• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

74th Hunger Games Arena

Would you want this map to be on the Survival Games?

• Total voters

PinkishDiamond

Experienced
Reaction score
Hey guys! I've been getting a lot of complaints that the download link isn't working, so I just created a new link altogether. Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/?xcv4k3cy39rnx1c

Also, I've taken a long break from working on the map, but I just started working on a new update which I'll launch sometime next week. I really appreciate all your support and am still holding on to the shred of hope that someday my map could be on MCSG. :rolleyes:

UPDATE LOG:
New update will be launched next week (along with new screenshots). The update will primarily be based on new landmarks/structures and more chests.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?xcv4k3cy39rnx1c

Official Trailer!!

Cornucopia

The Career's Lake

The Pond Where The Careers Catch Katniss After the Fire

The Tracker Jacker Tree and Career's Sleeping Bags

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
I'm just going to give it to you honestly because you seem to be a nice person and deserve to hear the truth... This map deserves to be in MCSG. Hahah you thought it was a bad review. Amazing terraforming, the forest is pretty much flawless, and I didn't see any reason to be out in open water (because I hate water fighting, this is a good thing) It seemed like a very well put together map. And the corn is pretty sweet too. I'm not sure what the community will think of the frames, but I like that idea.

The only cons I have are;

Lack of redstone -- I didn't find very much but if you can tell me about some please do! I love nifty contraptions.
Number of chests -- Seems like it could use a few more, because it is such a large map. How many are there?
Dome -- None? but that's a quick fix anyway!

I give it two thumbs up, really well put together, you really put a lot of work into it.

PinkishDiamond

Experienced
Reaction score
I'm just going to give it to you honestly because you seem to be a nice person and deserve to hear the truth... This map deserves to be in MCSG. Hahah you thought it was a bad review. Amazing terraforming, the forest is pretty much flawless, and I didn't see any reason to be out in open water (because I hate water fighting, this is a good thing) It seemed like a very well put together map. And the corn is pretty sweet too. I'm not sure what the community will think of the frames, but I like that idea.

The only cons I have are;

Lack of redstone -- I didn't find very much but if you can tell me about some please do! I love nifty contraptions.
Number of chests -- Seems like it could use a few more, because it is such a large map. How many are there?
Dome -- None? but that's a quick fix anyway!

I give it two thumbs up, really well put together, you really put a lot of work into it.
Omg, yeah I really though you were going to say that it sucked after your first sentence. Please don't scare me like that again lol.

Ok, so I don't know if you explored the launchrooms under the Cornucopia (just jump through the pedestals and you'll find them). I created launchrooms for each of the tributes, and there is a control room right under the Cornucopia. If you click on the lever in the control room, its like a lift and all of the tribute plates go up. Obviously if MCSG does decide to use this map, they'll have to replace the openings on the pedestals with stone slabs. However, if a private server wants to use this map, they can keep it as is, and the game maker can switch the lever (sort of like in SG1). I'll be honest, I'm really not a huge redstone person, I just really wanted to include the launchrooms, because it makes it even closer to the arena from the book. Unlike SG2, I didn't include other redstone contraptions because I hate lag, and I also as I said, really am not much of a redstone person. I suppose I could have included pistons that have a chest on them for district 2, 5, 11, and 12 for a feast like in the book, however I just now though of that (lol).

Thanks so much for the feedback! I seriously appreciate it! Thanks for taking the time to write it and check out the map.

Pvaatn

Survivor
Reaction score
Omg, yeah I really though you were going to say that it sucked after your first sentence. Please don't scare me like that again lol.

Ok, so I don't know if you explored the launchrooms under the Cornucopia (just jump through the pedestals and you'll find them). I created launchrooms for each of the tributes, and there is a control room right under the Cornucopia. If you click on the lever in the control room, its like a lift and all of the tribute plates go up. Obviously if MCSG does decide to use this map, they'll have to replace the openings on the pedestals with stone slabs. However, if a private server wants to use this map, they can keep it as is, and the game maker can switch the lever (sort of like in SG1). I'll be honest, I'm really not a huge redstone person, I just really wanted to include the launchrooms, because it makes it even closer to the arena from the book. Unlike SG2, I didn't include other redstone contraptions because I hate lag, and I also as I said, really am not much of a redstone person. I suppose I could have included pistons that have a chest on them for district 2, 5, 11, and 12 for a feast like in the book, however I just now though of that (lol).

Thanks so much for the feedback! I seriously appreciate it! Thanks for taking the time to write it and check out the map.
I'll have to take a closer look at the pedistals but that sounds cool, all you need to do now is get some screenshots :p

The_Arena_Master

Experienced
Reaction score
It's a very nice map, and it really captures the feeling of the original survival games, but there's not really that many disctintive features, and I feel games might make it all the way to the end on this map, there are also no glass borders (Or at least, that I saw)

It's overall a fairly good map though :)

PinkishDiamond

Experienced
Reaction score
It's a very nice map, and it really captures the feeling of the original survival games, but there's not really that many disctintive features, and I feel games might make it all the way to the end on this map, there are also no glass borders (Or at least, that I saw)

It's overall a fairly good map though :)
Thanks for being honest, I really appreciate feedback!

PinkishDiamond

Experienced
Reaction score
I think the cornucopia is extremely unfair. I understand how it is like the move, however thsome people would have no chance to get anything
Thanks for the feedback, if I get more people saying that I'll change it but thanks!

eshancowee

District 13
Reaction score
Yes.

This is a really nice map, as arena said though there needs to be more... features that stand out?
I'm a terraformer and I love the work you did on this. Keep it up a few improvements and this could
easily be added :)

PinkishDiamond

Experienced
Reaction score
Yes.

This is a really nice map, as arena said though there needs to be more... features that stand out?
I'm a terraformer and I love the work you did on this. Keep it up a few improvements and this could
easily be added :)
Thanks so much for checking out the map, tomorrow I'll look at all the feedback and improve the map with all that in mind, thanks!

The_Arena_Master

Experienced
Reaction score
You're welcome! :)
I really do like this map, and seeing how much I like the SG1 map as it has deep roots with the movie and book, I'm sure this would be great fun to play on ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci