• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A note about Fortune Island and Wyvern's Wake

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
I posted this on the Map Update thread, but I'll pot it here too just to reach more people.

http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/map-updates-2-9-2014-spring-cleaning-update.83987/

Creator of Fortune Island here

Seeing as how I left the community due to school issues almost right after Fortune Island was put on the servers, I never really got a chance to play it all that much and I am floored that people liked my map so much. I built it almost all myself (with a help from a few Team Elite members) and the love it's getting in this thread is cool. I'm on page 9 of the comments and it seems like my map and Wyvern's Wake will be the most missed. I'm sure if you guys keep voicing your opinion however, measures will be taken to be able to put the maps back on the servers, whether it's removing OP items or listening to the community.

RIP Fortune Island

(Still no VIP :p )

DannyMan725

Experienced
Reaction score
Erm... Fortune Island was one of the most played maps in the servers. It always had 5+ votes even with overplayed maps being voted aswell. I don't know where they got the idea that it was underplayed...

Reaction score
I am happy that the map was removed, it didn't stand up to the to the standers of MCSG and it wasn't good PvP wise or look wise, you can argue as much as you want about it, but compare to other great maps, it isn't as great as people are admiring it.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I personally loved the map. There are very few popular maps that take a while to finish, but this was one of them, and I really appreciated it for that, as well as being beautiful.

Reaction score
I personally loved the map. There are very few popular maps that take a while to finish, but this was one of them, and I really appreciated it for that, as well as being beautiful.
In my opinion it's the total opposite, if the theme of the map was meant to be a jungle, why there is no effort seen in the trees?

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
In my opinion it's the total opposite, if the theme of the map was meant to be a jungle, why there is no effort seen in the trees?
I happen to like jungles :p

I forget, were there custom trees in SG3? I vaguely recall them being pretty vanilla-looking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci