• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Anime Discussion Thread!

TheOnlyChanse

Diamond
Reaction score
SAO is my life..
SAO wasn't even that good tbh.
It ended too fast, like they coulda made 100+ episodes but they ended up making 13 or something around that. Like wouldn't a episode or more being dedicated to one level up the tower wouldn't that be so much better?
Kirito is such a bae and all but it's annoying however girl he meets they fall in love with him like wth. I mainly watched it cause asuna is my gf and the art is amazingg k i rant too much bi

Pingzza

Spectator
Reaction score
I plan to watch many more animes and any suggestions would be great c: Here are some of my favorites:

Clannad and Clannad After Story- This is the saddest anime I have ever seen. I didn't cry, but I teared up non stop during the show.

No Game No Life- If you liked SOA, you may like No Game No Life. They're both in a game-like world, and I enjoyed it very much!

Black Butler- When I finished this show...I just...-cries in a closet-

Attack on Titans, Black Bullet, and Fairy Tail are just some other animes I really loved. c:

Screenshot (21).png

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
It ended too fast, like they coulda made 100+ episodes but they ended up making 13 or something around that. Like wouldn't a episode or more being dedicated to one level up the tower wouldn't that be so much better?
Kirito is such a bae and all but it's annoying however girl he meets they fall in love with him like wth. I mainly watched it cause asuna is my gf and the art is amazingg k i rant too much bi
you know its designed to have more than one season. of course its going to end like that, there's more to it than just one season.

branone

Career
Reaction score
The series is still running, and there is a second season with new episodes airing every Saturday.

The whole 'harem' thing ends pretty shortly after that and if they dedicated an episode to each and every level of Aincrad the entire series would lose its touch.

TheOnlyChanse

Diamond
Reaction score
The series is still running, and there is a second season with new episodes airing every Saturday.

The whole 'harem' thing ends pretty shortly after that and if they dedicated an episode to each and every level of Aincrad the entire series would lose its touch.
I know about the new series but i don't really like alfheim and ggo as much as sword art online

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
*Strangles Chanse*

May I draw your attention to the light novel of Sword Art Online, with over 14 volumes?
The story goes on. There's Season Two, which is currently coming out, based upon Kirito's adventures within Gun Gale Online. At the conclusion of Gun Gale Online, Kirito is drawn quite interestingly into yet another virtual realm, where he has a very interesting adventure, split into at least three segments.

I plan to watch many more animes and any suggestions would be great c: Here are some of my favorites:

Clannad and Clannad After Story- This is the saddest anime I have ever seen. I didn't cry, but I teared up non stop during the show.

No Game No Life- If you liked SOA, you may like No Game No Life. They're both in a game-like world, and I enjoyed it very much!

Black Butler- When I finished this show...I just...-cries in a closet-

Attack on Titans, Black Bullet, and Fairy Tail are just some other animes I really loved. c:

View attachment 29371
If you enjoyed both No Game No Life and Sword Art Online, I'd recommend Log Horizon, which is also set in a fantasy world, with an intelligent and, for a bit, solo-style protagonist. Roughly 23 episodes.
One day, players of a single video game from all over wake up to find themselves in the fantasy world that they once played in. The story revolves around the main character and his comrades as they fight to make a living for themselves in this new world, and try to solve various issues that they encounter.

Also, Magi. Roughly 50 episodes.
Set in an alternative desert-like world most likely based upon Ancient societies such as Greek, Egypt, etc. (I forget which, it's been a while since I watched it) It follows a trio of friends as they adventure to become stronger and... gosh dangit I forget what the plot is, but it was good! >:C
At first I was reluctant to watch it, but I later decided to, and I don't regret it. (Although it did take like 25 hours out of my life. :/)

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
If you enjoyed both No Game No Life and Sword Art Online, I'd recommend Log Horizon, which is also set in a fantasy world, with an intelligent and, for a bit, solo-style protagonist. Roughly 23 episodes.
One day, players of a single video game from all over wake up to find themselves in the fantasy world that they once played in. The story revolves around the main character and his comrades as they fight to make a living for themselves in this new world, and try to solve various issues that they encounter.
With a season 2 coming in the fall! *squeals with glee*
It's a much more realistic take on being trapped in a game though, so don't expect SAO style action sequences (the animation budge is lower as well, though I think it still looks pretty nice.)

Anime Update 7/29/14:

Started The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

This may be one of the greatest shows I've seen in a while. I'm currently on episode 8 (in chronological order, not airing order) and I love it. Unique characters, unique plot, and pretty darn funny with some good animation (especially for 2006.)
I can see why this show is considered a classic as it's one of the few shows that I can watch on the computer without being distracted / tempted to browse forums and am thinking about the show even when not watching it.

Finished Ai Mai Mi S1

A fun little 3-minute-per-episode show with pretty crappy animation but some good 'wtf' humor moments. 7/10

Tried to watch Problem Children are Coming From Another World, Aren't They?

Watched the first episode but it didn't really pull me in, probably will pick it back up later though.
It's Basically NGNL (which I dropped) minus most of the loli and fanservice (at least so far) and with poorer humor and less interesting characters.

Currently Watching

Locodol - nice fluff show with some good humor and a surprisingly small amount of fanservice (for the type of show it is.)

Ai Mai Mi S2 - Not many episode out yet, but it seems to be less funny than S1, due to them trying to throw as many possible 'wtf' jokes at you as possible in 3 minutes, rather than giving it a minute or two to setup the payoff.

Captain Earth - Sucked at the start, but has improved greatly starting with episode 9. Most recent episode was pretty poor though.

Aldnoah.Zero - Cliche plot and emotionless main character, but some really interesting side characters (Slaine and the Princess), some really good if occasionally distracting music and a pretty realistic take on war.

Glasslip - This show doesn't show any hope of getting better. Stale plot, dull characters, forced love triangle, unexplained motives....it's really quite boring. It's Hanasaku Iroha done completely wrong.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
*apologies for double post. please don't hurt me*

Alrighty, so I just finished the Endless 8 arc from The Melancholy of Haruhi Shizumiya and all I can say is what the heck. I don't hate it but I don't like it either. It was the strangest thing I've seen in a while and I don't even know what to think at this point.

For those who don't know, this explains it pretty well without spoilers: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/endless-eight-kyon-kun-denwa

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci