• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A thread dedicated to the Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
Currently, a vast majority of the staff are incredibly inactive. I haven't seen a staff member, unless they were invited by players, on the servers in ages. On the forums, most staff are fairly active and I don't see a thread go astray nowadays. In game however, I barely see a single mod, and I play plenty of games during the afternoon and on weekends. Moderators need to pick up their act of the community will not hold together much longer.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
I can't speak for other regions, but I know for a fact that there's enough mods in EU. I meet another mod every few games.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
I can't speak for other regions, but I know for a fact that there's enough mods in EU. I meet another mod every few games.
As well as US. I think it's the servers with lower populations that have less mods (E.g. AU, CA, and AS), so perhaps there should be a focus on getting mods for these regions, to address the problems people have.

Blake

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Currently, a vast majority of the staff are incredibly inactive. I haven't seen a staff member, unless they were invited by players, on the servers in ages. On the forums, most staff are fairly active and I don't see a thread go astray nowadays. In game however, I barely see a single mod, and I play plenty of games during the afternoon and on weekends. Moderators need to pick up their act of the community will not hold together much longer.
Most of the AU staff are on teamspeak a lot (I'm guessing they're the staff you're talking about because you're an AU player). If there are problems on the servers all you have to do is message or poke one of them about it and they can help.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
Well i am a highly active member of staff and it's good to see that some players actually notice our work :)
James is correct in saying some staff are inactive at the moment however if they have a reason then we understand. If i was to go inactive another member of staff may have to do that little bit extra work but when it comes to when they need time off we pick up the work too. We have so many staff for a reason. We spread the work load and we cover more ground.

Dah_Hobbit

District 13
Reaction score
You bump into one every few games? when do you play becuase I never play with mods ;)

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
You bump into one every few games? when do you play becuase I never play with mods ;)
Well, daytime for most EU mods. ;). Remember that mods can also disguise as other ranks or even completely hide in the server, so quite often we can be in games without people knowing.

Dah_Hobbit

District 13
Reaction score
Well, daytime for most EU mods. ;). Remember that mods can also disguise as other ranks or even completely hide in the server, so quite often we can be in games without people knowing.
Ah I see says the blind man. I have to go to school and usually don't get home till around 4:20, so it is easy to play during the day :p. and mabe I do play with mods every few games and i just don't notice.

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
I don't know if you know, but moderators joining a game isn't broadcasted in chat like everyone else, and I don't announce my arrival or talk in chat unless someone breaks a rule. I believe people tend to show their true nature when they don't know a mod is present. And since the people of Canada eh, are mostly well behaved I don't find myself talking in chat very often. Try doing /list everytime you join a lobby. I bet you at least 1 out of 5 times a silent red named guardian is watching over you.

Zoeticly

Platinum
Reaction score
I RUV THE MODS

YUP.... AND IM IN CAPS. COME AT ME.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't know if you know, but moderators joining a game isn't broadcasted in chat like everyone else, and I don't announce my arrival or talk in chat unless someone breaks a rule. I believe people tend to show their true nature when they don't know a mod is present. And since the people of Canada eh, are mostly well behaved I don't find myself talking in chat very often. Try doing /list everytime you join a lobby. I bet you at least 1 out of 5 times a silent red named guardian is watching over you.
Them awesome canadian persons. :p
I think there are many inactive staff members. But I don't think that it's anywhere near most of them. In no way are 1/10 of the recently hired staff inactive. They are recently hired, so they recently posted an application, so they have probably been active a lot in the last few weeks. I don't think you have the right to make claims like that, seeing as I haven't seen you in game in a long time. I know you play AU, but that proves my point even more. You can't judge the mods as inactive because they also play in a different region.
Like you said, mods are encouraged to use the forums and give their help there too. It's not a requirement, and they obviously prove themselves in game or on teamspeak.

And yes, this could all have been said in a sentence. But it's better explained in paragraphs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci