reaction score
...that's the point. So you build a map. Great. But do you really deserve donor privileges? It was your choice to build a map in the first place, and nobody was forcing you too. But you did anyways, and now you have VIP. Great. Don't you think that people only build maps for the VIP rank? Sometimes it happens. That truth is not often revealed, but some people only make maps so they could have donor privileges without money. It's kinda like cheating the system, getting donor privileges without paying.

You know what frustrates me? When somebody completely proves an argument invalid, and people still use it. I'm only iron donor and have NEVER been kicked by anyone. So stop bitching, these people worked hard for maybe months, just to have their map on MCSG and be able to play MCSG with their friends. Even if they didn't help and MCSG wouldn't know, they deserve to be able to play an easy MCSG game with their friends without them having to donate. It really does not affect anyone except the people getting the V.I.P. And it affects them in a positive way, thus having 100+ VIPS is perfectly fine, and even good. We've never had this many maps or this many players, so you can easily use common sense (That most people on this forum have) to deduct that if there is more maps and more people, there will be more VIPs.

ManOfTheBread

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You know what frustrates me? When somebody completely proves an argument invalid, and people still use it. I'm only iron donor and have NEVER been kicked by anyone. So stop bitching,
That was completely unnecessary and rude. He was in no way "bitching", he was just responding to your comment with his own opinion. Just because you disagree with his opinion doesn't mean there is reason to offend the him.

YouGGs

Spectator
Reaction score
Im sorry, but I tend to get over-angry at stupid things.

deadzombiesyum

Survivor
Reaction score
I think that only some map-makers should get VIP. People like static_nightmare, or if they created a very sucsessful, popular map that has brought attention to these severs should get VIP. However, if maps are added and then quickly removed, due to most people not playing then, they should not become a VIP. It should all be based off of how much of an influence the map has had on the servers, and how many people have joined because of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci