• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Catching Fire/Quarter Quell update and lifetime diamond giveaway!

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello tributes!

To start off this post, thank you to those of you who have participated in the Quarter Quell beta testing so far. We've been able to find a lot of things that need worked on and correct them before our actual release. One of the major complaints so far has been client lag and freezes caused by the volcano and flood. Because of this, we have decided that we're going to replace two of the segments, the volcano and flood (9:00 - 10:00 and 10:00 - 11:00), with user-submitted disaster ideas!

But even better - for the two most creative disaster suggestions that are possible in Minecraft without causing massive client lag and end up being implemented into the game, the first person to suggest each disaster will get a lifetime diamond rank! If you have an idea for a disaster, suggest away; there's no harm in making a suggestion, and if your suggestion is chosen as one of the two disaster segments, you will win a diamond rank!

The winners will be picked tomorrow (Thursday, January 23). Thank you, again, everyone for assisting with the testing, and we're looking forward to seeing everyone at the grand opening this weekend!

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
(I'd like to point out, my OP was first, but it was deleted)

Anyways, I'll be brainstorming.

Edit: oh, the first after me was deleted, so I'm first again :3

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
(I'd like to point out, my OP was first, but it was deleted)

Anyways, I'll be brainstorming.
Trying to have a serious thread here :p

Yozy_XD

Diamond
Reaction score
1: You could have fire ball fire at players like in the first movie.
2: You could have have poisons spiders in stead of monkeys like the movie.
3: You could have sinking soul sand say I walked over a bit on soul sand it would sink like the sg4 gravel trap.
4: You could have poisons rain.
5: You could have mad wolfs.

Last edited:
L

Lululioness

You could have blocks slowly caving you in and you have to try and get out of being caved in and crushed to death by getting out of thats segment through a maze. Would involve a lot of redstone though and probably would lag just as much xD

I'm still brainstorming c:

Ground could drop beneath players into a cave they'd either be trapped in or lava.

If this is possible there could be crazy winds and players could be pushed in a certain direction?

There could be an earthquake and trees could fall over and blocks would change places and if possible the player's POV on the screen could be jumping up and down. Holes could randomly form and players could fall into them if not careful.

Something should really happen at cornucopia though. A lightning strike? Idk.

It would be awesome, if you could have if two players are in a segment there is a forcefield between them and they're stuck in the segment for that time. And they try and hit eachother but there's a forcefield. You could also lose health for touching it as well.

Sun burn. Unless you're under the shade of a tree, you'll get damaged by being in the sun from sunburn xD

Last edited by a moderator:

Educating_

Platinum
Reaction score
Disaster Idea: Poisonous Sand. In the section the disaster is happening, the sand will go poisonous in certain regions and the poison will last for 10 seconds. Won't lag I don't think. Just an idea.

EDIT: Or, if it's possible, you could have spider jockeys in the section. Those things are nasty.

Brownieee

Diamond
Reaction score
One disaster idea could be like. Large amounts of mobs chasing you? With a possibility of them catching up to you, or you managing to get away.

EDIT: exploding blocks or items could follow a tribute around, each item exploding with a possibility to kill the tribute.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci