• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Cloudy with a Chance of Survival [FINISHED]

What do you think? Remember...this is in the WIP thread.

• Total voters

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
Here it is. Didn't get as much done as I would have liked, but I'm still gonna work a lot more tonight.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4dbxyll68hw8s7x/CWACOS_release_build_1.0.zip

Also JimmerHD, if you are worried about how many trees there are in the Health Food forest, there are many more planned, and an even greater variety of "tree-styled" foods. :D
Have a look!

EDIT: If you get a bunch of weird permissions things, I'm not sure exactly how to fix them. But you should still be able to bypass them easily by clicking the affirmative each time. If anyone knows of a fix, I would be happy to hear it.

Last edited:

Twister__99

Tribute
Reaction score
Looking good, PokeJosh! You guys should all download the map, the pictures don't do it justice! ;)

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
I know you're going with the pizza corn, but imagine a corn with actual corn? :p
Just an idea I heard from a friend.
I'm imagining it. It sounds...pointy.
What a nice electrical substation!
Thanks, I made it myself! It's like you're not even part of the team! :)

I added installation instructions to the front page in case there are those that want to try the map and have never installed a map before on their computer. I figure that there won't be that many, but I want everyone to have the easy option. :)

I've actually added a lot since putting up the download of the map, so I might put up another one soon. Please let me know if the download works, there is only so much testing I can do from my own place!

lakerfuffle

Career
Reaction score
Okay after downloading the map, it looks just as good (delicious, rather) as it does in the screenshots, but here are a few of the problems (there's tons of good things believe me; I just want to help you by pointing out what might need work):
-Wayy too much water in that one area of the map with the floating donuts. Either add donuts all across the lake so it is very easily traversible, or add more land.
-At the lava ravine (that's how i'd describe it), I'm not sure if it's possible to get all the way down without dying.
-There's not enough chests, and when there are chests there's a lot in one place. Just add chests and spread them out a bit. Hot spots are fine, but you need some spread to it. Just remember MCSG likes about 150+ chests.
-Some of the terrain is all one block type; there could be some variety. Such as in the ice cream place, it's all snow. Maybe add ice for some variety. Although I must say the block variety around the cornucopia is very good; I'd use that as a model.

PokeJosh

Experienced
Reaction score
Okay after downloading the map, it looks just as good (delicious, rather) as it does in the screenshots, but here are a few of the problems (there's tons of good things believe me; I just want to help you by pointing out what might need work):
-Wayy too much water in that one area of the map with the floating donuts. Either add donuts all across the lake so it is very easily traversible, or add more land.
-At the lava ravine (that's how i'd describe it), I'm not sure if it's possible to get all the way down without dying.
-There's not enough chests, and when there are chests there's a lot in one place. Just add chests and spread them out a bit. Hot spots are fine, but you need some spread to it. Just remember MCSG likes about 150+ chests.
-Some of the terrain is all one block type; there could be some variety. Such as in the ice cream place, it's all snow. Maybe add ice for some variety. Although I must say the block variety around the cornucopia is very good; I'd use that as a model.
I've been waiting for some feedback on the download, you are basically an angel to me.

-Water. Upon the next map download release, I will hopefully satisfy you a bit more with regards to how to traverse the water areas easier AND provide more access to the island from other shores.
-Lava ravine. It is possible. It is also dark and hard, and there is only one way out once you are down there.
-There Are indeed not enough chests. :) Chests I am saving till the end, with a focus on evenly spread patterns and fairness. Of course...there are some I just couldn't resist placing as I made the map, and some that were placed because I thought I would forget otherwise. Don't worry about chest placement TOO much until completion.
-Hmm...you may have a point with the ice cream plains. As for the other areas, I have some ideas already that have to do with terrain variety.

Thank you so much for checking it out! I will address these issues.

EDIT: 1000+ views! This community is awesome!

Last edited:

Twister__99

Tribute
Reaction score
We've worked a lot on the map! PokeJosh will be posting some new screenshots and an updated download of the map soon, so watch for those guys ^_^

AMooseMan3

Platinum
Reaction score
I've been waiting for this download for ages. After having a good look through the map, here's my feedback:

Amazing terraforming and there is a wide variety of blocks used, but they're also used in a way that it adds to the map, instead of just for the hell of it. A plentiful amount of structures relating to the topic, and adding in challenges along the way. (Like the food tornado and donut parkour.) Original idea, not too much water, but there could probably be more donuts, or it be more distributed around the map instead of in one big cluster. My only major downside for now is the chest placement, you need to make more obvious chests and I haven't been able to find many obvious chests, but there seems to be lots of hidden ones. (Tornado parkour, the fridge, etc.)

Overall map grade: A-

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci