• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Banned for no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm also guessing that this might have to do with the ban...
"You can trust us by making decisions on how to handle anything as we are doing it to better our community. Sometimes, you may not agree completely with us, but you need to understand and trust our judgement in situations."

This is also part of it. Not only did you not trust their judgement that it was ban worthy or not, but you also heavily implied that it's completely okay to bother the staff all day if you want, which you can not, it's common sense not to. Joke or not, that was not something you should have done at all. The xD at the end didn't help either. It may imply you are just joking around, but in certain situations like this one, it just looks like you're trolling and is seen as a more offensive thing.

I'm not saying they should have just banned you without warning like that, but you did do something you shouldn't have.
1. I didnt doubt the desicion of the staff I quoted someome, als he only asked if there was a way to get unbanned so he didn't doubt it either

2. I only did the xd because Chad laught about it and he tought it was a joke or something. For me it was a serious reply

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Also just be seeing that it seemed as if the person is very very much careless about banning people. If you ban people like that soon there will be nobody left, and instead of banning people who have done such a simple little offence and banned them without even a warning is quite unprofessional like, something I don't like coming from someone who has as much power as a mod/admin does.
I did say at the end that banning like that without warning likely wasn't the best way to handle it. I never said it was. I respect their decision to ban him, though.
However, you aren't respecting their opinions on how to handle things and are breaking that rule - you are taking it a little far. I'm not even sure the reason I listed was the actual reason, I stated it was a likely one. They could have a very good reason and you claiming that they are abusing their powers isn't helping anyone. Technically, neither of my posts here are helping many people either, I just want people to understand that this wasn't as much of any abuse at all.
I don't like to see a staff member anywhere abusing their powers either. However, I do not believe there was much of, if any, abuse here.

This entire thread actually shouldn't have existed, it should have been a simple PM to Chad if you believed that it was abuse. Making these things public only makes more people hate the staff for either valid or invalid reasons, which is unneeded. Making people aware of little bits of abuse is only going to make them pester the staff more, thus causing even more abuse if there even was any in the first place.

I'm going to stop posting here now, I have no intent of starting any flamewars.

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I did say at the end that banning like that without warning likely wasn't the best way to handle it. I never said it was. I respect their decision to ban him, though.
However, you aren't respecting their opinions on how to handle things and are breaking that rule - you are taking it a little far. I'm not even sure the reason I listed was the actual reason, I stated it was a likely one. They could have a very good reason and you claiming that they are abusing their powers isn't helping anyone. Technically, neither of my posts here are helping many people either, I just want people to understand that this wasn't as much of any abuse at all.
I don't like to see a staff member anywhere abusing their powers either. However, I do not believe there was much of, if any, abuse here.

This entire thread actually shouldn't have existed, it should have been a simple PM to Chad if you believed that it was abuse. Making these things public only makes more people hate the staff for either valid or invalid reasons, which is unneeded. Making people aware of little bits of abuse is only going to make them pester the staff more, thus causing even more abuse if there even was any in the first place.

So I compare it to this: a friend if you is in jail, your friend asks if you could ask a cop if there is any legal way to get out of jail. So you ask the cop that and the cop puts you ik jail.

You really think that the cop don't abuses his power here? Because this is exactly what happened.

KingJr

Career
Reaction score

Okay you no longer have to post, but also read the rule "You can trust us by making decisions on how to handle anything as we are doing it to better our community. Sometimes you might not agree completely with us, but you need to understand and trust our judgement in situations.
If you are seeing any abuse done by the moderators or admins like cheating, contactChadTheDJdirectly and I will handle it."

It's kinda of a two way if you think about it, trust them yet at the same time try to make sure they don't abuse there power, the 2nd part of the rule kinda overrules the first part of it. and yes this is an abuse, banning someone for a slight offence when it should have been a kick or at least talked to the player in a calm and professional matter, but instead he banned him from ts AND the servers themselves, this is something is what I would call abuse, taking advantage of ones own power is abuse. The moderator should have done things differently, but he didn't.

Reaction score
Let me be honest here Bart, from what I've seen on the forums your a nice person, and I like arena, I think we've all looked up to him at some point. But I also like karoleigh, she's always seemed to be a good admin. I'm having trouble telling whether or not to believe you. This whole situation seems to be messed up. IF what you say is true then some very rash decisions were made, and both of you should be un-banned, then hopefully this situation can be ignored and everyone can be happy.

carguy8

Experienced
Reaction score
So I compare it to this: a friend if you is in jail, your friend asks if you could ask a cop if there is any legal way to get out of jail. So you ask the cop that and the cop puts you ik jail.

You really think that the cop don't abuses his power here? Because this is exactly what happened.
That would be true, if your grammar was a bit better :D

lehparsiphel

Experienced
Reaction score
Make it simpler, someone punches your friend, you ask the person why he punched your friend. He looks at you then socks you too.

Clbrend

Career
Reaction score
Arena master was asking almost his full contact list on skype to ask a Sr. mod on teamspeak if he could be unbanned. This is what he asked Darkiboy:

[21:04:43] Darkiboy hi
[21:04:45] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): hey
[21:04:49] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): do u still do MCSG?
[21:05:05] Darkiboy: sometimes
[21:05:10] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): can u go on Teamspeak 3?
[21:06:53] Darkiboy: channel?
[21:07:41] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): ts.mcsg.in
[21:07:47] Darkiboy: channel
[21:07:54] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): wat?
[21:08:02] Darkiboy: which channe;
[21:08:04] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): o
[21:08:04] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): no
[21:08:07] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): try and get a hold of mod
[21:08:11] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): i wanna see if i can get unbanned
[21:08:19] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): be sure not to get involved with Karoleigh though
[21:08:33] Darkiboy: lol im not gonna help u with that... srry
[21:08:37] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): ._.
[21:08:38] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): k
[21:08:40] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): lol

And that bart actually did it was kind of stupid. But to get perm banned for it? Little to harsh imo.

VebbiHD

District 13
Reaction score
Arena master was asking almost his full contact list on skype to ask a Sr. mod on teamspeak if he could be unbanned. This is what he asked Darkiboy:

[21:04:43] Darkiboy hi
[21:04:45] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): hey
[21:04:49] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): do u still do MCSG?
[21:05:05] Darkiboy: sometimes
[21:05:10] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): can u go on Teamspeak 3?
[21:06:53] Darkiboy: channel?
[21:07:41] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): ts.mcsg.in
[21:07:47] Darkiboy: channel
[21:07:54] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): wat?
[21:08:02] Darkiboy: which channe;
[21:08:04] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): o
[21:08:04] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): no
[21:08:07] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): try and get a hold of mod
[21:08:11] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): i wanna see if i can get unbanned
[21:08:19] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): be sure not to get involved with Karoleigh though
[21:08:33] Darkiboy: lol im not gonna help u with that... srry
[21:08:37] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): ._.
[21:08:38] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): k
[21:08:40] cute_lil_dragon1(arena_master): lol

And that bart actually did it was kind of stupid. But to get perm banned for it? Little to harsh imo.
Did bart get perm-banned? or are you talking about Arena_Master

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci