• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

2 threads in 1: VIP Discussion + Map Raging, STAHP

[READ THE THREAD FIRST] Should map makers get VIP?

• Total voters

Tacoface1234

District 13
Reaction score
A builder rank is definitely something being considered, but I still really don't get the hate against more VIPs. Why do you care if it is now slightly less of an unobtainable goal? The only way it would ever affect you is if you happened to be kicked by one, which is still a very small thing to be upset about.

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
MJ's opinion here:

- Give all the current map making VIPs a new, unique rank similar to VIP.
- Only give them to the main builders of every map.
Two words: Builder Rank

Why not add this?
Blamph has stated this before and it's a great idea.
Why? Well VIP can stay and be the special rank it is, cause VIP stands for Very Important Person, and if you are a "helper" in a build team, you are not a "Very Important Person"
Also the Build rank should only be given to the Main map maker, or "The founder" etc.

Also it's really weird how for example the Main map maker can say like "His best friend" helped build the map, he made like every building and all that, when he really just placed down some blocks, It's easy to cheat yourself to a VIP rank then.
I agree with the builder rank, just that the builder rank would only mean a colored name. No kicking privileges.

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
A builder rank is definitely something being considered, but I still really don't get the hate against more VIPs. Why do you care if it is now slightly less of an unobtainable goal?
I care, and so do other people, because VIP's have kicking privileges, which means getting in a server is harder, and VIP's can kick donors. I would like VIP to stay a unique rank.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post, you can't edit in quotes :(

YouGGs

Spectator
Reaction score
All right, lets get to the first topic.

VIP's.

Now, i'm am NOT the only one who has noticed the increase in VIP's in the last 2 months or so. VIP used to be a prestigious rank, given only to popular youtubers or members of Team Vareide. Now, it is given to EVERY single helper / maker of a map. A couple months ago, when breeze island was fairly new, static_nightmare made a thread titled "Map Makers get VIP?" In that thread were multiple staff responses, and everyone, including some Sr.Mods, said the following.

What happened to that statement now? MCSG now has over 180+ VIP's. Most of these VIP's are fairly active on the servers, therefore kicking some iron / gold / diamond donors. It doesn't make as much sense as it used to, to buy donor, since more and more players are getting the rank.
Attached above is a poll, on which you can vote on whether map makers should, or should not get VIP.

NOTE: Map makers, please, do not vote "YES" on the poll just because you have the VIP rank, put yourself in a position of normal players and donors.

Map Raging:

This is honestly the most frustrating thing on these forums. Day after day threads like "REMOVE moonlight lake!" or "breeze island sucs!" or even "i don like sg 1 remove" are popping up all over the forums.

Think about this when you are making that thread.
"Did the map maker put in a lot of effort into the map?" "Do other people have different opinions?" "Why did this map even make it into MCSG if it sucked so badly?"

I don't like some maps to, everyone does, but it doesn't mean you have to make a thread to remove it...By golly, leave the server if the map is getting played. (For non donors, try to join another server) BUT DO NOT, and I repeat, DO NOT, make threads asking to get it removed. There will always be people who hate a map, and always will be people who like it, so just leave it be guys.....Leave it be.

Tree_TheBigKind

EDIT: Moderators, can anyone change the poll question? I spelt thread wrong :(

Honestly, Map makers should definitely get VIP. I'm iron donor, and I have gotten kicked zero times. They work for hours, days, weeks, maybe even months, to tweak everything on the map to make sure it gets accepted. For them not getting a reward, is kind of stupid. Youtubers who don't make a difference in the community should not get VIP. But map builders, especially people from Team Elite, should get VIP. It's the only build team they have left, and if they don't get rewarded, why shouldn't they go over to the Hive, where map makers are appreciated greatly.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
Not all of the people who work on a map get VIP, who ever told you that is way off. I think that map-makers deserve VIP, they worked very hard to make a map as many people do, but also an excellent map. Having your map on the server doesn't really serve as a reward.

Tacoface1234

District 13
Reaction score
I care, and so do other people, because VIP's have kicking privileges, which means getting in a server is harder, and VIP's can kick donors. I would like VIP to stay a unique rank.
100 or so VIP's out of so many players. it may technically be harder to join, but only by a negligible amount.

Danielbess

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Honestly, Map makers should definitely get VIP. I'm iron donor, and I have gotten kicked zero times. They work for hours, days, weeks, maybe even months, to tweak everything on the map to make sure it gets accepted. For them not getting a reward, is kind of stupid. Youtubers who don't make a difference in the community should not get VIP. But map builders, especially people from Team Elite, should get VIP. It's the only build team they have left, and if they don't get rewarded, why shouldn't they go over to the Hive, where map makers are appreciated greatly.
Not all of the people who work on a map get VIP, who ever told you that is way off. I think that map-makers deserve VIP, they worked very hard to make a map as many people do, but also an excellent map. Having your map on the server doesn't really serve as a reward.
Not all the helpers though....So you are saying if I built a tree in a map, I get the rank? That's not very fair...

_zeX99_

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sorry. I wasn't replying to your post. The other one I quoted. And I didn't mean to sound arrogant, sorry :L

Only 5 people get VIP, and its up to the team leader(s) to decide who is that going to be, AKA the people that did the most.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci