• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

A victim's tale of bullying

Do you see bullying happen in schools? If so, on what scale, and how closely affected are you?

• Total voters

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
This story was posted online. It's about bullying from a victim's point of view.
Anyways.. please, just read it. Feel free to post your thoughts, or even share your own stories.
There are three more stories planned, all in different styles. One will be from a bully's point of view, another from a bystander's point of view, and the last one will be based around online bullying.

“Bullying is more serious than many students think. I’m sure there are adults who realize it and try to inform the younger generation, but I don't feel like it works enough.. so here’s me, one of the “younger generation”. And I'm here to talk about bullying from my point of view.

It’s everywhere. In the halls, within the classrooms. Bathrooms, at lunch, and even before or after school. Everyone is affected by it, but in different ways.

I, personally, am a large victim of bullying. I get judged a lot by people who don’t know me, and even those who do always seem to try their best to block my path, both physically and mentally. I’m a nerd, geek, freak. Whatever you want to call me, fire away. By this point, it’s only adding small amounts of tinder when compared to the pile of logs that feeds the fire for my hatred of bullying.

In real life, those who are physically advantaged try to dominate me, just because that’s what they do. They pick on the weak, without even realizing it. Whether it be popular kids snubbing, jocks teasing, or football players simply bulldozing other kids, simply being in possession of power seems to automatically make a lot of people into bullies. Perhaps its not on purpose, but then again, maybe it is?

Anyways… allow me to launch into my first tale of bullying, which takes place at school.

In all my years, never have I faced anything like the American School System. It’s a system that seems to be designed to raise and create a few types of people, and anyone who doesn't conform is rejected by the system. Sadly, I'm one of those dissenters.

I don’t fit in with anyone, and I have no friends to rely on. Teachers dislike me because my grades are sub-par, and the other students shun me because I lack social skills (Gee, I wonder why?) and don’t have the looks to make up for it. All in all, I’m a prime example of a social pariah, or outcast.

In core classes, I get teased because I’m Asian, so they follow the racial stereotype that I should get straight A’s. In electives, whoever can cozy up to the teachers more (PE, jocks. Journalism, seniors.) gets favored, while I’m just trying to avoid attracting any attention, which for some reason makes me the number one target for bullying, as if my average day isn't bad enough.

In middle school, I was able to lash out and defend myself, because there wasn’t as much of a physical disadvantage. But now that I’m a sophomore in high school, being around 6 foot 5 football players who could bench two of me isn’t really working out too well.

Lunch time… oh, wow. Lunch is the best part of the day… to get bullied. People are able to hang out with their friends… meaning they can also try and pick on me in groups, rather than just one or two people at a time. There isn’t really a whole lot of places to sit, so I often have issues finding a decent place to just eat in peace. If I do, by some miracle, find a seat, then I’m usually not at all surprised that the nearest popular clique wants me to move just so that they can put their makeup and football bags where I was sitting, as if their useless accessories were worth more than a human life. If I don’t get up and move, it’s happened on multiple occasions that they would stick their beefiest guys on either side of me to try and force me to escape their sweaty fat.

Ever seen that episode from BBC’s Sherlock season 3, where the antagonist flicks Watson’s face with his finger, just because he has a blackmailing advantage? That reminds me of high school, although for different reasons. Jocks, class clowns, and virtually every other popular kid makes it their personal agenda to pick on me and any other nerd they can find. It’d be awesome if someone could explain their logic to me… oh wait, there isn’t any logic behind their actions except for the idiotic forces that I call “peer pressure”, “drugs”, and “current-day society”.

Something is wrong with this generation…”

Personally, I've seen small forms of bullying like the one mentioned at lunch. I've seen this type of stuff a lot, actually.

The following is a "short" (lol) story about something that happened to me last Friday, less than a week ago.
Keep in mind that similar events have happened to both me and my few friends in middle school as well, and to a lesser extent even in elementary. It was only recently that I've finally had the boldness to immediately approach authorities about issues like this, rather than waiting for me to be completely safe.

I was in the PE locker room reading a book, and a random black (I don't mean this in a racist way) junior walked up to me with a rolled up T-shirt, and tried whacking me with it for absolutely no reason. I slowly lowered my book, and stared at him and his friends, who were laughing their heads off. Then, the same guy said to "stand still so he could do it again", and I raised my book as though I was going to throw it at him. Seeing as the book was almost as big as his head - and hardcover - he backed down. (I didn't actually throw it. It'd be a waste of a good book if I used it on his empty skull.)
As you can imagine, I got beyond pissed off. There were no coaches in the room.. why? Because all THREE coaches were in the hallway chit-chatting, like every other day. I told the juniors that I was going to go inform the coaches (I maintained a relatively composed external behavior), and then they started laughing even harder, and one of them even had the audacity to tease, "Oh what, you're going to tattle? Ch*nk B**ch."
I walked through the emergency exit (Not an emergency exit, just a door that was supposed to remain closed) and straight up to the coaches, and said firmly that I needed a coach, instantly. At last, they got off of their chairs and asked me what was wrong, and I said that a few kids were bullying me. I can only assume that finally got their attention, because one of them ran into the locker room while the other one asked me to identify the bullies.
We returned to the locker room, but the bullies were nowhere in sight. I gave a brief description from my rage-affected memory, and the first coach went around to the primary exit to see if they had gone there. He returned with one of the four or so bullies.
We walked outside the building, and I explained what happened. To my frustration, the bully (The main fellow, who had tried hitting me with his T-shirt) kept interrupting my recounting, and twisted the story.
After several more minutes of us conversing and trying to get the tale completely straight without interruptions from the bully, the bell was about to ring so the other three bullies had to walk by us to leave. I was trying to tell the coach, but the original bully was distracting him so they walked away scot-free.

Even after me going through the entire ordeal of being bullied, reporting the bullies as soon as it happened and giving as much of a clear recount as I could, something that I find really awful happened...
The coach sided with the bully.

What. The. &@$#!! :mad:
The coach "explained" to me that the guy who I claimed had bullied me was a "good kid" and "wouldn't hurt a fly", and he was on the football team that the coach helped lead. If that isn't bias to the extreme, I don't know what is.
The bully walked away with a "warning" (hah, that was a BS warning if I've ever seen one) and the coach let us leave.

This was literally the second time that this has happened to me. Once in middle school, when someone threw a ROCK at me when I was climbing a tall tree (I was like thirty feet up in the air. Attempted murder???), and then this story.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I'm so done with the school system.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
I notice bullying a lot in my school, wannabe girl gangsters that call other girls ratchet ass hoes and other things. It makes me laugh how people can't use grammar or actual words to talk smack to people, what has this world came to...
Social media is another big topic where people fight over, "oh you stole my man, so now i'ma gonna woop your ass" and "shut up you ratchet hoe" on facebook, I love it how some people think they are popular over social media but in real life they aren't anything, just selfish kids that think for them selfs and no one else.

AGFire2013

District 13
Reaction score
Come to Canada. We have nice people.

In all seriousness though, it pisses me off so much when people just go around hurting people for such small reasons or for pretty much none at all. The bias shown by eaven teachers is not only annoying but disgusting as they should show good judgement, whether they like the student or not. Bullying is bullying. No matter how nice some may look, they could always be hiding a much, much uglier personality underneath.

-More to come as the thread updates-

Last edited:

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
I go to a public school with zero bullying. Odd.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Even after me going through the entire ordeal of being bullied, reporting the bullies as soon as it happened and giving as much of a clear recount as I could, something that I find really awful happened...
The coach sided with the bully.

What. The. &@$#!! :mad:
The coach "explained" to me that the guy who I claimed had bullied me was a "good kid" and "wouldn't hurt a fly", and he was on the football team that the coach helped lead. If that isn't bias to the extreme, I don't know what is.
The bully walked away with a "warning" (hah, that was a BS warning if I've ever seen one) and the coach let us leave.

This was literally the second time that this has happened to me. Once in middle school, when someone threw a ROCK at me when I was climbing a tall tree (I was like thirty feet up in the air. Attempted murder???), and then this story.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I'm so done with the school system.
Welcome to the American school system. From my experience, unless you have hard evidence (video or audio recording), figures of authority (unless they're police) tend to side with whoever they know better.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Surprisingly, the school I attend seems to have little to no bullying.
In fact, "popular" kids are, sometimes, kind and respectful towards me. However, they're still quite annoying, especially when I'm trying to sit down and listen to music with some peace of mind in the bus when some duck bag starts splashing water all over the bus.

I honestly cannot tell you if it's pure luck or Canada's just a nicer country in general, but I have never experienced bullying on a prolonged or serious scale. The only time I've been repetitively teased was in elementary school when one short, annoying and ratchet dude kept teasing me on my ear wax....seriously???

I'm happy that I wasn't fazed to even care about what he was saying. Luckily, I haven't seen him in a long time so all is well :D

Res

Diamond
Reaction score
I get bullied a ton and I don't care..... cause they'll get karma.

Chris

Platinum
Reaction score
In my school no one has time to bully due to the fact no one has time because of how much work we have ._. However outside of school there are several gangs in my area who "bully" whoever tries to join their group without invite.

ChrisComedies

Diamond
Reaction score
At my highschopls everythings fine. The popular guys can get annoying but they usually dont try to bully people and all the popular girls in higher grades are all incredibly nice to me. The only thing I really hate is when the teachers side with the sort of dumb kids. There was this one time this kid in elementary school randomly attacked me and I gave him a beat down (well just enough so he would run away) and I ended up getting full blame for it even though it was self defense.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
Teachers: Guyz st0p cyber bullying it is bad!!! Who cares about irl bullying because you has 2 go to school and we c everything! It's not liek u can block people or anything.

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
Not sure if you did, but last year in health we watched a movie how this depressed girl tried to kill herself over cyber bullying -.- What does she do? She keeps going onto the SAME FREAKING WEBSITE. I almost wanted her to die, but that is a terrible thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci