• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

jarry101

Platinum
Reaction score
While a major reset would inevitably discourage SOME existing high-ranked players from continuing, it may also give some a reason to return to the servers to push for a higher rank than when they left, as it would become more easy to do. At the same time, it would encourage a far greater number of newer players to push for high ranks, and likely many of these would purchase donator ranks to make this more achievable. So, from a purely economic perspective, it would be a good move for MCGamer. (More money -> more servers/gametypes -> more players. Repeat) Similarly for the community, if you care about that type of thing, many new players would expand/diversify the player base more, easily compensating for the loss of the few that may leave.

About hackers: Yes, if everyone resets, then it will become more likely that hackers will attain high ranked positions on the leaderboards. However, this shouldn't really be an issue as it would in fact make it easier for mods just to look at potentially illegit stats on the front leaderboards pages, and track hackers down that way. Anyway, hackers are always going to be there,it shouldnt really have a dramatic increase on the number/percentage of hackers on the servers.

All this "had to work" for, "time wasted" and "earn" wins.. If thats how you view playing on the servers, maybe you shouldnt be here. There's actually no point playing just to get a leaderboard position while not actually enjoying playing, you could spend such ridiculous amounts of time far better on doing something else.

Oh and btw, does anyone really think that a simple reset is ever going to stop Gravey4rd?
its certainly gonna stop me bye mcsg hello hive

Reaction score
I woud love to have a stats reset (as you can see my stats ;-;), but I acknowledge that some people worked really hard for their stats (top 1000) and some people may leave if this happens, so I voted no.

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
I honestly don't see the point of ruining hours of work of millions of people just so you add a few more stats. There's literally no point to it.

Yozy_XD

Diamond
Reaction score
This shouldnt happened, people have spent months and years trying to get good stats and if this was to happen, for what?

Sheldor

Career
Reaction score
Guys, keep in mind that applying for clans will not change as the clan leader will be able to look at the legacy leaderboards and see how many wins you had before the reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci