• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kthin

Survivor
Reaction score
I voted no. This is because I, as well as many other players have worked hard on collecting wins and maintaining good stats. I am currently at 895 wins (I think) and have been playing MCSG for over a year to reach my all time goal, 1000 wins. If people with less wins wanted recognition, monthly leaderboards and such would be a great addition :)

This is kind of of topic, but another idea I have is sortable stats, where you could not only see the leaders in wins, but in highest winning percentage, points, K/D, kills per game etc. (There would have to be a minimum in games played for some of these stats though.)

InvisableMark

Platinum
Reaction score
I thinks this a terrible idea, people like Gravey4rd and the top24 people have played for years getting to where they are today I think restarting the stats will make lots of people quit.

NovaKaine

Career
Reaction score
'but people have put time into this game to get to where they are'

maybe you shouldn't waste your time on a video game...

i don't really care, i was planning on quitting anyway

Kewnan

Platinum
Reaction score
How about daily/weekly/monthly leaderboards instead? That way people have the chance to be at the top of something without having to lose their overall stats. :D
This would be so much better because some people like me who have no lyfe and want to tryhard and want to be top 100!

Sylvannus

Tribute
Reaction score
How about daily/weekly/monthly leaderboards instead? That way people have the chance to be at the top of something without having to lose their overall stats. :D
I think that should be added but have the global leaderboard as well because people like my friend have been playing since it was released and he wants to get into top 15.

Fluxion326

Platinum
Reaction score
PRESTIGE
Maybe a prestige system could be implemented. Every 100 wins or something you would move up a prestige rank so you would be competing against a fewer amount of people that have similar skill level to you for the top rank in the prestige level you are on. If this could be implemented into a matchmaking system as well that would be INSANE!! Instead of versing really skilled or not so skilled players you verse people just above or just below your skill level in a match. Just a suggestion and I realize it would be incredibly hard to implement but if it happened it would be Awesome.
CLAN LEADER BOARDS
Some people may be against it but if regional clan leader boards came out that were run by the MCGamer network I think that would bring a whole lot of competitive action to the game. With the new spectator mode said to be released as well as dedicated servers for clan battles to take place, if these games were live streamed or recorded I believe this would attract a large audience. If we gave people the ability to choose their favorite clan and maybe even there favorite players to support and cheer on I personally believe that would be great.
REGIONAL LEADER BOARDS
Like there is in the AU hub with all the heads on the wall representing the regions top players, if this could be brought out in all regions not only with the heads in the hub but on the leader boards i reckon that would be pretty cool. If people were split into the region that they predominantly play on to see the top players that are in your region and how you rank against them this would make for some pretty fierce competition. At the moment you have to rank yourself against people you cannot really properly verse as there is a connection advantage to someone in say US if they are versing someone that lives in AU or EU.

Merely suggestions but I think these ideas would be awesome!

Chobski

Diamond
Reaction score
Is the decision going to be solely off this poll? I feel as if this decision is going to be as close as the Scottish Referendum :p Personally I voted Yes, to be honest it depends on everyone's personal situation... Can I stress that people need to stop using a reason such as "I won't get into any clans, because they won't think I am good anymore..." - you can still view your legacy statistics. Either way this is going to be a close one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci