• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Come on guys...

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Real quick, to clarify: I understand why some of you guys are upset/say certain things when it comes to baccas...but when a specific bacca does nothing to provoke you whatsoever, (for example if they try to make a bacca clan.) that's when I say it's unnecessary to say anything that could provoke them. Specifically I'm talking about things like clan threads they've made in the past (no offense to anyone who contributed to such actions. This is merely my opinion.)

In other words: I understand generalizing them into a group and disliking them for their common traits, but provoking a single specific one when you don't actually know them is not needed. (Even provoking the group is bad, but as long as you aren't directly talking to the bacca/group, it should be mostly fine. Posts here on the forum in reply to or expected to be read by non-baccas are fine, but when you intend for a bacca/group of baccas to read such things, it's different.)

Also keep in mind that baccas are just an example. I meant just groups in general, like clans. (Generalizing people in the clan as someone they're not, for example.)

ARB1T3R

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Reading the thread WHILE the song is playing makes it so much better! I totally agree G33ke. Lets all just get along and play MCSG together.

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
" It's not simple enough to state an argument or counter-argument and move on. Militant gamers have to "win" "

TheInforcerHD

Platinum
Reaction score
Sadly, you're right. In a week or two we'll forget about this thread. We argue in threads, especially when others post an idea for the feature suggestions, and it's sad to see we can't have an opinion without it causing a flamewar about who's right or wrong. I agree that we've been hating on Baccas as they are generalised as hackers and an annoyance, we value a group's identity more than individual values. We don't give them much of a chance to show themselves beyond a minecraft skin, which is terrible to hear but true. About the Hive and MCSG, why can't we play both rather than to pick a side? This community has been focusing on the Hive as you said as "competition" rather than focusing on ours. Sure people have left but it's time to forget about how members of MCSG left because we're the community now. Not just on the forums but on the server too. There are a lot of great and nice people on these servers which make my day but there are always people that are unsportsmanlike. It seems when someone kills me, they just tell me how terrible I am at the game rather than a simple GG. Thank you for posting this, I think we all need a wake up call. This has changed my entire perspective on things.

iDufferz

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Everyday I come and check the forums hoping to find something interesting to comment on, and a lot of what I see instead is flamewars/arguing. I see a lot of people being hostile, whether it be towards a certain group, (Baccas. Yes, I'm defending baccas.) or a single person for a single mistake of theirs. People will make a typo, someone else will point it out and correct it, another will see a flaw in the grammar of the person who corrected it...an all out flame war ensues from such simple things.

What happened to the days when we could discuss who we thought was the best without going into a flame war? I mean sure, there has always been a bit of arguing/disagreements, (especially with clans) but these were usually minor in comparison. Nowadays, within hours of such a thread being made, flamewars can occur, usually involving a number of people who, sometimes, will not back down until they are proven right, which in some circumstances, will never happen. (for example, arguing about who is "better" at x task, even if the person arguing isn't defending himself but someone else. This is why I do not participate in such discussions and don't really pick any obvious "favorites".)

Now even I will admit that the baccas are annoying for even me (Did I need to admit that really? lol). Spamming, hacking, etc...but the moment one makes a type of clan thread for them, the spam of "lol bacca trying to make a clan [insert link to anti-bacca clan here]" followed by other comments that, while they may be "funny" to other active members of these forums, they can be hurtful and discouraging for said bacca and possibly to other baccas reading the thread. I mean, for all you knew...he could have been quite a decent person and a great edition to our community over time. Let him have his fun running the clan. If and when it comes tumbling down, that'll be enough for him to learn any kind of lesson. One that he feels was his fault. (Trust me, I was the kinda kid that was kinda that way when he was young - maybe I wouldn't have put on a bacca skin, but I would have been doing something to reference the fact that I was a fan.)

Now that the Hive is some "competition" for MCSG, I'm also seeing lots of people being upset about that. Lots of people have left MCSG for the Hive, and MCSG's community of course is going to kinda take a hit. Arguments between the two communities ensue, and discussions about it can turn into flame wars. (Which is why I suggest we not go into farther detail in this thread.)

It also doesn't help that, admittedly, MCSG is a bit buggy right now, (understandably so as MCSGv2 is still kinda new/1.5 Minecraft/MCSG doesn't have a lot of dedicated devs.) so lots of people who are upset (usually people who aren't necessarily active on the forums.) are blaming staff/devs and being hostile towards them. Then, next thing you know, people are insulting others for insulting the staff of the servers they love, etc...

Why can't we just be friends? D:

I understand this is a PvP kind of server, and people will be competitive...but there's a fine line between being a good sport and not being one. For so long the community was full of nice people, but overtime I've seen it degrade. Flamewars are all over the forums now...everywhere I go, there is at least one post that shows someones great annoyance for another person/statement.

Maybe this thread won't change anything at all, (in fact, in a week I can see everyone forgetting about it.) but I do want to state my concerns and see what you guys think. Have you seen this like I have? Even if you see yourself being one of these people who's caused flamewars in the past, don't be afraid to post here - I'm not pointing out anyone in particular.

Please refrain from any sort of flamewars in this thread. I don't want this thread to have to be locked for something like that, considering avoiding such a thing in the future is part of the topic of this thread...

TL;DR: Read the whole thread please. >.>
YOU SPELT knew wrong you NOOB it is actually know dumb person... <3 jks hopefully this doesn't start a flame war :eek:

FortiPlex

Experienced
Reaction score
*plays song and reads thread at the same time* I got goosebumps o_O

But seriously, just ignore it. Forums will always be forums. And ghetto neighborhoods will always be ghetto. :p

My only real advice is: be the better person. If someone keeps continuing an argument, just stop it and report the person. We want it to end, not to continue it. (also, the Hive is for noobs. MCSG FTW)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci