• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Austin's Resource Packs - A Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfessorRetro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Alright. Hi, so, basically, almost all of the community knows of the name "Austin_HG" by now. Whether it's "that EU hacker" or "that amazing resource pack maker" or any other type of "label".

Basically, Austin makes amazing resource packs. He's made a total of three major ones, up to this date. He charges for his packs because he puts an IMMENSE amount of effort into them. All he asks for is for you to actually buy his packs if you want them. Sure, the prices might be high, but they're his packs, he can put a price if he wants.

His thread can be found here: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/austins-♢-rp-♢-collection.131764/

What happened was that many people always tried to leak his packs. His first one was leaked, Viperbite. The second major one, Frostbite, the maker took it and sold it for his own personal gain.

His recent one, Ember, was leaked in a similar manner to Viperbite.

As a good friend of Austin's, and a great admirer, I find this disgusting. The fact that someone puts so much work into something and you will scam them is horrifying.

The person who ruined this was named Swako. He got hate when he leaked it and deleted the video. Then came someone named Matt_Games. He leaked it like any other disrespectful person. However, he leaked it with an AdFly link. You make money off of those. It's disgusting when people will not only ruin something for someone, but is it for personal gain!

Bottom line is, please go donate to Austin if you can. It's absolutely sad to see this happen.

Austin_HG we all support you. We're sorry this happened.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
Alright. Hi, so, basically, almost all of the community knows of the name "Austin_HG" by now. Whether it's "that EU hacker" or "that amazing resource pack maker" or any other type of "label".

Basically, Austin makes amazing resource packs. He's made a total of three major ones, up to this date. He charges for his packs because he puts an IMMENSE amount of effort into them. All he asks for is for you to actually buy his packs if you want them. Sure, the prices might be high, but they're his packs, he can put a price if he wants.

His thread can be found here: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/austins-♢-rp-♢-collection.131764/

What happened was that many people always tried to leak his packs. His first one was leaked, Viperbite. The second major one, Frostbite, the maker took it and sold it for his own personal gain.

His recent one, Ember, was leaked in a similar manner to Viperbite.

As a good friend of Austin's, and a great admirer, I find this disgusting. The fact that someone puts so much work into something and you will scam them is horrifying.

The person who ruined this was named Swako. He got hate when he leaked it and deleted the video. Then came someone named Matt_Games. He leaked it like any other disrespectful person. However, he leaked it with an AdFly link. You make money off of those. It's disgusting when people will not only ruin something for someone, but is it for personal gain!

Bottom line is, please go donate to Austin if you can. It's absolutely sad to see this happen.

Austin_HG we all support you. We're sorry this happened.
Every private resource pack ends up getting released/leaked one way or another and you making this thread to tell us to donate to Austin is pathetic in my own opinion. If we wanted to donate we would.

This is a major suck up to Austin thread seriously, his is not the only pack that has been "leaked" and it will never stop.

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
Can't say much on the issue, but I'm not even sure that what was going on was legal.

He used textures from other packs, free packs, and sold them for his own profit gain.
Yes, he made the bows, swords and other items, but is it even fair?

Yes, I'm going to do an example about cakes, but lets put it this way.

You are giving away free cakes. Someone steals one of your cakes, adds some STRAWBERRIES on the top and sells it on for money. Your hard work, he is adding some things and making money when you made the CAKE.

ProfessorRetro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Can't say much on the issue, but I'm not even sure that what was going on was legal.

He used textures from other packs, free packs, and sold them for his own profit gain.
Yes, he made the bows, swords and other items, but is it even fair?

Yes, I'm going to do an example about cakes, but lets put it this way.

You are giving away free cakes. Someone steals one of your cakes, adds some STRAWBERRIES on the top and sells it on for money. Your hard work, he is adding some things and making money when you made the CAKE.
However, comparing his work to adding a strawberry to a cake is not a large enough scale, in my opinion.

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
However, comparing his work to adding a strawberry to a cake is not a large enough scale, in my opinion.
Sorry, I guess Cake is on my mind. 8)

But still, I feel like he has used free products and used them for is own personal gain. This could be illegal depending on what resource packs he has used his items from.

ProfessorRetro

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Sorry, I guess Cake is on my mind. 8)

But still, I feel like he has used free products and used them for is own personal gain. This could be illegal depending on what resource packs he has used his items from.
Out of the textures that he made/edited (however you want to look at it) the only parts used by other packs were the outlines. And for some textures, the outline was just a base. It was even edited.

However, I respect your opinion because you're not bashing him directly like quite a lot of other people.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
Out of the textures that he made/edited (however you want to look at it) the only parts used by other packs were the outlines. And for some textures, the outline was just a base. It was even edited.

However, I respect your opinion because you're not bashing him directly like quite a lot of other people.
Your opinion is that he deserves 'donations' for his texture pack getting leaked, he didn't spend money making it, he hasn't really lost anything and the other thing is... he released it for free anyway. It's fine to ask for donations as he did in his video, I don't mind that but this thread trying to make us donate to him for someone leaking it is not necessary at all.

"Bottom line is, please go donate to Austin if you can."

This thread is simply to try and make us donate, sure make a topic about how you believe leaking texture packs is bad or whatever but creating a thread to try and make us donate is not needed and is practically begging for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci