• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Anime Discussion Thread!

Blazerboy | Noah

District 13
Reaction score
most of the anime i watch comes from being interested in hentai-manga (is there a name for those?) that i read, and i wish to know more of the plot LOL

Lululioness

Career
Reaction score
*enters*
i like attack on titan
*exits*

most of the anime i watch comes from being interested in hentai-manga (is there a name for those?) that i read, and i wish to know more of the plot LOL
do you know what hentai is or are you genuinely interested in that :confused:

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I just finished Nisekoi yesterday so I'm going to give a (not so) quick review of my thoughts on it.

The Good:
Incredibly hilarious comedy relief, like some of the best I've ever seen.
Super kawaii girls, definitely waifu material.
The show looks really nice.
The show does really manage to get you invested in whichever relationship you are rooting for.
The main boy actually has good reason that all the girls like him. He's kind, caring, and almost always does what's right. He's the epitome of a gentleman.

The Bad:
Waaay too much fanservice-y shots. They'll randomly cut to a shot of the girl's butt or something like that for no reason whatsoever. The spa episode was literally 100% fanservice.
The show likes to troll us with the possibility of plot progression, but then fakes us out. (A main character accidentally admits her love to the boy she likes? NOPE! The boy was asleep.)
I noticed a lot of usage of cheaper animation techniques, like looping animation shots, panning frames that were dubbed over, and moments where all animation except the mouths freeze.
This show feels really marketed specifically towards the pubescent boys demographic, with lots of cute girls and more than enough fanservice-y shots, and literally only one guy. (Excluding the comic relief dude.)
It has a crappy nothing gets resolved ending. Though we are getting a OVA and probably a Season 2, it's annoying regardless.

The Meh:
You get kind of depressed towards the end, when you figure out they probably aren't going to resolve anything at all, and of course the character you are rooting for is never going to confess her love because people in Rom Coms are retarded.
There are sooo many coincidences in the show, I won't spoil anything, but it gets a little ridiculous.
It sometimes sacrifices one characters development for another's. It essentially splits the plot up into sections, so that for 2 or 3 episodes you will only get development of one character and have to wait for the other.
This show really needs more boys, I'm not gay or anything but it's a little retarded how you know that nobody but the guy and one of the girls is going to be happy in the end.
Fairly generic love story plot.

Overall, I'd give this anime a 6.5/10, and I'd suggest watching an episode or two.
I'm camp Onodera btw :p [EDIT: Maybe a 7/10 is more fair, but the refusal to develop the characters is what really got me]

If this show does get a season 2, I'll definitely be watching.

did i do something horribly wrong
i know nothing about anime i just watch AOT because it's amazing
If you're interested, and you prefer watching dubs over subs, some great shows I've heard of that have good dubs are Neon Genesis Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop.

Last edited:

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Sword Art Online. No question. Back me up here Fox DQ

Mooclan My brother just finished watching Code Geass and said it was really good, is it worth a watch?
There's a few ecchi scenes, someone wakes up from a coma with no shirt on (female) but other than that there's only a little bit of fanservice that I know of.

DUUUUUUDE
THE ENDING
IS SO
I don't even know how to describe it.
PLOT TWISSSTTTT
But yes. Watch it.
SAO YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I was GOING to watch Code Geass, but for some reason i never got around to it, maybe i should try it?

Blue Exorcist OMG <333333
In the parts with a bunch of monsters like the last 2 or so episodes, it got a bit too creepy for me. All those bubbly shtoofs when the Satan guy was rising was just no.

Edit:
I just finished Nisekoi yesterday so I'm going to give a (not so) quick review of my thoughts on it.

The Good:
The show does really manage to get you invested in whichever relationship you are rooting for.
The main boy actually has good reason that all the girls like him. He's kind, caring, and almost always does what's right. He's the epitome of a gentleman.

The Bad:
Waaay too much fanservice-y shots. They'll randomly cut to a shot of the girl's butt or something like that for no reason whatsoever. The spa episode was literally 100% fanservice.
The show likes to troll us with the possibility of plot progression, but then fakes us out. (A main character accidentally admits her love to the boy she likes? NOPE! The boy was asleep.)
I noticed a lot of usage of cheaper animation techniques, like looping animation shots, panning frames that were dubbed over, and moments where all animation except the mouths freeze.
This show feels really marketed specifically towards the pubescent boys demographic, with lots of cute girls and more than enough fanservice-y shots, and literally only one guy. (Excluding the comic relief dude.)
It has a crappy nothing gets resolved ending. Though we are getting a OVA and probably a Season 2, it's annoying regardless.

The Meh:
You get kind of depressed towards the end, when you figure out they probably aren't going to resolve anything at all, and of course the character you are rooting for is never going to confess her love because people in Rom Coms are retarded.
There are sooo many coincidences in the show, I won't spoil anything, but it gets a little ridiculous.
It sometimes sacrifices one characters development for another's. It essentially splits the plot up into sections, so that for 2 or 3 episodes you will only get development of one character and have to wait for the other.
This show really needs more boys, I'm not gay or anything but it's a little retarded how you know that nobody but the guy and one of the girls is going to be happy in the end.

Overall, I'd give this anime a 6.5/10, and I'd suggest watching an episode or two.
I'm camp Onodera btw :p

If you're interested, and you prefer watching dubs over subs, some great shows I've heard of that have good dubs are Neon Genesis Evangelion and Cowboy Bebop.
...xd

I've watched up until episode 13. However, I've read all of the Manga. (except for the ones released in the last few weeks)
IMO the anime started out strong. However, as with many animes based around romance/comedy/school/slice of life, they can't really go anywhere, or at least they don't. I know how the whole plot goes, and I can say that there is almost NO important plot development. Sure you learn more about the characters and you get a bit closer to finding out who the girl with the key is, but it's like... no. It just doesn't work like that. You cannot have like 10 episodes of fillers in between each useful episode. No ;-;

Other than that, Kor, you wrote a really good review! Really detailed ;o

Last edited:

dq

District 13
Reaction score

The Good:

The Bad:

The Meh:

I'm camp Onodera btw :p

I love Nisekoi so much :D

But i guess we have different tastes, im kinda into all those fanservice-y shots xD
You are right about the ending, it was kind of annoying, i mean he didnt even kiss Onodera

i guess that theres just some stuff they could've done better

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I love Nisekoi so much :D

But i guess we have different tastes, im kinda into all those fanservice-y shots xD
You are right about the ending, it was kind of annoying, i mean he didnt even kiss Onodera

i guess that theres just some stuff they could've done better
I can't say there isn't a part of me that enjoys fanservice/ecchi :p

On other thoughts, I just started MEKAKUCITY ACTORS today and I'm already loving it. After one episode I think this may be my favorite anime of the year. The art style is so unique, and the pacing of the storytelling really draws me in.
It seems with The Shaft (the animation company behind Mekakucity Actors and Nisekoi) that they favor unique designs, really nice use of colors, and amazing (and often hilarious) expressions. but often have choppy animation and/or use cheaper animation techniques (looping animation, dubbed over freeze frames, animation freezing while only mouths move, etc.)

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I can't say there isn't a part of me that enjoys fanservice/ecchi :p

On other thoughts, I just started MEKAKUCITY ACTORS today and I'm already loving it. After one episode I think this may be my favorite anime of the year. The art style is so unique, and the pacing of the storytelling really draws me in.
It seems with The Shaft (the animation company behind Mekakucity Actors and Nisekoi) that they favor unique designs, really nice use of colors, and amazing (and often hilarious) expressions. but often have choppy animation and/or use cheaper animation techniques (looping animation, dubbed over freeze frames, animation freezing while only mouths move, etc.)
I was going to watch it, but the person with the funny hair scared me off ;_;

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci