• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A thread dedicated to the Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagguaron

Experienced
Reaction score
I don't know if you know, but moderators joining a game isn't broadcasted in chat like everyone else, and I don't announce my arrival or talk in chat unless someone breaks a rule. I believe people tend to show their true nature when they don't know a mod is present. And since the people of Canada eh, are mostly well behaved I don't find myself talking in chat very often. Try doing /list everytime you join a lobby. I bet you at least 1 out of 5 times a silent red named guardian is watching over you.
Lol being an active Canada player I agree. You and NewYorkkidd9 are the only mods i ever see. Btw i still remember that time you stalked me from a tree <3.

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
I can't speak for other regions, but I know for a fact that there's enough mods in EU. I meet another mod every few games.
Yes AU is definitely lacking in moderators
Most of the AU staff are on teamspeak a lot (I'm guessing they're the staff you're talking about because you're an AU player). If there are problems on the servers all you have to do is message or poke one of them about it and they can help.
Yes Blake I understand this, there have only been a few occasions where moderators were unable to answer my pokes. However, in all honestly, even though a vast majority of us doing it anyway, it is not the players job to connect to teamspeak every time a hacker kills us. It is a moderators job to be checking through the servers and on their players to see if they have problems in-game. This applies mostly to newer players on the servers, as older players usually know how to respond.
I don't know if you know, but moderators joining a game isn't broadcasted in chat like everyone else, and I don't announce my arrival or talk in chat unless someone breaks a rule. I believe people tend to show their true nature when they don't know a mod is present. And since the people of Canada eh, are mostly well behaved I don't find myself talking in chat very often. Try doing /list everytime you join a lobby. I bet you at least 1 out of 5 times a silent red named guardian is watching over you.
Yeah juan I know this, and I type /list quite often in lobby and in-game for this exact reason. Saying this, I dont often see a moderator. However for next 2 hours while I play I'll check and see, just in case your right :p I'll report back later.

The thing is I know moderators have real lives also, but why blatantly say that they are active when the majority of them have real lives also. I understand the reasons why moderators are inactive, but their has got to be a better way around this than constantly accusing them. I believe that the MCSG Staff should be formed more like a business. Almost around casual working hours, so that it can be assured that a few moderators are scouting around the servers, along with casual moderators just playing the game. This way, the staff of MCSG would hold together much better and become a more unified group. It will create a much further impact on the community than the current system and will likely result in less abusing in-game.

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score

Yes Blake I understand this, there have only been a few occasions where moderators were unable to answer my pokes. However, in all honestly, even though a vast majority of us doing it anyway, it is not the players job to connect to teamspeak every time a hacker kills us. It is a moderators job to be checking through the servers and on their players to see if they have problems in-game. This applies mostly to newer players on the servers, as older players usually know how to respond.

Yeah juan I know this, and I type /list quite often in lobby and in-game for this exact reason. Saying this, I dont often see a moderator. However for next 2 hours while I play I'll check and see, just in case your right :p I'll report back later.
Your opinion is vastly uneducated. Just because you can't see us, doesn't mean we're not there. We catch many hackers without you even seeing us doing it. I suggest next time you criticise the people volunteering their time to watch over the servers, I suggest you actually look into it before hand.

L

Lululioness

AU mods are a little understaffed, but the ones volunteering now are amazing!

The thing is I know moderators have real lives also, but why blatantly say that they are active when the majority of them have real lives also. I understand the reasons why moderators are inactive, but their has got to be a better way around this than constantly accusing them. I believe that the MCSG Staff should be formed more like a business. Almost around casual working hours, so that it can be assured that a few moderators are scouting around the servers, along with casual moderators just playing the game. This way, the staff of MCSG would hold together much better and become a more unified group. It will create a much further impact on the community than the current system and will likely result in less abusing in-game.
That would help but the mods now are still actually really good and most of the AU ones are active :)

Logan1111

Experienced
Reaction score
Them awesome canadian persons. :p
I think there are many inactive staff members. But I don't think that it's anywhere near most of them. In no way are 1/10 of the recently hired staff inactive. They are recently hired, so they recently posted an application, so they have probably been active a lot in the last few weeks. I don't think you have the right to make claims like that, seeing as I haven't seen you in game in a long time. I know you play AU, but that proves my point even more. You can't judge the mods as inactive because they also play in a different region.
Like you said, mods are encouraged to use the forums and give their help there too. It's not a requirement, and they obviously prove themselves in game or on teamspeak.

And yes, this could all have been said in a sentence. But it's better explained in paragraphs.
Yeah i am one of those recently accepted mods, i've been on the servers even more since i have been accepted. Lots of mods are often on the teamspeak but you do have to remember that many of them have a life outside of the MCSG servers. I know personally many mods just from being on the teamspeak.

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
Your opinion is vastly uneducated. Just because you can't see us, doesn't mean we're not there. We catch many hackers without you even seeing us doing it. I suggest next time you criticise the people volunteering their time to watch over the servers, I suggest you actually look into it before hand.
Actually krackan, if your not here, your not here. Its simple as that. If the moderators aren't interacting with the community than they ARE NOT there. You still don't answer me the whole point in what I was saying and that was there are a shear lack of moderators and they are not doing their job. Where is your evidence? If you think your right, I think we all deserve evidence of this. My evidence can first, be seen here - http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/XenStaff/

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
Actually krackan, if your not here, your not here. Its simple as that. If the moderators aren't interacting with the community than they ARE NOT there. You still don't answer me the whole point in what I was saying and that was there are a shear lack of moderators and they are not doing their job. Where is your evidence? If you think your right, I think we all deserve evidence of this. My evidence can first, be seen here - http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/XenStaff/
We have recently hired lots of staff so you can stop whining about that. Also, we are infact interacting with the community but you don't see it when you get banned off the teamspeak for disrespect to staff do you howsie? Seriously, you have no idea how much we are actually doing and you arguing your case is only proving how little you actually know and have bothered to actually research into.

Howsie22

Career
Reaction score
We have recently hired lots of staff so you can stop whining about that. Also, we are infact interacting with the community but you don't see it when you get banned off the teamspeak for disrespect to staff do you howsie? Seriously, you have no idea how much we are actually doing and you arguing your case is only proving how little you actually know and have bothered to actually research into.
Please don't start flame wars
Krackan has already started one unfortunately and because I'm a considerate and caring person I will not continue it, for yours, the people replying to the thread and for krackan's sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci