• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Opinion: Boosting Reset Wins Punishment?

Should player's found guilty of boosting have their stats reset?

• Total voters

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
"Shame that people accuse anyone near the #1 spot of hacking and boosting. So much drama over a block game."
If your estimated quote is correct, then Chad isn't defending Charms/Gold at all on a personal level; consider the fact that he doesn't name the players in his tweet at all. He's instead defending the position and accusations made against the people in the top spots. Very different message.

I think everyone is misinterpreting Chad's statement of, "Well, of course people are going to cry foul of the people at the top. That's just what happens" as, "NO ONE SHOULD DARE ACCUSE THEM OF WRONGDOING, BECAUSE I WILL DEFEND THEM." The latter is a juicier story, but it's also completely wrong.

I don't see a reason why Chad would care enough about two players he's never met, who happen to be at the top of the LB's, to risk his reputation to defend them of any and all wrong-doing. If people think they're winning or boosting, and they see that they haven't been removed yet, the logical conclusion isn't, "Chad must be defending them", it's more likely, "any reports that have been brought to us have not yet been considered sufficient to prove wrongdoing".

Zacharoutio

Moderator | Mapping Team
Reaction score
If your estimated quote is correct, then Chad isn't defending Charms/Gold at all on a personal level; consider the fact that he doesn't name the players in his tweet at all. He's instead defending the position and accusations made against the people in the top spots. Very different message.

I think everyone is misinterpreting Chad's statement of, "Well, of course people are going to cry foul of the people at the top. That's just what happens" as, "NO ONE SHOULD DARE ACCUSE THEM OF WRONGDOING, BECAUSE I WILL DEFEND THEM." The latter is a juicier story, but it's also completely wrong.

I don't see a reason why Chad would care enough about two players he's never met, who happen to be at the top of the LB's, to risk his reputation to defend them of any and all wrong-doing. If people think they're winning or boosting, and they see that they haven't been removed yet, the logical conclusion isn't, "Chad must be defending them", it's more likely, "any reports that have been brought to us have not yet been considered sufficient to prove wrongdoing".
The tweet does give the impression that Chad believes the player is innocent, by "defending the position and accusations made against he people in the top spots" he is indirectly defending Gold/Charms. Although I don't think Chad meant this, it gives the impression that Chad thinks he is innocent, and well, when a communities owner thinks that a player is innocent, the community will think that the he isn't going to get banned, and Gold will think it is impossible for him to get banned.
As said, I don't think Chad meant to directly defend Gold, but you can see why a lot of people do believe that he has the protection of the owner.

Last edited:

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score

It's fair enough if it is that way, but firstly, it's pretty easy to read into it very differently. Secondly there is stonewall evidence of him boosting and nothing has been done despite him clearly being reported a few times. He has also effectively forced the player that uploaded a video of him getting suspicious hits to remove the video by linking the video and thus allowing his fans to find it and leave hate (which wouldn't warrant a ban but clearly paints him as an unsavoury person), and yet nothing has been done.

I hope you understand that it's pretty easy to read into Chad's twitter reply (which is a bit ambivalent) and the fact that nothing has been done to Gold, despite evidence which warrants a ban, as higher up staff/Chad favouring him.

Anyway, at least there's no misunderstanding now - but I would definitely like to ask - is this being looked into, as it should be?

N

Nikola

Also plus gold was saying how he's not going to get banned. He said he talked to sr staff and that reporting him is pointless.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score

A team of two taking turns winning is not considered boosting. There is a very clear difference between boosting and simple, every day teaming. There's no reason to worry about that. :p
If players can face a ban or a stats reset, I would appreciate it if this "very clear difference" were elucidated, because I feel that it could lead to a large amount of miscommunication and false punishments.

Joey

Staffing Team Lead
Reaction score
If players can face a ban or a stats reset, I would appreciate it if this "very clear difference" were elucidated, because I feel that it could lead to a large amount of miscommunication and false punishments.
Boosting- a large group of people (or one person using alts) that can [usually] start the game with their numbers and then allow one person to win. This is present (repeated) over multiple games. For example, a group of people join an empty lobby and begin the game with only them present. The members of the group either /kill or allow one person to kill them all. They then go to another empty lobby and repeat the above process.

Teams are way different from that approach.

In other words, boosting is pretty much stealing wins.

BluePixels

Platinum
Reaction score
Boosting- a large group of people (or one person using alts) that can [usually] start the game with their numbers and then allow one person to win. This is present (repeated) over multiple games. For example, a group of people join an empty lobby and begin the game with only them present. The members of the group either /kill or allow one person to kill them all. They then go to another empty lobby and repeat the above process.

Teams are way different from that approach.

In other words, boosting is pretty much stealing wins.
o
I see mods boost :3 They go into these huge games of mods and they have 10 teams.
i cri every tem

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci