• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

5 reasons the staff team is better than you think

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
yeah.. tl;dr -> the staff team isn't absolutely terrible. only partially ;]
(but read the meme at the bottom)

- 1:
There are staff members that actually listen to the community. Heck, many of them consider themselves to be a part of the community itself. (and they're not wrong!)
There are many staff members that will bring up topics raised by the community. But if it is denied by the majority of the upper staff levels, then they can't really do anything about it. Also, if they raise a topic and it's accepted, but then simply put on the waiting list, then there are very few options, if any, for them to speed up the process.

- 2:
Staff members of all levels get hate on a regular basis. This is something that virtually any active or semi-active Mod can attest to. Even the most loved and respected staff members will come across trolls on TeamSpeak that call them terrible things and trash-talk their mothers, just because the staff member is doing their job without showing favoritism.
It happens really, really often.
(seriously, some of you guys are absolute cigarette butts on TS.)

Despite this, they still do their job. (at least, the decent ones..)

- 3:
Moderators can and do report other moderators.
That one line up above sums it up pretty well.

But here's an example:
As a staff member, I reported another mod that I was friends with for sexual harassment of a player via texts and snapchats.

- 4:
Staff members, from Mod to Admin, are constantly reminding each other of how to do things properly.
Every day, announcements are posted to remind fellow staff members of both small and large areas concerning the staff team and their duties.

- 5:
They're really friendly. Seriously.
Some of the chillest guys (and girls) I've ever met have been on the staff team.

I once went to the hospital (heart pain) while hosting a singing event on TeamSpeak, and the other mod (Axanite my bae, as well as KellieBreanne the Sr. Mod and Zaex my super-bae) stayed in the Mod Meeting channel that my teamspeak client was in... for the entire time that I was gone. That was at least 4-5 hours.
#dedication #truefriends #i'msurprisedkelliedoesn'thateme

and I'd like to leave you off with a meme....

THE INCREDIBLES 2 IS COMING OUT THIS DECEMBER AND I'M GOING TO SEE IT WITH A PERSON THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN IN LIKE 7 YEARS AND I'M SOOOO HYPED

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
O really? Well yesterday one told me to drink bleach and a Sr.mod said they would perm ban me for trolling when I was asking a question... So there are 2 and 1 reason that knocks urs out of the water. Now some are suuuuuper nice! yannr00s (Ive known for awhile now) Trippi (Who is pretty nice and puts up with my rage) and Jokoy (Super chill). Whats sad is I only have 3 examples...I should have over 50. Last thing is im not going to report them cause that can take months! but seriously when you tell someone to drink bleach you don't even know, all respect lost.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
yeah.. tl;dr -> the staff team isn't absolutely terrible. only partially ;]
(but read the meme at the bottom)

- 1:
There are staff members that actually listen to the community. Heck, many of them consider themselves to be a part of the community itself. (and they're not wrong!)
There are many staff members that will bring up topics raised by the community. But if it is denied by the majority of the upper staff levels, then they can't really do anything about it. Also, if they raise a topic and it's accepted, but then simply put on the waiting list, then there are very few options, if any, for them to speed up the process.

- 2:
Staff members of all levels get hate on a regular basis. This is something that virtually any active or semi-active Mod can attest to. Even the most loved and respected staff members will come across trolls on TeamSpeak that call them terrible things and trash-talk their mothers, just because the staff member is doing their job without showing favoritism.
It happens really, really often.
(seriously, some of you guys are absolute cigarette butts on TS.)

Despite this, they still do their job. (at least, the decent ones..)

- 3:
Moderators can and do report other moderators.
That one line up above sums it up pretty well.

But here's an example:
As a staff member, I reported another mod that I was friends with for sexual harassment of a player via texts and snapchats.

- 4:
Staff members, from Mod to Admin, are constantly reminding each other of how to do things properly.
Every day, announcements are posted to remind fellow staff members of both small and large areas concerning the staff team and their duties.

- 5:
They're really friendly. Seriously.
Some of the chillest guys (and girls) I've ever met have been on the staff team.

I once went to the hospital (heart pain) while hosting a singing event on TeamSpeak, and the other mod (Axanite my bae, as well as KellieBreanne the Sr. Mod and Zaex my super-bae) stayed in the Mod Meeting channel that my teamspeak client was in... for the entire time that I was gone. That was at least 4-5 hours.
#dedication #truefriends #i'msurprisedkelliedoesn'thateme

and I'd like to leave you off with a meme....

THE INCREDIBLES 2 IS COMING OUT THIS DECEMBER AND I'M GOING TO SEE IT WITH A PERSON THAT I HAVEN'T SEEN IN LIKE 7 YEARS AND I'M SOOOO HYPED
First that meme isn't dank.

Second, I think its the dumbest thing for mods to get praised for the little work they do.

Sure they ban hackers, answer god-easy questions, but what else do they really do?

1/2 of the questions I ask either get a default copypasta response, or they literally have no clue how to answer.

I feel like it's enforced that "the right thing to do" is to praise mods, no matter if they were great or horrible, (btw i am not saying staff is horrible). (Ask around, I would assure most community members like me would agree)

Staff members get hate 90% because someone had a bad experience with a mod, or that mod couldn't help them. Some things are not help-able by mods, and that's out of their control, but another portion is just because of lack of effort on the staff side.

the other 10% is because of jealousy. and this is partially wrong, but partially justified.

The staff get so much attention, just from having that red name. I couldn't count the number of times I used to be thanked for helping members, or just for banning hackers members had in their games. It also has to do with newer players just automatically thinking those mods are just better because of the rank they have, and that puts veterans at a lower tier, especially when you see a majority of the staff getting hired really is either 14-16, less than 3 months in the community, or just really doesn't deserve the rank.

Last part of this semi-rant is, the staff is really excluding. Don't try to argue and say "I have friends that are not mods", because it just looks defensive and silly when you argue with facts.

Tl;Dr
Staff is not better than you think.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
First that meme isn't dank.

Second, I think its the dumbest thing for mods to get praised for the little work they do.

Sure they ban hackers, answer god-easy questions, but what else do they really do?

1/2 of the questions I ask either get a default copypasta response, or they literally have no clue how to answer.

I feel like it's enforced that "the right thing to do" is to praise mods, no matter if they were great or horrible, (btw i am not saying staff is horrible). (Ask around, I would assure most community members like me would agree)

Staff members get hate 90% because someone had a bad experience with a mod, or that mod couldn't help them. Some things are not help-able by mods, and that's out of their control, but another portion is just because of lack of effort on the staff side.

the other 10% is because of jealousy. and this is partially wrong, but partially justified.

The staff get so much attention, just from having that red name. I couldn't count the number of times I used to be thanked for helping members, or just for banning hackers members had in their games. It also has to do with newer players just automatically thinking those mods are just better because of the rank they have, and that puts veterans at a lower tier, especially when you see a majority of the staff getting hired really is either 14-16, less than 3 months in the community, or just really doesn't deserve the rank.

Last part of this semi-rant is, the staff is really excluding. Don't try to argue and say "I have friends that are not mods", because it just looks defensive and silly when you argue with facts.

Tl;Dr
SHOTS FIRED! OMG! Wow that was amazing!

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
O really? Well yesterday one told me to drink bleach and a Sr.mod said they would perm ban me for trolling when I was asking a question... So there are 2 and 1 reason that knocks urs out of the water. Now some are suuuuuper nice! yannr00s (Ive known for awhile now) Trippi (Who is pretty nice and puts up with my rage) and Jokoy (Super chill). Whats sad is I only have 3 examples...I should have over 50. Last thing is im not going to report them cause that can take months! but seriously when you tell someone to drink bleach you don't even know, all respect lost.
If a Mod told you to drink bleach report it to a Sr Staff member immediately. That kind of behavior will not be tolerated.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
If a Mod told you to drink bleach report it to a Sr Staff member immediately. That kind of behavior will not be tolerated.
The mod told him "no balls" so sadly its too late to report him, smashmaster died he had balls rip smash 1975-4200

Jusser

Career
Reaction score
BaccaBoy1999 Generalizing every single staff member because of the few is very illogical; many staff members like their jobs and are busy enough. They aren't superhuman and the most common questions really only need a copy paste response. It's hard enough to moderate or administrate servers without thirsty players and ex-mods making the whole world know how much they "suck".

Lots of other servers have staff members that are much less active than MCG's mods.

The good ones absolutely deserve our respect and praise; the more encouraged and valued they are, the more motivated they will do their jobs. So tl;dr cut the crap

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
That's an opinion, not a fact.

Moderate the TeamSpeak.
Devote time from their life to make efforts to benefit a network so that other people can have fun in a friendlier environment.
They respond to questions from real people with accurate answers that resolve issues.

Damn, you must've been one awful mod.
Then that's the fault of the individual staff member. Not the staff team.
My next thread is "5 reasons why the staff team is worse than you think."
....sorry wut was that m8

Seriously?
really?
w00000w

Fact: I have numerous friends that are not mods.
Want a list? Go look on my Twitter.

"Don't try to argue...because it just looks defensive and silly when you argue with facts."

I'm going to be honest with you: I expected you to be better than what I'm seeing. So far, I'm disappointed. (not that anyone cares tbh but still)

I'm speaking from experience when I say this:
Staff deals with a lot of silly questions. I'd almost be willing to bet that your question was of an absurd, silly, or otherwise trolly nature.

Also, reporting a mod takes only a few minutes. Seriously, if you actually try it for a legitimate reason, it won't be that difficult.
SHOTS FIRED! OMG! Wow that was amazing!
"amazing"
wow, looks like people really do blindly observe things.

The mod told him "no balls" so sadly its too late to report him, smashmaster died he had balls rip smash 1975-4200
he's not the only one without any balls

context...

Let me level with you - responses like that only piss off the other people. I appreciate what you're doing it, but you have to read into the situation a bit more.
These guys are biased already.

very illogical
I don't think anyone expects Baccaboy to be logical, anyways. Most of us have given up on that a while ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci