• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Leaderboards Reset with Newest Update?

Assuming your old statistics would be saved separately, would you like the leaderboards to be reset?

• Yes. I support Legacy Leaderboards, new statistics to track, and a global leaderboards reset.

Votes: 883 53.7%
  • No. I don't want a global leaderboards reset nor new statistics to track. Keep everything as it is.

Votes: 761 46.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RonnieBond123

Diamond
Reaction score
MCSG is great as it is and I don't think daily/weekly/monthly leaderboards will be worth it. The idea of a stats reset also causes so much argument and therefore I do not think the stats should reset

birthdaysalmon

Tribute
Reaction score
So many people leave mcsg because they know they will never get anywhere near to the top spot with the amount of games they would have to catch up on, I would personally love a fresh start, but I would like to see the leader boards reset every year. Then the player with the highest number of wins gets awarded "Player of the year 2014-2015" or something

birthdaysalmon

Tribute
Reaction score
no... do you understand how many people (especially those on first page) would quit? People worked hard for their stats and don't want them reset... if others want theirs fresh they can pay for it
its not just about resetting your own score, its about giving new players a chance to reach the number one spot on the leaderboard

birthdaysalmon

Tribute
Reaction score
So, you should give people that are too lazy a chance to get to the top. Sad... if you want to get to the top, please spend the damn time to do it.
the people at the top have a 4000 game lead, it is physically impossible to catch up to that unless you play for 22 hours everyday winning everygame

Kauff

Experienced
Reaction score
the people at the top have a 4000 game lead, it is physically impossible to catch up to that unless you play for 22 hours everyday winning everygame
Not really. Huahwi was able to reach the top of the leaderboard even though he started playing more than a year after MCSG's launch. And he also only played for less than a year.

xIEtheox | Ethan

Survivor
Reaction score
Not really. Huahwi was able to reach the top of the leaderboard even though he started playing more than a year after MCSG's launch. And he also only played for less than a year.
You just have to play for a long time and win almost all of them :

ChibiGoose

Platinum
Reaction score
The argument is that it will give new players a better chance, there will always be new players. So are we gonna reset like every few months because there are new players?

Fireworks

Platinum
Reaction score
The argument is that it will give new players a better chance, there will always be new players. So are we gonna reset like every few months because there are new players?
Not necessarily. If we go through with this reset, monthly, weekly, etc leaderboards will be getting implemented, so newer players can compete in those boards instead of the All-Time records. They have also stated that after this reset, they won't be considering doing another one in the future. This is the only time that we will get a full board reset.

birthdaysalmon

Tribute
Reaction score
You guys will still have your score saved so you can look at it forever, they are not just getting deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci