• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Anime Discussion Thread!

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Hey is anyone going to/has been to any anime conventions? I'm probably going to go to Otakon this year, and I'm super excited. (It's expensive as crap, though. 80$ for the ticket.)
I went to... I believe, Supercon a few years ago, in like 2012.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Was it fun? :p
It was... a lot of walking around. Yeah, I guess it was fun, but I was stuck with my family - I was either dragged along to the booths they wanted to see, or I wasn't able to go to the booths that I wanted to go to, because I would get laughed at by my sisters, or they would say, "That's on the other end of the building!!" (I'm sitting here thinking, "WE WERE JUST THERE AND YOU SAID NO")
(Basically, if I don't conform to their idea of a "mature, ideal" brother, they criticize me. I've pointed this out to them several times, and they deny it, but I do know that it's very, very true. My mom does it too.)
The only thing I got out of it was a real katana c; WHICH MY LITTLE SISTER JUMPED ON AND BROKE THE HILT OFF >:C I WAS SO PISSED OFF.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
It was... a lot of walking around. Yeah, I guess it was fun, but I was stuck with my family - I was either dragged along to the booths they wanted to see, or I wasn't able to go to the booths that I wanted to go to, because I would get laughed at by my sisters, or they would say, "That's on the other end of the building!!" (I'm sitting here thinking, "WE WERE JUST THERE AND YOU SAID NO")
(Basically, if I don't conform to their idea of a "mature, ideal" brother, they criticize me. I've pointed this out to them several times, and they deny it, but I do know that it's very, very true. My mom does it too.)
The only thing I got out of it was a real katana c; WHICH MY LITTLE SISTER JUMPED ON AND BROKE THE HILT OFF >:C I WAS SO PISSED OFF.
Aw, that sucks. (This sounds sarcastic after looking at it, but I'm not being sarcastic I swear >.<)
Yeah, I've been to the Comic-Con in my area twice which is like the same thing. Lots of walking around. Otakon at least looks like it will have significantly more interesting booths, contests, and other interesting stuff though. Time to start saving. :p
I'll have to watch how much I bring, because when I go to cons with money, it's almost guaranteed that I'll spend at least 90% of it.

P.S
Katanas are awesome.

Henry

Diamond
Reaction score
i swear i'm like the only one who's never watched a complete anime

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
I finished episode 11 of Mekakucity actors. After getting up to here in under a week, I'm now super depressed at having to wait 6 whole days till the next episode. (Episode 11 was aired yesterday.)

That said, to keep up my spirits I started watching One Week Friends. I'm on episode 8 now I think (started watching it yesterday, and after about an hour went to bed and woke up early in the morning specifically to watch more of it.)
It's nothing brilliant, but it's a nice enjoyable show with pretty decent animation and a nice visual style. I do find it strange that all these highschoolers look like they are between the age of 10 and 12 years old. Especially considering how in other anime, 14 year old girls look like 20-year-olds, if only by pure breast size.

Reaction score
Pokemon fan over here.
Pokemon: Kanto
Pokemon: Orange Islands
Pokemon:B/W
Pokemon: Rival Destinies

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
Pokemon fan over here.
Pokemon: Kanto
Pokemon: Orange Islands
Pokemon:B/W
Pokemon: Rival Destinies
I've actually never seen Pokemon. :p Is that bad?
I've watched pretty much all of the alternatives though. Digimon, Bakugan, and Dragon King (I freakin' loved Dragon King as a kid.)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci