• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Are you ashamed you play Minecraft?

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I feel like I'm one of the few people who is not ashamed of playing Minecraft.

Here's a screenshot of my Facebook avatar, edited to take out my last name, since I really dislike my last name.

And here's some screenshots of Minecraft-related things that I've posted on my wall:

Do I get judged for it? No. At least, not to my face.
But then again, I have less than 50 friends on Facebook, and most of them don't even know me that well. Relatives, friends of friends from church who randomly sent me friend requests.

In real life, I wasn't ashamed of saying that I play Minecraft. I was considered a nerd/geek with very few friends, and in fact my best friend also played Minecraft, and openly talked about it with me in class pretty much every morning. Many people in my homeroom class knew that I played Minecraft, but either they didn't care or were too scared of me (violent boy, remember) to try and taunt me about it, since I was best friends with the largest kid in the room and sat so close to the teacher that I could take his stapler by reaching over my desk, LOL.

This upcoming school year, I won't have any friends (I moved a year ago and then was homeschooled) so I won't really have anyone to tell, so I doubt anyone will know.

Reactions: Wyz

QualiaV2

Experienced
Reaction score
A few people know and they don't seem to care and it wouldn't bother me anyway. It's not that it's 'a secret', it's literally that nobody except a few friend care so I don't talk about it much. It's like any other hobby/activity, nothing to be ashamed of.

bbLLERMC

District 13
Reaction score
No a couple of my friends play but they don't know how to play mcsg and they hack hard on other servers.

le quack

Platinum
Reaction score
My whole school knows about my MC account and Youtube, they legit careless xD Hell My Japanese friend helps me translate people talkin Japanese on this server. AvengeYouiMight bro wat u think?

Zietra

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Never. As long as I enjoy it, I couldn't vare what people thinkz

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have made sure that there are absolutely no links between my social media profiles with IRL friends and stuff like my youtube (I don't actually upload on it but there's one video with my voice in it, which people could recognise) or my MCSG profile. The only IRL friends that know I play minecraft are the two that introduced me to it and I hope it stays that way. If anyone ever questioned me on it, I'd just say "yeah I do, not much of your business" but for now, I wouldn't want anyone else knowing.

shadowblaze12

Diamond
Reaction score
Yeah, sadly. I play tons of sports like Football and Basketball, and my friends only play things like GTA and FiFA and things of that nature. Some of my friends think MInecraft's a game for nerds and such, and I have to play along, even though I hate it. So, to answer your question, yes I am ashamed. I wish I wasn't though.

Trilexium

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
A little bit. I play CS:GO and LoL (well, used to) with my friends. They know I have Minecraft but they don't know the extent to which I play it, which has led my parents to believe I'm addicted to this game (when really it's just that I have nothing better to do with my time- I tried my hardest to say that without coming off as a no-life which I'm not).

P

PeriLH_

To be honest, I would feel very embarrassed if anyone IRL found out that I play Minecraft. The only people that know are family members, and they could care less what I do on the internet. (Just kidding, they are always bugging me to go outside..) xD

Imaboss1102

Spectator
Reaction score
To Be Honest some of my school knows i play games so i don't really care.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci