• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Chad's Survival Games Animated movie intro. Yes or No?

What do you think SG members/ staff??

• Total voters

xXDO0MXx

Survivor
Reaction score
Ok so my first ever animation is done. A small peice of much need animation practice for me. So stay tuned for an animation that will come after each modeled Admin is finished and rigged. Also, if anyone is interested in being in the credits of this thing, let me know, I need a renderer with a good computer. took my laptop 24 hours to render this 18 second clip o_O

Say Hello to Chad! He hasn't been very happy lately.. "Angry Chad"

And Another similar: "Chad the Hero"

Say Hello to Clank!

"Karo" Gotta redo her rig. Lost it when I updated my Blender

I'm inspired to do a short intro film to the survival games with the staff members as characters. The film would more or less show each of the SG Admins in an Arena modeled using Blender. Would be a bit of a short action film probably ending with Chad slashing the screen in half , his Minecon cape streaming in the wind behind him, and then the screen going black and "The Survival Games"/ a text of his choice and then the film would end in "credits" Showing the name of each included staff member.

The above is an example of what the graphics would basically look like.

Now, even this small film, if done correctly and in great quality, is a project a bit bigger than I am capable of both in Blender knowledge and system capabilities. To pull this off, I will need to assemble a small animation team of 3-4 moderately skilled Blender artists/animators, and a good bit of both staff and member cooperation and support.

So here's where you all come in:
-answer the poll
-volunteer if you have experience using blender
-help spread the word!

*If you're interested in a position on the animation team for this film, add me on Skype with a message, letting me know who you are. xxjt0ddxx is my username.

Update Log*** Woop for progress baby!

The set is DONE!! TELL ME THIS DOESNT LOOK LIKE MINECRAFT!

Not sure what I can do about this haze atm, I'm sure its a changeable setting, but it does add a bit of realism in the act of dimming my set >:/

Now, before I get a load of comments, asking about the glass blocks and the station still on the roof, don't worry, I will fix this after the modeling stage to look exactly like our beloved server. Get ready to be seeing some pics of Chad's model in the scene cause that's what I'm working on today!

Sadly, when I updated my Blender, Karo's awesome model was lost :/ I swear I hit the finder program bout 30 times looking but no luck :( Back to modeling her after chad is done.. any suggestions to better the previous model?

Chad Update!

Current Rig (in progress):

xXDO0MXx

Survivor
Reaction score
We'll see if he'd like to get involved. A spot is open to him.

FinsGraphics

Survivor
Reaction score
Sorry guys but I don't really want my name on this project. Hope it works out for ya!

Sorry
Fin

P.S. I think this is in the wrong forum section?

xXDO0MXx

Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah I figured.. Nice guy :). Oh and could someone please find the "Site Intro Movie" section for me? Sorry, I may have missed it.

FinsGraphics

Survivor
Reaction score
You might want to check the "Anything Minecraft" section I think it fits :)

Edit: but off topic is fine too :)

xXDO0MXx

Survivor
Reaction score
You might want to check the "Anything Minecraft" section I think it fits :)

Edit: but off topic is fine too :)
I think I'll leave it right here actually, thanks for the advice though buddy. Keep up the coloring :)

xXDO0MXx

Survivor
Reaction score
Soooooooooooooooo.. Do i get to be in it? :p
If I can get a link to your skin, then I don't mind adding in an extra staff member or two ^_^ Modeling you guys isn't so difficult. It's converting this darn world save to an .obj file that's the trick part. Working on it though, and will keep you all posted

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci