• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

AS Being Shutdown - Thoughts + Suggestions @Devs, Sr. Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

savva60

Experienced
Reaction score
We'll I guess this is the end... I guess this is the last I'll see of all the cool AS players together... I always hoped I could join the pro AS clans... I guess my dreams will never be accomplished... I'll just make a list of all the players who were dedicated to this server...
-Zekrom_Ares
-FreddyBones
-YoungWolfyy
-MightyJack
-ChaoticCookies
-Quackeryy
-NinjaIrwin
-kingusa12
-Mattzeex #MattforSnrMod c;
-zachy007/nock
-thamesmanisy
-ZHDCrew
-jemartin
-Keno
-DarkMatterBlader
-FifthSymphony
-MVPThomas
-flame225
-Diamondstar
-PVP_Baby
-Chicoboy2001
-SpiderAntidote
-darkseaslug
-VenomRX
-AntidoteRX
-Savva60
-HHdTroll
-Gunter1128
-Aldexm
-Kaboomster
- VaderHD
-Legit_Prophet
-Extremearc
- Some_Herobrine
-Tyroneley
-Upperbyte
-Lowerbyte
-xephos_gray
-xXRaging_BaboonzXx
-Lygerized
-techstar
-atomicminer
-#BBPT my first and only clan I joined c:
-Iametal
-AngelicSwift
-DevilicCrafter
-markchuah_xeria
-neverthink
-MiracleShock
-Laseryan
-tembel100
-gunner4eva
-Jpaquino
-blackcatassassin
-LouisTheLuigi

I hope that now you all understand what this community means to us!

#SAVE AS
Don't forget raflon. :D And don't count AS out just yet, hope is only lost once you believe it to be. And I don't think it is yet.

Tartanian

Experienced
Reaction score
I've been playing mcsg for 6 months and this is what AS represents for me and I'm sure I've missed a ton of other cool people !

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Another potential option could be decreasing the amount of CA servers. I do not know for a fact, however I do believe many CA players have a very similar connection to the CA severs as they do the US servers. The CA server hosting location is much closer to the US location.

When I say that, I don't mean taking them all away, I mean just a few. From my understanding, you pay for each server monthly (I could be wrong) and decreasing it by just two or three can really save you some money, which can be used to fund AS.

You could even do the same with US. Yes, US is the current largest community (I think), but two or three servers cut down would hardly even be noticeable, and if it was, these players can just as easily connect to CA.

Asking a US player to connect to the CA, and a CA player to connect to US if needed shouldn't make a huge difference because of the similar connections, and while it may drop slightly, it shouldn't be anything noticeable. Even if it is, it is certainly less noticeable than asking an AS player to connect to US, AU, or CA.

I think what is really being missed out on is the fact that the AS community is here. They are small, but they are here. It has been made clear through their posts that they are willing to compromise, with even just two AS servers.

I am absolutely positive that most of the US and/or EU community would be willing to lose only 2-3 servers so that the AS community could reopen, because it will hardly make a difference for us, but will make a huge difference for them.

I think even if you gave AS members a chance to donate beyond donor to help with the costs, they would. They aren't just having a grand old time arguing about this, they're doing it because they love their servers and want them back, and I'm sure they'd be willing to help however they can to get them back.

This is kind of like building a bird house in your backyard, leaving it up for several months, long enough for some birds to grow to rely on it, then removing it from the tree completely at random one day, leaving the birds who rely on that with nothing.

You can't build something this big up (despite their actual small size in numbers, the AS community is still in fact very large) and be so quick to take it down.

savva60

Experienced
Reaction score
Another potential option could be decreasing the amount of CA servers. I do not know for a fact, however I do believe many CA players have a very similar connection to the CA severs as they do the US servers. The CA server hosting location is much closer to the US location.

When I say that, I don't mean taking them all away, I mean just a few. From my understanding, you pay for each server monthly (I could be wrong) and decreasing it by just two or three can really save you some money, which can be used to fund AS.

You could even do the same with US. Yes, US is the current largest community (I think), but two or three servers cut down would hardly even be noticeable, and if it was, these players can just as easily connect to CA.

Asking a US player to connect to the CA, and a CA player to connect to US if needed shouldn't make a huge difference because of the similar connections, and while it may drop slightly, it shouldn't be anything noticeable. Even if it is, it is certainly less noticeable than asking an AS player to connect to US, AU, or CA.

I think what is really being missed out on is the fact that the AS community is here. They are small, but they are here. It has been made clear through their posts that they are willing to compromise, with even just two AS servers.

I am absolutely positive that most of the US and/or EU community would be willing to lose only 2-3 servers so that the AS community could reopen, because it will hardly make a difference for us, but will make a huge difference for them.

I think even if you gave AS members a chance to donate beyond donor to help with the costs, they would. They aren't just having a grand old time arguing about this, they're doing it because they love their servers and want them back, and I'm sure they'd be willing to help however they can to get them back.

This is kind of like building a bird house in your backyard, leaving it up for several months, long enough for some birds to grow to rely on it, then removing it from the tree completely at random one day, leaving the birds who rely on that with nothing.

You can't build something this big up (despite their actual small size in numbers, the AS community is still in fact very large) and be so quick to take it down.
duckluv, I luv u.

Radiax

Diamond
Reaction score
Ok first off if AS did not have a hub it wouldn't change the price. MCGamer does not and will never buy a premade mincraft server. we will always use our own dedicated servers as they run better. Adding to that, AS only had 1 server that costed the same as 3 us or eu servers (im not talking minecraft servers you get from CH im talking high grade servers that are just the hardwere and the os then the devs do the rest). AS was shut down as it cost too much and there is no way to down size it. Adding to that as was never planned in the first place, it just happened. Chad did warn you that if we did not get more players there then it would shut down.

that is no where near the price we pay as we use https://cubedhost.com/billing/cart.php?gid=23 these servers as they are better there is no way that we can cut down the price. The only way to get AS back it for it to suddenly get like 300 players.

also cuting down US or EU is not and is never going to be an option as those servers are needed and to get rid of one of our servers there we will loose 25 servers not just 1 and as those servers are full for like 12 hours a day that is not going to happen.
Point 1. You say that it cost 3 US Servers for 1 AS Server. There are only 4 AS Servers, but there is a total of 150 (?) US Servers. The amount incurred to host the US Servers is nowhere near the amount to host just 4 AS servers. Right now, we don't even need those 4 servers. We can even have 1 or 2 servers. I doubt you have seen the peak periods of Asia. That's during the June/December breaks that we have and the flow of players will increase as most people have their breaks and spend time playing servers.

Not only that, I understand that it takes alot of money to have 1 device to host ~25 servers (?) and I'm pretty sure that having 1 or 2 servers in the Asian region isn't that hard. In case you didn't know, I quote you: "Chad did warn you that if we did not get more players there then it would shut down." we do have a steady stream of players, with a few AS Clans and occasionally AU players do come over to AS too.

Point 2: We don't need 300 players to fill up 4 servers. We only need ~100 or so. And with the list that Tartanian just listed, that can easily start 2 games with the servers filled. Not only that, he missed out ALOT of regular AS players that play too. What you're impacting is not only what people enjoy - you're taking away the fun they had of the so called "negative 2 ping"

EVERYONE enjoys "no-lag negative 1337 ping" connection, they enjoy playing with good ping and they all know that it can benefit you. You've got to understand not everyone has the best of internet erhem *@Quackeryy*. This just shows negligence towards your players - your donors, your players that enjoy MCSG.

They play AS for a reason, and by taking away the AS servers, you take away the reason for them to play.

Tartanian

Experienced
Reaction score

Thank you for the love <3

Zekrom_Ares

Diamond
Reaction score
Well to be fair I am a AS player and I can't just see AS going away without doing anything I feel wrong a lot of AS players have wrote down 4-5 paragraphs explain why. Well probably the best way to solve this is moving AU to Perth it won't really effect the AU players but It'll also make asian players get 4-5 bars. I understand you guys even though I'm not in your shoe it is hard to host AS servers gaining few profits but just moving AU to Perth would solve the problem please consider moving AU. ~ Zekky <3

Tartanian

Experienced
Reaction score
You only need the light when it's burning low,
Only miss the sun, when it starts to snow,
Only know you love her when you let her go.

Only know you've been high when you're feeling low,
Only hate the road when you're missing home,
Only know you love her when you let her go...... We're not letting go...

savva60

Experienced
Reaction score
Well to be fair I am a AS player and I can't just see AS going away without doing anything I feel wrong a lot of AS players have wrote down 4-5 paragraphs explain why. Well probably the best way to solve this is moving AU to Perth it won't really effect the AU players but It'll also make asian players get 4-5 bars. I understand you guys even though I'm not in your shoe it is hard to host AS servers gaining few profits but just moving AU to Perth would solve the problem please consider moving AU. ~ Zekky <3
I think most AS players would be satisfied if there were a few servers hosted in Perth as many of us can get 100ms or so there.

ToeKnee

District 13
Reaction score
Forgot kpwn243 and moo something..

Personally, I think that the AS servers should be hosted in Hong Kong because we have the 3rd best internet in the world? It is also cheaper than the other server hosters so yeah... >.<
Mooman stepped down ;-;

Keno

Experienced
Reaction score
As an addition to the previously stated arguments for the revival of AS, it could be interpreted that the AS McGamer society acted like a monopoly. For Asia at least. Albeit being small, it was hands down the largest Survival Games based server set in Asia. Some firms start small and take a while to blossom. Others grow at an exponential rate.

Speaking about demographics; The USA and CA have a total of nearly 350 million people. On the other hand, the main contributing countries to AS MCG; Singapore and Malaysia have just around 35 million people. It is inevitable that the AS region is and will be smaller. Another well-known fact is the study pressures in Asia. It is known that kids here are known to go through a lot of study pressures, this being said it is blatantly clear that speaking in terms of server traffic, traffic will grow in the holiday periods. I.E - Summer and Winter. I am not sure if you remember the summer days of 2013 for AS but I sure do. I remember that it was hectic. 12 servers constantly filling up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci