• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: Battle of the Islands, Fire or Ice?

What map should we remove?

• Total voters

Later_Gator

Spectator
Reaction score
Yes. I believe the way lava works is that each block makes a sound every few seconds, and when theres a lot of them your computer is overwhelmed and starts lagging because it has to process too many sounds. Turning them off fixes the lag.
Why am I just now learning this?! (Thanks!)

Diggger58

Tribute
Reaction score
get of demons breeze it lags u out like hell and freeze has great loot to win with and demons breeze u find ureself in lava for pointless reasons

Sigh

Spectator
Reaction score
Sucks for you?
No, it doesn't just suck for me, it sucks for everyone. The entire point of the Hunger Games maps is to benefit the strong and lucky and weed out the weak and unfortunate. Making a map that equalizes everyone with access to a friggin Fishing Rod is almost entirely opposed to that train of thought.

Psyonic123

Survivor
Reaction score
No, it doesn't just suck for me, it sucks for everyone. The entire point of the Hunger Games maps is to benefit the strong and lucky and weed out the weak and unfortunate. Making a map that equalizes everyone with access to a friggin Fishing Rod is almost entirely opposed to that train of thought.
How do you know that's the point? You didn't make the servers. :p Well then it sucks for everyone. Then lettuce (hehe) have one map that equalizes us. Basically an odd version of Communism... Lol

Sigh

Spectator
Reaction score
How do you know that's the point? You didn't make the servers. :p Well then it sucks for everyone. Then lettuce (hehe) have one map that equalizes us. Basically an odd version of Communism... Lol
... I know that's the point because that's the very definition of Survival. If you want some mindless/endless PVP server where any scrub can win then there's puh-lenty of those here and elsewhere, but it shouldn't be the case here on these servers.

Psyonic123

Survivor
Reaction score
... I know that's the point because that's the very definition of Survival. If you want some mindless/endless PVP server where any scrub can win then there's puh-lenty of those here and elsewhere, but it shouldn't be the case here on these servers.
Okay then... >.> Sheesh man. I think everyone's allowed one map and we no have it. Not your decision to make if it's on these servers. It's the communities. And they voted.

Desdomena

Experienced
Reaction score
((Okay just going to say this right off, I'm biased to keep Demon's Breeze because I helped with the original idea and built parts of it, also cause my head is there))

however I will give actual reasons why I prefer Demon over Freeze, some of this will be a repeat of what has already been said but no one is forcing you to read this so hah.

Okay first let me say I don't hate Freeze, I think it looks very nice with some beautiful structures(I especially like the Dragon who I have named Sapphire). I just don't like the ice PVP, it is a pain and it is worse than water battles with running. I almost always just give up chasing people and stay in the center due to sheer frustration. I can't count th number of times where I started raging just because I couldn't catch someone on ice.

Now for Demon's, obviously I'm biased but I think it manages to accomplish what we wanted, it makes running a very dangerous strategy. When we conceived the idea the main point was to make it so you really had to think about where you were and not just attack relentlessly, and also so you couldn't run for hours.It;s not supposed to let you feel safe, and it's supposed to force you to use skill.

((Also the original corn that I made was much more evil, be glad you don't have rings of lava around corn.))

Now lag is the problem often brought up but seriously turn your sound off, and if you can't do that stay near corn. I have a horrible connection but I learned to work around this on the island by choosing my route carefully. It is possible to play even with a not-so-great computer. And let's be honest lag is a factor in many maps not just Demon's.

((I remember when I used to lag out whenever map two was played but that wasn't removed due to lag, even though many players had trouble with it))

The lag can be worked around and I really consider Demon's to be a good fit. As referenced in another post, it's the only one with a hellish theme. It's supposed to be scary and dangerous, you should feel like any second you could lose. I think it brings a bit of originality in that regard.

That's the final thing I love about this map, even if you're OP in gear all it takes is one misstep to get you killed. I think it's a fun change, but again this is only my opinion and yes it might be biased but I hope I conveyed my reasoning well,

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if they are the most popular maps on MCSG, keep everything original. Why add copies of a map just as popular as Breeze Island? If I were Static_Shadow, I would feel very sad for people making new versions of my map, and with people actually liking those new versions. An insanely big amount of credits should be given to static_nightmare for making the original Breeze Island in the threads showcasing Freeze and Demon's.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
get of demons breeze it lags u out like hell and freeze has great loot to win with and demons breeze u find ureself in lava for pointless reasons
That made absolutely no sense and that grammar was... beautiful.

Sigh

Spectator
Reaction score
Okay then... >.> Sheesh man. I think everyone's allowed one map and we no have it. Not your decision to make if it's on these servers. It's the communities. And they voted.
Sorry, I'm not snapping at you in particular, I just wish that the people who'd made this poll had added a third option to remove both maps. After all, I'm far from the first person to suggest removing both of the maps in this thread, and we can't know what the community truly wants unless we allow for them to vote for the option they really want, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci