• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Cloudy with a Chance of Survival [FINISHED]

What do you think? Remember...this is in the WIP thread.

• Total voters

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
I've been waiting for this download for ages. After having a good look through the map, here's my feedback:

Amazing terraforming and there is a wide variety of blocks used, but they're also used in a way that it adds to the map, instead of just for the hell of it. A plentiful amount of structures relating to the topic, and adding in challenges along the way. (Like the food tornado and donut parkour.) Original idea, not too much water, but there could probably be more donuts, or it be more distributed around the map instead of in one big cluster. My only major downside for now is the chest placement, you need to make more obvious chests and I haven't been able to find many obvious chests, but there seems to be lots of hidden ones. (Tornado parkour, the fridge, etc.)

Overall map grade: A-
All of this criticism comforts me more than you know. Because I haven't actually done the chest placement yet, I've just put a lot in places that I couldn't resist. ;) And the water area is a lot more interesting now! New download coming up! Thanks for downloading, the map is in the final stages of building, and after that, changes will most likely be purely from feedback like yours.

EDIT: New info!

Unofficial changelog:
-changed strawberry to mushroom blocks
-added smaller strawberries
-more fruit in fruit bowl
-fruit parkour in the east fruit palace spire (unfinished)
-falling challenge in west fruit palace spire
-cobblestone block distribution outside fruit bowl
-"pretty sandstone" block distribution on desserted island
-added liquorish bridge
-added gummi bear tower
-added floating jelly beans (@lakerfuffle ;))
-lava sauce in shrimp glass
-LOTS MORE TREES in health food forest
-added beach along health food forest
-added "beet" palm trees
-added celery logs
-"there's a leek in the forest!"
-added ruins to health food forest
-added ice cream sandwiches! (popsicles are planned)
-added microwave construction (crates and crane)
-more redstone!
-minor detailing, still a very incomplete map
-more things

Cobblestone distribution

Jelly Beans!

Liquorish and Gummi Bear Tower!

Crates! Crane! Building things! (it's a microwave)

Added lava sauce!

Strawberry looks so much more delicious now!

New download up most likely tomorrow, you should really download the map and let me know what's wrong with me!

kstorm2

Experienced
Reaction score
Love the creativity! Very original! Not quite as much of a fan of the newer photos, but definite promise here.

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
New download, a lot of new stuff from the change log. However, some areas are incomplete, and some are not detailed yet. I've been kinda sick this week. :( But feel free to provide input and suggestions! Not too much left to do! (according to my own brain.)
Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ldhfuyq41dhjhyb/CWACOS release build 1.1.zip

Also, I don't know if anyone noticed, I Did update most of the screenshots on the front page a few days ago with the latest updates.

I would love it if you guys that had any sort of issues with the water at any time (@JimmerHD, @Halo_0, @Captain Dak, @lakerfuffle) could check out the new download, because not only is it very easy to make it across the water now from both sides of the island, there is also a lot more IN the water. I 'may' add more between the land and the first donut if I can't satisfy you guys, but come on; it is literally less than ten seconds of swimming. Don't be afraid to touch water! It really can give you an advantage over someone who is chasing you from corn if you manage to get on land first.

Still, falling into the water is definitely a bad thing if you are on your way to and from the island, and that is a planned challenge. My only words of advice: master sprint jumping.

Last edited:

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
I would love it if you guys that had any sort of issues with the water at any time (@JimmerHD, @Halo_0, @Captain Dak, @lakerfuffle) could check out the new download
Alright I will go over the things I think need the most attention, assisted by screenshots. :)
2013-09-26_18.51.18.jpg
My only problem with this area is that there is only one entrance. I would hate running around the whole circle and not finding the entrance.
2013-09-26_18.54.48.jpg
The spawn area is easy enough to leave, but is too challenging to get back inside. In my opinion, covering the entirety of the walls with ladder would be fine.
2013-09-26_18.52.36.png
This is inside one of the buildings, don't remember exactly which. But this looks like a trap, and if you're doing a trap, please make it kill you. Nobody likes being stuck all game, at least from what I've collected of the mcsg community.

Now, about the water..I'm sorry, but I'll be honest. I still think there's way too much open ocean, althought I do like what you added. The water fights would be just like in Breeze, which is not fun:/

2013-09-26_18.51.52.jpg

No qualms, this is beautiful :)
2013-09-26_18.46.04.jpg

So is this :)

qwErtyVAsdfghN

Diamond
Reaction score
I like it. It would be a very good 48 player map, or even a 24 player one.

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
@lakerfuffle, Awesome, thanks.

I will think about adding some entrances through ice cream cone scoops.

There are four ways to leave, and four ways to get back inside. You pretty much have to sprint jump to get out, and you only have to climb a ladder to return. Can you elaborate?

Not a trap, just one of the unfinished parts I mentioned. I'll finish that today.

Water...thing is, you don't have to go in the more open parts. I really don't think I'm going to expand the land anymore, so any ideas? I just love water. I really do. I hate Breeze island, because of how little land there is. But I love how much water there is at the same time. I also feel like there is SO much more land than Breeze Island on this map, and you can't exactly use the water to swim all around the map over and over again, like people absolutely do on Breeze. I just...don't see it being a problem the way you do. But I'm still open to suggestions, and I'll bet you can convince me to add some things in the water to make it a little less open if they really fit the theme.

And thank you for seeing the beauty. ;)

Also, I removed all chests on this download, because I'm not really at that point yet anyway.

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
@lakerfuffle, Awesome, thanks.

I will think about adding some entrances through ice cream cone scoops.

There are four ways to leave, and four ways to get back inside. You pretty much have to sprint jump to get out, and you only have to climb a ladder to return. Can you elaborate?

Not a trap, just one of the unfinished parts I mentioned. I'll finish that today.

Water...thing is, you don't have to go in the more open parts. I really don't think I'm going to expand the land anymore, so any ideas? I just love water. I really do. I hate Breeze island, because of how little land there is. But I love how much water there is at the same time. I also feel like there is SO much more land than Breeze Island on this map, and you can't exactly use the water to swim all around the map over and over again, like people absolutely do on Breeze. I just...don't see it being a problem the way you do. But I'm still open to suggestions, and I'll bet you can convince me to add some things in the water to make it a little less open if they really fit the theme.

And thank you for seeing the beauty. ;)

Also, I removed all chests on this download, because I'm not really at that point yet anyway.
About the ladders, I just think you need mid more accessible than through a single ladder..anyways single ladders are easy to get punched off of.

The water: hmmm you could add a gigantic swedish fish? No joke that would be both fitting and, I think, awesome.

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
About the ladders, I just think you need mid more accessible than through a single ladder..anyways single ladders are easy to get punched off of.

The water: hmmm you could add a gigantic swedish fish? No joke that would be both fitting and, I think, awesome.
Hmm...okay, experimenting with the ladders.

AH! Yes! I was thinking of adding a normal fish a while back, and then nope. But I think this could work! Thank you for the suggestion! I will try it.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'll give her a download and see what I think.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci