• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Poll: Return of the no-kick on End Game

Should servers kick players after the end of each round?

• Total voters

GavwavMCSG

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I don't think this is a good idea. Why? Because almost all the servers will be full due to the users not being kicked out of these servers, and it would be almost impossible to join as a regular user.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I would love for the restart/kick to stop. I miss the days of no restarting and being able to have a constant flow of games :)

But you wanted pros and cons so here it is :p

Pros of restarts:
  • Everyone has a chance to get in

Cons of restarts:
  • It's harder to play multiple games in a row
  • It's harder to join games with friends because you can't join before the game ends and just wait it out
All of this essentially only affects non-donors, so it's really just for them either way.
So that's that :) I prefer no restarts :p

Mc_Fails

Survivor
Reaction score
Overall, it does not really matter to me. Whenever a game ends for my I go look for the lobby with the least time left anyway. I believe lots of donors wouldn't want to wait the 2 minutes every time. I voted to kick though, as it is one less step for me to do.
Now this is my theory. If players know they won't get kicked, they may be more inclined to stay thus eliminating on some of the priority kick situations non-premium members face. With 200 SG servers in the US location (that is 4800 slots alone), we have more slots than players thus removing the issues of people not being able to find a full server. Just you may have to wait 10 minutes or longer if the game is in session. EU will get an upgrade next week to handle the demand and is the case as well.
Well you're going to have to test this theory. It may work well, it may not, it's something that should be tested though.

Eaglesfan97

Tribute
Reaction score
Back when there were only a few servers, I felt that it was nearly impossible to join a game. At this point though, we have 200 servers going, and about 90-200 you can easily get a spot, with maybe like 2 or 3 donors going to them. I say just keep it the way it is.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
I initially voted no, but in all honesty, I could go either way. If this was added, would it mean you could still join that game from the hub, or a direct connect?

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Another thing which is actually concerning me that it won't restart anymore. Could this cause lag? If so, I really hope that there is a daily restart or a restart like every 10 games or similar.
Believe it or not, the servers do not restart anymore physically but within the plugin. They go through a cleanup period where it removes everything about the old game. I think we actually restart the servers every few weeks or when the server crashes for unknown reasons.

EdgarAE

Tribute
Reaction score
Well non-kicking wouldn't be that bad considering that only a few players stay and watch the rest of the game which still leaves room for other people to join. Most of the time there is about 2-3 people watching at dm and a few rare times where there is about 7-12 watching. it would be a cool thing to re- add and with the amount of servers i see no problem.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
So way back when, MCSG added the feature where the servers restart after each game. Since then, our code has been optimized enough so that the server can just clean up after each round, but we will kept the player kicking. We realized that having this features helps a larger flow of players get into a game instead of constantly seeing server is full messages.

Now I would like to ask for your pros and cons opinions! Should be revert this back to the old ways where people at the end of each game will be spawned into the server lobby instead of returning to the hub (or kicked on locations like Canada and Asia). What are your thoughts?
My opinion is kick people in regions like AU,US,EU (the ones with the hub) to allow non donors a chance to get in, BUT I think you should let people stay in CA and AS( the ones without hub). This way, people on the more popular regions can get a chance to play with different people.
Plus, I like the old way better

Reaction score
Yuss.. That way, you don't get those games that you can never get into. Like this, non donors will never be able to get into a game, because there will never be slots available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci