• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

CANDEEZE ISLAND - A Breeze Island Remake by TheModios

Lechips11

Survivor
Reaction score
Hiya! I'm not to keen on remake maps, simply because they're less original and the map creator has less "credit" for the map, but I have to say that this is well executed.

I especially like the "M&Ms" which provide means of accessing different areas of the map without the tedious task of traversing through the water. However, would this provoke copyright issues? I'm not sure.. Anyway, my main qualm with this map is that it is a little too similar to Breeze Island for my taste. Yes, you've placed M&Ms, and yes you have slightly altered the ship's sails, but most of the map is just, at least from what I can see, changing the blocks to a more candy-esque one. If I'm wrong, please correct me, but I see this map lacking originality. It's a clever idea, but I would prefer you to differentiate the map a little more from Breeze Island...a chocolate avalanche? A bon bon raft?

Also, I'd take out the cake pixel art, since it's needless and detracts from the beauty of the map (Although I suppose I'm biased since I've never liked pixel art).

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Hiya! I'm not to keen on remake maps, simply because they're less original and the map creator has less "credit" for the map, but I have to say that this is well executed.

I especially like the "M&Ms" which provide means of accessing different areas of the map without the tedious task of traversing through the water. However, would this provoke copyright issues? I'm not sure.. Anyway, my main qualm with this map is that it is a little too similar to Breeze Island for my taste. Yes, you've placed M&Ms, and yes you have slightly altered the ship's sails, but most of the map is just, at least from what I can see, changing the blocks to a more candy-esque one. If I'm wrong, please correct me, but I see this map lacking originality. It's a clever idea, but I would prefer you to differentiate the map a little more from Breeze Island...a chocolate avalanche? A bon bon raft?

Also, I'd take out the cake pixel art, since it's needless and detracts from the beauty of the map (Although I suppose I'm biased since I've never liked pixel art).
I don't think the corporates of M&M's play MCSG and much less that they will sue us :p

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You should scatter more M & M's around in the ocean, so that water chases could be less tedious as there is a means of catching up to a runner, or getting away faster. Other than that, I really like this :D

DonnieHD

Survivor
Reaction score
I think this looks very good! just add some more in and you're good to do! MCSG Standard!

TheModios

Survivor
Reaction score

1. The M&M's are so "blocky" that we don't think they get copyrighted. but thanks for noticing, that could have been a problem :)

2. We forgot to mention all the secrets the island have. If you look at our progress thread (link in first post), we have some of the "secrets" revealed. Fx. there is a secret chamber under spawn where "The King of Vegetables" live, and is hiding from the rest of the island. We are planning, when the next version of the map comes out, to show all the secrets of the map in a single video.

We will also build some more islands, with new monuments.

You should scatter more M & M's around in the ocean, so that water chases could be less tedious as there is a means of catching up to a runner, or getting away faster. Other than that, I really like this :D

OMG IT'S YOU!! :D Thanks for watching and liking our thread! You're god to us! xD
We will deffiantly be adding more M&M's so all islands are connected, just like on demons breeze. (and as i said before, more islands)
An yeah it's pretty epic when you chase someone on the MM's as you need to do a lot of parkour. If they fall down in the water you got them :) We tried the map a lot of times on a private server.

To everyone else:

Thanks for all your nice comments! :D

(Now.... the map is not "finished" *damnit*)

Saza

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This looks like such a fun and AWESOME map to play xD
Nice job :)

TheModios

Survivor
Reaction score
VERSION 1.3 RELEASED! :D Now with many more islands and M&M's!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci