• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

AS Being Shutdown - Thoughts + Suggestions @Devs, Sr. Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunner4eva

Spectator
Reaction score
I think the main problem of AS was that there was usually not enough people to start the game on AS. And when we do eventually have 12 people, someone would leave at the last second.

Canaan

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
We'll I guess this is the end... I guess this is the last I'll see of all the cool AS players together... I always hoped I could join the pro AS clans... I guess my dreams will never be accomplished... I'll just make a list of all the players who were dedicated to this server...
-Zekrom_Ares
-FreddyBones
-YoungWolfyy
-MightyJack
-ChaoticCookies
-Quackeryy
-NinjaIrwin
-kingusa12
-Mattzeex #MattforSnrMod c;
-zachy007/nock
-thamesmanisy
-ZHDCrew
-jemartin
-Keno
-DarkMatterBlader
-FifthSymphony
-MVPThomas
-flame225
-Diamondstar
-PVP_Baby
-Chicoboy2001
-SpiderAntidote
-darkseaslug
-VenomRX
-AntidoteRX
-Savva60
-HHdTroll
-Gunter1128
-Aldexm
-Kaboomster
- VaderHD
-Legit_Prophet
-Extremearc
- Some_Herobrine
-Tyroneley
-Upperbyte
-Lowerbyte
-xephos_gray
-xXRaging_BaboonzXx
-Lygerized
-techstar
-atomicminer
-#BBPT my first and only clan I joined c:
-Iametal
-AngelicSwift
-DevilicCrafter
-markchuah_xeria
-neverthink
-MiracleShock
-Laseryan
-tembel100
-gunner4eva
-Jpaquino
-blackcatassassin
-LouisTheLuigi

I hope that now you all understand what this community means to us!

#SAVE AS
You were in BBPT? 0.0 Im such a Newbie...

Canaan

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You were the one who invited me when I barely had 10 wins xD
Oh did I? Good Old Times. And congrats on Member :) I will write a few paragraphs of debating when I get back from school tmr. Now its nearly 12 so I think that all of us should be going to sleep. Good Night AS!

DvstDash

Experienced
Reaction score
I think the main problem of AS was that there was usually not enough people to start the game on AS. And when we do eventually have 12 people, someone would leave at the last second.
Reducing the starting limit to 6 would do if this is the case. Cause in average we get 8 players hanging around each AS servers for 15 mins. They survived waiting for that amount of time just to play a single AS game.

And what Keno said. We have a lot of school pressures. That is why on Memes you see "This asian, is my calculator." Cause studying is our main thing here. And you know having only 2 seasons in most of the countries here (Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia). Makes our "off school" days less. We only have like 2 big holidays (Well I'm not sure for other countries, for my country (Indonesia) we only have 3 weeks of holidays (Without weekends counted)). So that is probably the reason of the inactivity on AS. But we do have players playing. You won't even notice. If you reduce the players to start the game to 6 players, then.. People will start flowing in. Usually people don't like waiting for 12 players to join. So they wait people to join and then they join. But if 1 joins, others will. And then it will get to 12 players. But reducing the players to 6 would do. Cause people can wait for less time. And waiting for people to join takes a lot of time that makes them think that they are just wasting there time sitting there for nothing. They think it wastes a lot of their precious time.

le quack

Platinum
Reaction score
Reducing the starting limit to 6 would do if this is the case. Cause in average we get 8 players hanging around each AS servers for 15 mins. They survived waiting for that amount of time just to play a single AS game.

And what Keno said. We have a lot of school pressures. That is why on Memes you see "This asian, is my calculator." Cause studying is our main thing here. And you know having only 2 seasons in most of the countries here (Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia). Makes our "off school" days less. We only have like 2 big holidays (Well I'm not sure for other countries, for my country (Indonesia) we only have 3 weeks of holidays (Without weekends counted)). So that is probably the reason of the inactivity on AS. But we do have players playing. You won't even notice. If you reduce the players to start the game to 6 players, then.. People will start flowing in. Usually people don't like waiting for 12 players to join. So they wait people to join and then they join. But if 1 joins, others will. And then it will get to 12 players. But reducing the players to 6 would do. Cause people can wait for less time. And waiting for people to join takes a lot of time that makes them think that they are just wasting there time sitting there for nothing. They think it wastes a lot of their precious time.
Right going to buy 6 accounts start games and win farm........................................

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
I have to agree with Dave. Certain aspects of MCGamer are simply not possible if the servers are not in a dedicated environment. Even when CA didn't have a hub, all of the servers were hosted on dedicated machines. Network bans, leaderboards, sponsorship ranks, server statuses and so on must be transferred between servers and different databases. These are intricate automated systems that are in place to ensure your experience on MCGamer is streamlined, so you can move from game to game with ease.

In addition, MCGamer has had a track record of being incredibly scalable to accommodate different times of the year (adding and removing servers to ensure servers are being used). In a dedicated environment where all map resources are on the machine it's easy to add or remove a server. The same cannot be said on a shared hosting plan where your access on the machine is limited.

Last edited:

Dave

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
im going to say this for the final time WE CAN NOT REMOVE JUST 2 GAME SERVERS in our terms removing 2 servers if removing 50 game servers the AS servers proxy and hub were on one server us is on 11 servers and they are all needed we can not simply remove one it jsut does not work like that so stop saying we can we do not buy minecraft servers we bye dedicated servers witch means a blank 32 or 64GB server and install all the things on it its like buying a very powerful pc so we can not i say again can not remove any less than 25 servers which is out of the question. im sorry if i seem rude but im kinda annoyed i have said this a lot of tiems and no one read what i had said.

Virtual

District 13
Reaction score
im going to say this for the final time WE CAN NOT REMOVE JUST 2 GAME SERVERS in our terms removing 2 servers if removing 50 game servers the AS servers proxy and hub were on one server us is on 11 servers and they are all needed we can not simply remove one it jsut does not work like that so stop saying we can we do not buy minecraft servers we bye dedicated servers witch means a blank 32 or 64GB server and install all the things on it its like buying a very powerful pc so we can not i say again can not remove any less than 25 servers which is out of the question. im sorry if i seem rude but im kinda annoyed i have said this a lot of tiems and no one read what i had said.
This is not the kind of attitude an administrator should have...
As a staff member, you're supposed to have patience.

We heard what you said, Dave.

Personally, I think what duckluv321 wrote was a good (enough) plan:
Another potential option could be decreasing the amount of CA servers. I do not know for a fact, however I do believe many CA players have a very similar connection to the CA severs as they do the US servers. The CA server hosting location is much closer to the US location.

When I say that, I don't mean taking them all away, I mean just a few. From my understanding, you pay for each server monthly (I could be wrong) and decreasing it by just two or three can really save you some money, which can be used to fund AS.

You could even do the same with US. Yes, US is the current largest community (I think), but two or three servers cut down would hardly even be noticeable, and if it was, these players can just as easily connect to CA.

Asking a US player to connect to the CA, and a CA player to connect to US if needed shouldn't make a huge difference because of the similar connections, and while it may drop slightly, it shouldn't be anything noticeable. Even if it is, it is certainly less noticeable than asking an AS player to connect to US, AU, or CA.

I think what is really being missed out on is the fact that the AS community is here. They are small, but they are here. It has been made clear through their posts that they are willing to compromise, with even just two AS servers.

I am absolutely positive that most of the US and/or EU community would be willing to lose only 2-3 servers so that the AS community could reopen, because it will hardly make a difference for us, but will make a huge difference for them.

I think even if you gave AS members a chance to donate beyond donor to help with the costs, they would. They aren't just having a grand old time arguing about this, they're doing it because they love their servers and want them back, and I'm sure they'd be willing to help however they can to get them back.

This is kind of like building a bird house in your backyard, leaving it up for several months, long enough for some birds to grow to rely on it, then removing it from the tree completely at random one day, leaving the birds who rely on that with nothing.

You can't build something this big up (despite their actual small size in numbers, the AS community is still in fact very large) and be so quick to take it down.

DerpyDash11

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ok first off if AS did not have a hub it wouldn't change the price. MCGamer does not and will never buy a premade mincraft server. we will always use our own dedicated servers as they run better. Adding to that, AS only had 1 server that costed the same as 3 us or eu servers (im not talking minecraft servers you get from CH im talking high grade servers that are just the hardwere and the os then the devs do the rest). AS was shut down as it cost too much and there is no way to down size it. Adding to that as was never planned in the first place, it just happened. Chad did warn you that if we did not get more players there then it would shut down.

that is no where near the price we pay as we use https://cubedhost.com/billing/cart.php?gid=23 these servers as they are better there is no way that we can cut down the price. The only way to get AS back it for it to suddenly get like 300 players.

also cuting down US or EU is not and is never going to be an option as those servers are needed and to get rid of one of our servers there we will loose 25 servers not just 1 and as those servers are full for like 12 hours a day that is not going to happen.
EU do NOT need that many servers. Most are empty. Maybe don't deprive an area of servers and give another one too many?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci