• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ExoticRealm

Platinum
Reaction score
Please no! If people are determined to make it to the top, they will. Resetting stats will do nothing except make half the community quit playing and promote hacker boosting. People have to work hard to get high in the leaderboards. It is not a free thing you can just get overnight. People have worked hard for this and nobody deserves a reset. You know how many hours are people put into getting up in the leaderboards?!?! ARE YOU JUST GOING TO WASTE EVERYONES TIME?!?! This makes absolutely NO SENSE. You said you wanted to reset the stats to give new players a "chance" to do well. Well, there are new players added everyday, DOES THAT MEAN YOU ARE GOING TO FRICKEN RESET STATS EVERY YEAR?!?! Think about it. Also, people say reseting stats will give a chance for people to get a better ratio. n my opinion, reseting stats will not help at all! Reseting stats WILL NOT improve your skill whatsoever. If you are bad at pvp, you will continue to be bad at it, and ruin your ratio even after the reset. If you are good then you are good. It makes no difference except pissing everybody off who has work countless of years to get where they are now. Also, you will loose a lot of players. If you reset, you will get a lot of really good players mad. Most of the good players are donors. They are the ones who helped support the server. Are you really going to do that to the people who supported your server? They worked hard and resetting will just make most people quit. Doing this will not benefit the community whatsoever. Please think before making this decision. You will regret if you do the reset.

Primeval

Diamond
Reaction score
Honestly, people wanting a reset,because they have a bad ratio and they just improved. Just keep playing. Trust me I used to have a 1/15 now I got it to about a 1/5.
I guess you could try to be #1 but think about how much tryhards might still play

xxSPUxx

Platinum
Reaction score
just to add to this..

If you don't have the time or patience to get to #1 right now, just wait til if they did a reset. You will have an even worse chance. You will have to no life 10 times as much because the amount of no lifing that will be going on to get that top spot in the first couple months will be UNREAL. The way it is right now, is you have to just play more than gravey4rd, and he doesn't honestly play much anymore, which is why darkrai is catching him. When this reset happens(if it does) you will have hundreds of people playing SO MUCH. No lifing will be at a max.

Then lets say a year from now, more new people will be joining, they have to go thru the SAME EXACT thing you are going through. Those people will want a reset. But what if you personally are the one who no lifed after this reset to get to that top spot, just to have it all taken away from you? This is an endless circle and doing a stat reset isn't gonna solve anything really. Updates and decisions like this can be something that destroys a community.
Agreed 100% MCSG is retarded if they make a leaderboard change.

Reaction score
I feel that the leaderboards should only be reset if its an overwhelming yes vote.

Yes, having a new system will be significantly better and its exciting to hear about all these new tracking features.. but it'll be as if the past two years have been lost.
There may be a legacy leaderboard but it won't be the same. People have worked hard on what they've achieved on the leaderboards.
If you want it to be more "competitive" and see who is able to get number one, why not have them work as hard as Gravey4rd has and earn the true number one spot?
Not just simply get number one by taking the true number one off the top.

Nobody will really be disappointed or upset if we didn't have a reset, it'll just remain as it has been for the past two years.
On the other hand, if it is reset then there will be a lot of disappointed and angry people for those who it really matters to.

For the greater good I vote that the leaderboards are not reset.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

NotCanziano

Diamond
Reaction score
I feel that the leaderboards should only be reset if its an overwhelming yes vote.

Yes, having a new system will be significantly better and its exciting to hear about all these new tracking features but it'll be as if two years have been lost lost.
There may be a legacy leaderboard but it won't be the same. People have worked hard on what they've achieved on the leaderboards over the past two years.

Nobody will really be disappointed or upset if we didn't have a reset, it'll just remain as it has been for the past two years.
On the other hand, if it is reset then there will be a lot of disappointed and angry people for those who it really matters to.

For the greater good I vote that the leaderboards are not reset.

Thanks for reading.
tyty

Danny

Platinum
Reaction score
I really don't know if someone brought this up? This is about players that can't really get seen on the leaderboards? That's for a reason! If they reset, the players that don't get seen will get, seen, go down on the leaderboards, complain and this who debate will start over again.

BTzombie

Diamond
Reaction score
Please no! If people are determined to make it to the top, they will. Resetting stats will do nothing except make half the community quit playing and promote hacker boosting. People have to work hard to get high in the leaderboards. It is not a free thing you can just get overnight. People have worked hard for this and nobody deserves a reset. You know how many hours are people put into getting up in the leaderboards?!?! ARE YOU JUST GOING TO WASTE EVERYONES TIME?!?! This makes absolutely NO SENSE. You said you wanted to reset the stats to give new players a "chance" to do well. Well, there are new players added everyday, DOES THAT MEAN YOU ARE GOING TO FRICKEN RESET STATS EVERY YEAR?!?! Think about it. Also, people say reseting stats will give a chance for people to get a better ratio. n my opinion, reseting stats will not help at all! Reseting stats WILL NOT improve your skill whatsoever. If you are bad at pvp, you will continue to be bad at it, and ruin your ratio even after the reset. If you are good then you are good. It makes no difference except pissing everybody off who has work countless of years to get where they are now. Also, you will loose a lot of players. If you reset, you will get a lot of really good players mad. Most of the good players are donors. They are the ones who helped support the server. Are you really going to do that to the people who supported your server? They worked hard and resetting will just make most people quit. Doing this will not benefit the community whatsoever. Please think before making this decision. You will regret if you do the reset.
PREACH MAN PREACH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci