• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

5 reasons the staff team is better than you think

King

Experienced
Reaction score
Yes, yes, yes, yes, and yes.
This thread is simply amazing and it's great to read. While some staff members may choose a few poor decisions at times, the majority are able to correctly do their actions correctly. This staff team compared to other communities is by far the most organized and active staff team. You'll occasionally see that one mod that's been inactive for quite a while or that one mod who seems to make many mistakes at times, but this was why the Mod Buddy Program has started. Experiences moderators such as Giggity69Goo Ceroria and AGFire2013 are able to quickly correct newer moderator's mistakes and take quick actions whether pointing out what they did wrong or if needed, report to a Sr. Staff member. Staff members are a great asset to this community, we don't need to praise them or worship them like gods, but I'm sure that they would like a simple "Thank you" rather than "U SUCK, UR A RED NAME AND YOU SHOULD GO DIE BECAUSE U N0 L1F3 MCSQ" they do their hardest to help this community. While there is many many things many moderators could improve on such as posting more on the forums to get to know the community more, coming on teamspeak more often, etc. they still fulfill their duties by punishing rule-breakers on teamspeak, in-game, or even on the forums.

Also as a side note - To the people who claim moderators should stop chatting in the hub and actually watch hackers in-game, first of all, moderators can't be in every game, if you encounter a hacker in-game, find a safe spot to hide in, go on the teamspeak and contact a moderator. Secondly, if there was no moderators moderating the chat hub, I'm sure that the hub would be filled with massive amount of spamming, flooding, inappropriate chat, etc. and in EU, there would be those players who say "-----------------------------------IsmetRG: Sa". Lastly, moderators aren't robots, they are humans, they want to talk to other people in the hub occasionally because they like chatting with others cause they're humans... not robots which I'm pretty sure 95% of the people in-game think so.

Anyways, I'm sure I've typed what I had on my mind, thanks for making this great thread Alex.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
That's an opinion, not a fact.

Moderate the TeamSpeak.
Devote time from their life to make efforts to benefit a network so that other people can have fun in a friendlier environment.
They respond to questions from real people with accurate answers that resolve issues.

Damn, you must've been one awful mod.

Then that's the fault of the individual staff member. Not the staff team.

My next thread is "5 reasons why the staff team is worse than you think."
....sorry wut was that m8

Seriously?
really?
w00000w

Fact: I have numerous friends that are not mods.
Want a list? Go look on my Twitter.

"Don't try to argue...because it just looks defensive and silly when you argue with facts."

I'm going to be honest with you: I expected you to be better than what I'm seeing. So far, I'm disappointed. (not that anyone cares tbh but still)

I'm speaking from experience when I say this:
Staff deals with a lot of silly questions. I'd almost be willing to bet that your question was of an absurd, silly, or otherwise trolly nature.

Also, reporting a mod takes only a few minutes. Seriously, if you actually try it for a legitimate reason, it won't be that difficult.

"amazing"
wow, looks like people really do blindly observe things.

he's not the only one without any balls

context...

Let me level with you - responses like that only piss off the other people. I appreciate what you're doing it, but you have to read into the situation a bit more.
These guys are biased already.

I don't think anyone expects Baccaboy to be logical, anyways. Most of us have given up on that a while ago.
Didn't ask a question and was told to drink bleach

BaccaBoy1999

Platinum
Reaction score
-Mfw I'm told to stop attacking other while simultaneously being attacked

First off, if your gonna speak to me, speak to me maturely, don't demean my name, or throw a casual insult towards me like that.

Secondly, do not double post.

Thirdly, if you do not want to be warned, then do not break the rules. All members are expected to obey all the rules of the forums, one of them being you need to respect the decisions of staff.
I only emphasized the DRAMA in your name because you coming in warning people of no arguing, and that really was the only thing stirring the drama, at least in my eyes. Nobody was really freaking out, and I'm pretty sure you have to argue to prove your end.

Sorry for double posting.

I didn't break rules, I was shining light on my perspective, and this was the best thread to do so on. I'm not trying to disrespect you, I just think you must have misunderstood what I was saying.

- Have you been asking the right types of questions?
If a staff member can answer the question easily and effectively with an answer that has been officially verified as correct, then why shouldn't they use that answer?
If you ask a question that there is no "official" answer and requires a degree of reflection and thought, then the Moderator will be more inclined to respond with an answer that is more unique/non-generic.
I'm not saying they should or shouldn't use an answer deemed correct by Sr. Staff, I'm just saying those are the only questions they seem to be able to answer.

I do ask a lot of questions that don't have an official answer, but their responses don't satisfy the question or answers it, a majority of the answers I get are excuses for not knowing it, or just them flat out not knowing it. The problem is they can't think outside of what Sr. Staff tells them, and that's what should be worked on.
Situation A: [Player] spams multiple mods at the same time with the exact same question, and then gets one reply, because all of the mods conferred and realized that they all got spammed.

Situation B: [Player] asks one mod a question, then doesn't get an answer, asks another mod, doesn't get an answer, asks another mod, doesn't get an answer, and then goes on the forums and complains about asking ten mods and not getting a single answer.

Situation C: [Player] asks a mod a question, and gets an answer, and then forgets about it and only remembers the other two situations.
None of those situations reflect on my experiences, if you were so implying this.

Last edited:

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
As for feedback?
Give more mods training, such as after training periods, they sit in with another mod as they see how to handle situations, and anything else that is learned through experience.
See that thing under my name that says "Mod Buddy?" New program we have that is very similar to what you suggested.

AppleCiider

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If the staff listens to the community then they will not release 1.9

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
If the staff listens to the community then they will not release 1.9
Can we please not judge something that is still in beta? Give 1.9 a fair chance when it is released. Mojang has tweaked snapshots a lot in the past, and they are never the final product so lets not dismiss 1.9 yet. But yes, we probably won't update to 1.9 unless most people want it, after what happened with 1.8.

AppleCiider

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Can we please not judge something that is still in beta? Give 1.9 a fair chance when it is released. Mojang has tweaked snapshots a lot in the past, and they are never the final product so lets not dismiss 1.9 yet. But yes, we probably won't update to 1.9 unless most people want it, after what happened with 1.8.
Fair call, but I did a forums poll and it was 75% in favor of 1.8 and 1.7

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci