• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

74th Hunger Games Arena

Would you want this map to be on the Survival Games?

• Total voters

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Things I liked about the map:
  • That fact that you tried to bring the map from book/movie to minecraft.
Things I didn't like:

• Corn is ridiculously unfair as well as overpowered.
  • Corn has no crafting table as well as very few(only found one) crafting table throughout the whole map.
  • Very little land marks.
  • Land marks are very little(this meaning the landmarks are of small amounts in size rather than the one about saying how the quantity of the landmarks are few.
  • Map is too big for how many unique things are in it.
  • Majority of map is uphill or downhill in addition to 95% of it being covered in forest.
  • The forest, largeness and repetitiveness of theme is dull and hard to navigate through.
  • Very few chests and places ideal to put the chests.
  • The idea of the map, although in theory is fun and enjoyable to play in, is actually very boring as the book and movie specified into parts of the map, not the whole map. This makes it very tough to recreate it without having to improvise as a large amount of the actual map is unknown.
  • Hard to find other players, different places and would seem to make people lost until deathmatch.
  • The corn can be made less overpowered if it's added into the servers and a crafting table can be added
  • I have nothing against the massive forest, as long as it doesn't make moving along the ground too hard
  • Hard to navigate is always a problem, but landmarks solve that problem normally
Can't argue with anything else :p

PinkishDiamond

Experienced
Reaction score
Things I liked about the map:
  • That fact that you tried to bring the map from book/movie to minecraft.
Things I didn't like:

• Corn is ridiculously unfair as well as overpowered.
  • Corn has no crafting table as well as very few(only found one) crafting table throughout the whole map.
  • Very little land marks.
  • Land marks are very little(this meaning the landmarks are of small amounts in size rather than the one about saying how the quantity of the landmarks are few.
  • Map is too big for how many unique things are in it.
  • Majority of map is uphill or downhill in addition to 95% of it being covered in forest.
  • The forest, largeness and repetitiveness of theme is dull and hard to navigate through.
  • Very few chests and places ideal to put the chests.
  • The idea of the map, although in theory is fun and enjoyable to play in, is actually very boring as the book and movie specified into parts of the map, not the whole map. This makes it very tough to recreate it without having to improvise as a large amount of the actual map is unknown.
  • Hard to find other players, different places and would seem to make people lost until deathmatch.
Thanks so much slasher for taking the time to write all that!

1. I agree that I probably added too many chests to the corn, and will remove some.

2. Thanks for mentioning the crafting table issue. I completely forgot to add one to the corn lol. I'll also add 1 or 2 others throughout the map...besides just the tower chest.

3. I have a half day today, so I think I'm going to spend a lot of time just adding interesting landmarks and making the whole map a lot more fun.

4. I think the forest probably won't be that dull and repetitive once a add a bunch more landmarks.

5. I'm going to add more chests. Also, one of the things I'm not sure people realize since they're playing in creative is that there are a lot of chests hidden under a grass block with a side opening, or in the bottom leaf of a tree.

6. As I said, I'm going to add a bunch of landmarks so hopefully it will soon be super fun to play in.

7. I'm also considering just creating a whole new cornucopia altogether to make things more fair.

Thanks so much for the feedback slasher, you found a lot of things that most people would of probably missed, and I'm also glad that it's coming from a sr mod because I can use it sort of like a checklist. Honestly, I probably would have forgotten about the whole crafting table thing without this, so again I'm really grateful. Hopefully once I fix all of the things you noticed, you can take a look again, because it really is super helpful and I can't thank you enough. This is probably the exact feedback I would have gotten from chad anyway, so this really is super helpful!!! Thanks so much!!!

P.S. I luv ur signature!

PinkishDiamond

Experienced
Reaction score
I think the Catching Fire trailer will premiere at the MTV movie awards on April 14th

tommat6000

Experienced
Reaction score
like the look of this map! Added the thingy to my signiture (i think :3). Like everyones said maybe some cool features that stand out would help, maybe something parkour-ish (im gud at parkour :p). But yeh i like dis alot :D

Sup3rT0nyRocks

Survivor
Reaction score
Omg, yeah I really though you were going to say that it sucked after your first sentence. Please don't scare me like that again lol.

Ok, so I don't know if you explored the launchrooms under the Cornucopia (just jump through the pedestals and you'll find them). I created launchrooms for each of the tributes, and there is a control room right under the Cornucopia. If you click on the lever in the control room, its like a lift and all of the tribute plates go up. Obviously if MCSG does decide to use this map, they'll have to replace the openings on the pedestals with stone slabs. However, if a private server wants to use this map, they can keep it as is, and the game maker can switch the lever (sort of like in SG1). I'll be honest, I'm really not a huge redstone person, I just really wanted to include the launchrooms, because it makes it even closer to the arena from the book. Unlike SG2, I didn't include other redstone contraptions because I hate lag, and I also as I said, really am not much of a redstone person. I suppose I could have included pistons that have a chest on them for district 2, 5, 11, and 12 for a feast like in the book, however I just now though of that (lol).

Thanks so much for the feedback! I seriously appreciate it! Thanks for taking the time to write it and check out the map.
Rawr, Pistons dont lift chests

PinkishDiamond

Experienced
Reaction score
like the look of this map! Added the thingy to my signiture (i think :3). Like everyones said maybe some cool features that stand out would help, maybe something parkour-ish (im gud at parkour :p). But yeh i like dis alot :D
Thanks sooo much tommat!!! Ok so my charger broke and i literally couldn't get on a computer since friday. I checked my iPhone like once but it was so boring and i quit. I had to order a new charger and it just got here today. Anyways thanks SOO much about the signature thing i sooo appreciate it!!! I really like the parkour idea and will definitely work on it! Thanks so much!!

tommat6000

Experienced
Reaction score
Thanks sooo much tommat!!! Ok so my charger broke and i literally couldn't get on a computer since friday. I checked my iPhone like once but it was so boring and i quit. I had to order a new charger and it just got here today. Anyways thanks SOO much about the signature thing i sooo appreciate it!!! I really like the parkour idea and will definitely work on it! Thanks so much!!
No Probs im working on my atm aswell. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci