• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Ant Mound SG - 1.7 & 1.8

Yay or Nay?

• Yay!

• Nay! *Comments are appreciated!

Results are only viewable after voting.

NorthKorea

Spectator
Reaction score
i dont see this map getting accepted for 2 reasons. 1. No space for pvp,this seams like a map for non pvpers by saying(hey steve123 lets meet at the... um.. crap i died) 2. Lag, with all the 3 block pillars sourrounding the map dont you think thered be some lag? Just fix those things and i would approve it :D gl :D

KaelinatorPVP

Tribute
Reaction score
i dont see this map getting accepted for 2 reasons. 1. No space for pvp,this seams like a map for non pvpers by saying(hey steve123 lets meet at the... um.. crap i died) 2. Lag, with all the 3 block pillars sourrounding the map dont you think thered be some lag? Just fix those things and i would approve it :D gl :D
Well, if you are mistaking the 3 block pillars for grass, I can't and won't change that. The theme of this map is a yard with an ant mound in the middle. There isno much lag, lag comes from entities in the world, not clay blocks. This is a flat world meaning there won't be any lag coming from the map. The other thing is that "there is not much room for PVP". Yes, I agree. There is some room, but it's not as crowded as you think. A way to test: go into a world, find a jungle biome, and try to pvp there. The grass is 5 t ik me easier to pvp in than a jungle biome. Also, if you are tactical about your pvp, then you would go find a landmark to fight at. Thanks for your comment.

FusionDeck

Career
Reaction score
I feel as though you have not taken on any feedback in the comments,cans just started arguments. Most maps that were accepted, edited and improved things while they were posted. I suggest you do the same. As for your comment on why this map was not added, I have seen many maps been denied because their creators don't care about people's opinions and they just argue. The map seems like what thrraforming IS there is very sloppy because it was built in vanilla. You can say that not using any Plugins is a good thing, but not when it takes over the looks of the map. To sum up, I believe that map is plain, flat and repetitive, you should think about these things in your next map.

kaelinator

Survivor
Reaction score
I feel as though you have not taken on any feedback in the comments,cans just started arguments. Most maps that were accepted, edited and improved things while they were posted. I suggest you do the same. As for your comment on why this map was not added, I have seen many maps been denied because their creators don't care about people's opinions and they just argue. The map seems like what thrraforming IS there is very sloppy because it was built in vanilla. You can say that not using any Plugins is a good thing, but not when it takes over the looks of the map. To sum up, I believe that map is plain, flat and repetitive, you should think about these things in your next map.
Thank you for your comment. First of all, I am not trying to be mean, I am doing this for the sake of gameplay and the map. The thing is, all of the comments, telling me to change things, are saying I should get rid of the grass. As the grass is the whole point of the map, it will not be removed. I'm sorry if I am creating arguments, which that's not what I am trying to do. What I am trying to do is get the comments, take the advise that I can, and give my opinion/reasons why it why I like that idea, or why I dont/ and then see what changes I can make. So far all comments regarding changes to be made are about the grass. Now, about the terriforming. I agree, good terriforming is good within reason. Though, this map is out to be unique, a yard, which doesn't have many steep hills or trenches. There is another way you can look at it though. If what you mean by better terriforming as more realistic terriforming, then I get you. You know, the ground is not perfectly flat like I have it in the map, but if I add too much noise, though it would look more realistic, it would cause the pvp to be even more horrid than people already think it would be on this map.
Again, I am not trying to start any flame wars or arguments. And thank you for your comment, it will help with my next map. :)

Timmeh

Tribute
Reaction score
This is by the far the most original map I have seen, not going for the usual abandoned village type thing, however they might not accept it because it will not be great for PvP. I love it though. The cinematic affects, BRILLIANT. Did you use Adobe After Affects? Thanks for a truly orignal map, Tim

KaelinatorPVP

Tribute
Reaction score
This is by the far the most original map I have seen, not going for the usual abandoned village type thing, however they might not accept it because it will not be great for PvP. I love it though. The cinematic affects, BRILLIANT. Did you use Adobe After Affects? Thanks for a truly orignal map, Tim
Thank you so much Tim, to edit I used Sony Vegas pro 12. Also, thank you for your comment! These types are really motivating!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci