• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

5 reasons the staff team is better than you think

Yannick

District 13
Reaction score
First of all, How can you be hating on the current staff team and saying that we have to improve but you weren't better yourself.
Give more mods training, such as after training periods, they sit in with another mod as they see how to handle situations, and anything else that is learned through experience.
We have this. Every new mod gets assigned a "Mod Buddy". They will help them in every situation and basically train them extra.

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Hey guys, it seems this thread has turned into more of an argument than a discussion, and people are being more hurtful and nasty, and their opinions are more insults than actual opinions. If you do not have anything actually kind to say, do not add on. BaccaBoy1999 you specifically, need to stop. You are not stating opinions, you are making insults and generalizing the staff in a disrespectful way. You are not giving a critique, you are being disrespectful, so do not continue your argument. As for the rest of the thread, keep it a safe and clean discussion. No arguing, no rule-breaking, none of that will be tolerated. You do not have to be a fan of every staff member, but with every staff member, and community member, you need to be respectful.

First, and last warning, keep insults/arguments off the forums.

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
First of all, How can you be hating on the current staff team and saying that we have to improve but you weren't better yourself.

We have this. Every new mod gets assigned a "Mod Buddy". They will help them in every situation and basically train them extra.
They didn't have this training buddy idea when I was mod so I'm glad someone picked up.

For the 10 millionth time, I'm not hating on the staff team, I'm just upset they aren't up to par with how the team was.

Hey guys, it seems this thread has turned into more of an argument than a discussion, and people are being more hurtful and nasty, and their opinions are more insults than actual opinions. If you do not have anything actually kind to say, do not add on. BaccaBoy1999 you specifically, need to stop. You are not stating opinions, you are making insults and generalizing the staff in a disrespectful way. You are not giving a critique, you are being disrespectful, so do not continue your argument. As for the rest of the thread, keep it a safe and clean discussion. No arguing, no rule-breaking, none of that will be tolerated. You do not have to be a fan of every staff member, but with every staff member, and community member, you need to be respectful.

You've got to be kidding me. This is possibly the only good discussion that will ever happen on these forums in a while. Sorry your feelings got hurt tonyDRAMAtony

MrExtrodinaryMr

Experienced
Reaction score

At least this thread alone is better than 2 entire pages of meet the community and AMA's...

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
You've got to be kidding me. This is possibly the only good discussion that will ever happen on these forums in a while. Sorry your feelings got hurt tonyDRAMAtony
First off, if your gonna speak to me, speak to me maturely, don't demean my name, or throw a casual insult towards me like that.

Secondly, do not double post.

Thirdly, if you do not want to be warned, then do not break the rules. All members are expected to obey all the rules of the forums, one of them being you need to respect the decisions of staff.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
well said

Sorry u got demoted :(
I resigned on my three-year forum anniversary.
Nice thread Mooclan :)

You cannot say that, because you don't know all of them.

I don't think we should praised like BaccaBoy1999 said, but I just don't get why people hate the staff team. I don't need you to thank me for my work. I do it with my own love and passion for the server. I don't need or want anything in return.

Now back to the original thread:
Yes, the staff team actually listens to the community and want to do our best to add or do what you guys want, its just that some things are a lot of work or impossible to do.

Also, everyone on the staff team are literally the nicest and coolest people I have ever met! I love this team with all my heart. The MCGamer staff team is one big family! <3
As much as I'd like to agree with all of your post,
everyone on the staff team are literally the nicest and coolest people
That's not accurate. "Everyone" is too all-encompassing.
the staff team actually listens to the community
And not all of the staff team. Much of it, yes, but not all.

Unfortunately.

That is very general, but not an answer to the actions put into the server. Explain more.
Sure they ban hackers, answer god-easy questions, but what else do they really do?
^^ That was your original question. I already gave a few more examples, but here's some more:
I, as an individual person with a family and real-life responsibilities, took a part of my free time and allocated it towards spending time on the MCGamer TeamSpeak, in-game servers, and forums. During that allocated time, I banned and muted rule-breakers, explained rules to members, answered various questions presented by inquisitive members, dealt with a wide variety of issues, and much more.

Happy now?
They answer the questions well that they have been told answers to my Sr. Mods; Not once have I actually had a mod figure a question out for me.
That's a load of BS.
Sure, you may not have had a Mod answer a question for you, but here's something to chew on:

- Have you been asking the right types of questions?
If a staff member can answer the question easily and effectively with an answer that has been officially verified as correct, then why shouldn't they use that answer?
If you ask a question that there is no "official" answer and requires a degree of reflection and thought, then the Moderator will be more inclined to respond with an answer that is more unique/non-generic.

- Have you seen Mods answering questions from other members with non-generic answers?
Check the General Support section. Yes, there are generic answers... but there are also non-generic answers.

Based on your experience, go ahead and call me out for being an awful mod.
Nope, not based on my experience. It's based on your lack of experience.

(seriously, who even calls themselves a bacca anymore?)

If one mod can't answer it, I proceed to ask another mod. It goes to about the 10th or so mod on the teamspeak until I can even get an acceptable answer, if there was even that many on the teamspeak or in game.
Y'know, I've never actually run into anyone who asked more than three mods at separate times.

Situation A: [Player] spams multiple mods at the same time with the exact same question, and then gets one reply, because all of the mods conferred and realized that they all got spammed.

Situation B: [Player] asks one mod a question, then doesn't get an answer, asks another mod, doesn't get an answer, asks another mod, doesn't get an answer, and then goes on the forums and complains about asking ten mods and not getting a single answer.

Situation C: [Player] asks a mod a question, and gets an answer, and then forgets about it and only remembers the other two situations.

I have a feeling that I wrote this with a substitute for [Player] in mind, but I'll leave it out of this post.

Well you're not a mod anymore are you?
LOL I RESIGNED TWO DAYS AGO

HOW IS THIS EVEN A QUESTION

What are you even talking about?
its called having an attitude
To quickly respond to this, I wouldn't understand why people would hate the people trying to make the server better, I'd like to clarify I just think they could be doing a better job.
The people that are hating generally view the mods in a different light.
They don't see them as "making the network better", they see them as "stopping me from trolling", and since to them, trolling = having fun, then it translates to "stopping me from having fun (in a rule-breaking way)"

As much as I hate seeing 2 people I highly enjoy on the forums fight. This is the most intelligent/interesting or favorite argument I've seen. Thanks BaccaBoy1999 and Mooclan
no problem bae

Nice thread. :)
-2 thread points
Heyy an interesting thread.

welcome to my forum kingdom

Tony, as much as I love you (and I saw that tweet ;)) I call this discussion and debate.

The lack of D&D is exactly why people are complaining that the forums are dead or dying.
<3

At least this thread alone is better than 2 entire pages of meet the community and AMA's...
ayyy someone gets it =D

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Staff members of all levels get hate on a regular basis. This is something that virtually any active or semi-active Mod can attest to. Even the most loved and respected staff members will come across trolls on TeamSpeak that call them terrible things and trash-talk their mothers, just because the staff member is doing their job without showing favoritism.
It happens really, really often.
(seriously, some of you guys are absolute cigarette butts on TS.)
And attesting to this, I am. There was one specific case in which this specific troll would always come on and get my attention in public channels just to call me obscene things and whatnot. In all honesty, it didn't get to me all that much considering the guy couldn't insult anyone for his life, but it's annoying to constantly and I mean CONSTANTLY be called out and assaulted just because I'm a mod.

It seems like there are only three types of people in the community nowadays.

1) The staff members, those who wear a various red tag and work to make the server a better place. No matter how they express their intentions, most are just here to help out.

2) The people who really, REALLY want to be on the staff team, expressing this desire by acting like a mod or doing something along the lines of kissing up to the staff team. (there's nothing wrong with wanting to be on the staff team, just act more mature and present yourself as more of a human than a robot if you would like to become a moderator)

3) Everyone else who harasses, assaults, and demoralizes the staff team for little reason. Maybe they had a friend, or a friend of a friend who had a poor experience with a mod, and now they're convinced the entire staff team is corrupt, uncapable of doing anything, and deserving of never-ending harassment.

Actually, I lied. There is one other type of person, these are the people that have been in the community for a long time (2.5+ years usually) and know how everything works. These people are mature and can handle themselves respectfully toward everyone. Maybe they've had some poor experiences with the staff team, but they know better than to just lash out at every red dude they see.

Either way, not everyone's perfect, so let's just treat everyone with a little more respect okay?

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
Discussion and debate is fine by all means, however my concern is that other parties are getting too personal, and throwing more insults than valid points.

MrExtrodinaryMr

Experienced
Reaction score
And attesting to this, I am. There was one specific case in which this specific troll would always come on and get my attention in public channels just to call me obscene things and whatnot. In all honesty, it didn't get to me all that much considering the guy couldn't insult anyone for his life, but it's annoying to constantly and I mean CONSTANTLY be called out and assaulted just because I'm a mod.

1) The staff members, those who wear a various red tag and work to make the server a better place. No matter how they express their intentions, most are just here to help out.

2) The people who really, REALLY want to be on the staff team, expressing this desire by acting like a mod or doing something along the lines of kissing up to the staff team. (there's nothing wrong with wanting to be on the staff team, just act more mature and present yourself as more of a human than a robot if you would like to become a moderator)

3) Everyone else who harasses, assaults, and demoralizes the staff team for little reason. Maybe they had a friend, or a friend of a friend who had a poor experience with a mod, and now they're convinced the entire staff team is corrupt, uncapable of doing anything, and deserving of never-ending harassment.

Actually, I lied. There is one other type of person, these are the people that have been in the community for a long time (2.5+ years usually) and know how everything works. These people are mature and can handle themselves respectfully toward everyone. Maybe they've had some poor experiences with the staff team, but they know better than to just lash out at every red dude they see.

Either way, not everyone's perfect, so let's just treat everyone with a little more respect okay?
Why aren't there clones of you already. You just know how to reach my heart and understand me completely.

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score

I was about to start an argument about there only being 3 people then I kept reading. You're absolutely right and anyone who says otherwise falls under category 3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci