• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Bounty System

Status
Not open for further replies.

phenry

Spectator
Reaction score
While listening to Chad's live stream on friday, he came up with an idea of placeing bounties on remaining tributes as a spectator. I was thinking about this and I came up with a few ideas to go along with it.

-Spectators that place bounties on a tribute(s) must use points of their own to add to the bounty for that player.

-To prevent one person from getting too many points, there could be a cap or 'max amount' that could limit the amount of points one person could place for another tributes death.

-Multiple spectators could add to a single tributes bounty.

-Tributes could place bounties on other tributes in-game.

-If tribute with bounty survives the games and wins, the points would be returned to the spectators that placed them, or perhaps have the points be awarded to the tribute who survived.

-Once a bounty is placed, it cannot be withdrawn.

-In-game messages will appear when a new bounty is placed or added to. EX: "The tribute phenry now has a bounty of 100 points."

-Once the tribute with the bounty has been killed, messages will be sent to the spectators that placed them, including who killed the tribute. EX: "Your bounty was completed. Chadthedj was awarded 100 points for slaying phenry."

I also think it would be interesting if we kept the names of the spectators who placed the bounty a secret to the tribute who recieved the bounty. I don't know how that sounds to all of you, but I think it could be a bit more exciting not knowing who put a hit out on you.

But anyways, these are just some ideas that I came up with. I'll probably be adding more later, as this bounty system is very interesting to me. Thank you all for reading.

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Why would a player pay points to kill a guy when they're already dead? What do the people who set the bounty get in return?

phenry

Spectator
Reaction score
Why would a player pay points to kill a guy when they're already dead? What do the people who set the bounty get in return?
The point of the bounties is just to have fun and make the game more interesting. As far as what the spectators get in return is still unkown, theres a lot of possibilities you could take with that.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
The point of the bounties is just to have fun and make the game more interesting. As far as what the spectators get in return is still unkown, theres a lot of possibilities you could take with that.
If it's just for fun and of no use, why would a spectator want to use their points for that?

The_Soy_Man

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
i don't think it's worth handing out more points to people.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
i like this idea a lot actually, since i don't earn that many points much anymore as i'm busy with friends on their servers and such. it will make it interesting if you could communicate with the live tributes in this way. eg: i kill you and you, in your anger place a bounty on my head because you don't want to see me win (for whatever deluded reason :p). this would encourage other players to target those who appear to be doing well, or simply have made too many enemies. it would also be an anonymous way to get back at those who backstab you, so long as no-one can see who has placed the bounty...

schnikes

Career
Reaction score
This seems fun, although I wouldn't really waste more than 5 points on someone who really ticked me off :p

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If there is a bounty set on a player, and they win the game, would it be cool if the person won those points for not being killed? :p

B

bigmike4life

I also think it would be interesting if we kept the names of the spectators who placed the bounty a secret to the tribute who received the bounty. I don't know how that sounds to all of you, but I think it could be a bit more exciting not knowing who put a hit out on you..
I disagree i really think you should know who placed the bounty on you maybe not everyone else but i think the player who received a bounty on them should know. I think you should know bc i feel that i will be receiving alot of bountys on me......

Stijn

District 13
Reaction score
Its actually a nice use for the points :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci