• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Cloudy with a Chance of Survival [FINISHED]

What do you think? Remember...this is in the WIP thread.

• Total voters

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
Uploaded a much more fresh image of the map on the front page, also including a ring showing the edge of the map so people don't get confused. :)

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
Uploaded a much more fresh image of the map on the front page, also including a ring showing the edge of the map so people don't get confused. :)
I still think too much water may be an issue..

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
I still think too much water may be an issue..
I kind of agree with you. In the sense that I don't think there is too much water at all, but that there IS too much between pieces of land. right now, if you swim across the farthest stretch of water between the island and the mainland (which you will probably never do), it takes about 40 seconds. I want to half that, not necessarily by moving anything around, but by extending certain areas and adding more in the water. Don't worry, I'm listening. There are players who love the water as well. It just has to be balanced, so you can get places easily enough, and still be able to use the water to your advantage.
More trees and less water >:D
Your thoughts are heard; however, you might find that there are more than enough trees when you get to see the map for yourself. I would encourage you to download it and check it out as soon as I have it uploaded! It really is hard to tell from the in-game map, I've noted.

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
I kind of agree with you. In the sense that I don't think there is too much water at all, but that there IS too much between pieces of land. right now, if you swim across the farthest stretch of water between the island and the mainland (which you will probably never do), it takes about 40 seconds. I want to half that, not necessarily by moving anything around, but by extending certain areas and adding more in the water. Don't worry, I'm listening. There are players who love the water as well. It just has to be balanced, so you can get places easily enough, and still be able to use the water to your advantage.

Your thoughts are heard; however, you might find that there are more than enough trees when you get to see the map for yourself. I would encourage you to download it and check it out as soon as I have it uploaded! It really is hard to tell from the in-game map, I've noted.
I think the idea of boats in the water can make for good water parkour, IMO. So, the player can parkour it, but if he fails, he has to swim the way. Then the water can be manageable

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score

I would highly suggest making a map-themed harbor. At this point on MCSG, there are no full-on harbors with tons of boats, just big boats mainly. You could do block-made sailboats along with normal, ridable boats.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

I'll be sure to take a look when it is released.

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
I think the idea of boats in the water can make for good water parkour, IMO. So, the player can parkour it, but if he fails, he has to swim the way. Then the water can be manageable
That is actually how the donuts work, and they work quite well. :)
I would highly suggest making a map-themed harbor. At this point on MCSG, there are no full-on harbors with tons of boats, just big boats mainly. You could do block-made sailboats along with normal, ridable boats.
I've been trying to think of a way that putting small boats into the map would fit the theme, I will work harder on this.

Zaex

Diamond
Reaction score
That is actually how the donuts work, and they work quite well. :)

I've been trying to think of a way that putting small boats into the map would fit the theme, I will work harder on this.
Ah, I see then.

zorrodc

Career
Reaction score
Y'know? If you spruce up the builds then I will really like this map.
A lot.
Seriously.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci