• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: The great map voting debate 2014!

Raffle Voting

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
Explain why Breeze has 2 t-2s if all maps are equal. Breeze surely is not. Explain why MCSG decided to "re-tier" maps by just removing all the damn tier 2's and ruining gameplay. Explain. Pls
It's a really small map thus it has only a few tier II's

DaFiperz

Tribute
Reaction score
Improve it more I reckon because Sometimees the map that gets chose is a decent map from a while ago (I've been playing sinc e2012 :D) Though if sg 1 or something like that gets voted, people hate it and leave, which isn;t good.
thats just my opinion

Love the servers Chad :)

Aragon_Neotrix

Tribute
Reaction score
I like the raffle vote

i know most people are pissed off by it, but a lot of these people are in groups of players who play regularly meaning they often play with friends and mostly are donators

with the raffle vote it meant these people wouldn't always have a easy win and underplayed maps get played
however due to this i personally think more teams are in the games than before

i think the clans server would work well as only clans or people who enjoy taking on teams would play these Few servers.
leaving the remaining servers for more casual players than competitive ones

the main problem atm is that any map chosen that is unpopular most people leave from, meaning unpopular maps still don't get played much

hope this helps :/

Reaction score
I like the raffle vote

i know most people are pissed off by it, but a lot of these people are in groups of players who play regularly meaning they often play with friends and mostly are donators

with the raffle vote it meant these people wouldn't always have a easy win and underplayed maps get played
however due to this i personally think more teams are in the games than before

i think the clans server would work well as only clans or people who enjoy taking on teams would play these Few servers.
leaving the remaining servers for more casual players than competitive ones

the main problem atm is that any map chosen that is unpopular most people leave from, meaning unpopular maps still don't get played much

hope this helps :/
Couldn't say it any better :D

Swingin

Spectator
Reaction score
It's a really small map thus it has only a few tier II's
But its tiering makes the map unplayable. All the t2s are in one place, and half the corn is tier 1. Basically, the two full iron people win.

What about rugged lands? Oh yeah it was butchered. 90% of the tier2's were removed. Then people stopped playing it and there was an outcry to keep the old tiering. What did MCSG do? Nothing. They then removed rugged lands because it was underplayed due to THEIR MISTAKE to cover it up. This happened with other maps too, just not on as big of a scale? I know personally my routes on Solar Frost, Rugged Lands, SG4 (somewhat), Breeze island, and more were ruined.

There is a lesson in this, Dave, Chad, all of you. If someone points out an issue and there is an outcry to fix it, don't remove/ban everyone who notices it. Listen to the people, who actually play this game on a regular basis! Don't just ban then because they noticed your mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes! Learn from them! Don't act immature and pretend they aren't there when they can sometimes be clearly staring you in the face. Every time I've pointed out a major issue on MCSG, my messages have been removed. If you'd like to prove my point and let me win, do the same here, but if you want your server to pick itself up again and thrive from a people's standpoint (remember, we matter too. MCSG doesn't just succeed by the amount of money it makes) then listen to people like me.

Last edited:

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
But its tiering makes the map unplayable. All the t2s are in one place, and half the corn is tier 1. Basically, the two full iron people win.

What about rugged lands? Oh yeah it was butchered. 90% of the tier2's were removed. Then people stopped playing it and there was an outcry to keep the old tiering. What did MCSG do? Nothing. They then removed rugged lands because it was underplayed due to THEIR MISTAKE to cover it up. This happened with other maps too, just not on as big of a scale? I know personally my routes on Solar Frost, Rugged Lands, SG4 (somewhat), Breeze island, and more were ruined.

There is a lesson in this, Dave, Chad, all of you. If someone points out an issue and there is an outcry to fix it, don't remove/ban everyone who notices it. Listen to the people, who actually play this game on a regular basis! Don't just ban then because they noticed your mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes! Learn from them! Don't act immature and pretend they aren't there when they can sometimes be clearly staring you in the face. Every time I've pointed out a major issue on MCSG, my messages have been removed. If you'd like to prove my point and let me win, do the same here, but if you want your server to pick itself up again and thrive from a people's standpoint (remember, we matter too. MCSG doesn't just succeed by the amount of money it makes) then listen to people like me.
Cover it up? Why be so dramatic.... This isnt politics... they didnt commit a crime of any kind, they just made a desition. If that desition was correct or not depends on opinion, you have good arguments to say it was wrong, but thats about it.

People really need to stop with these conspiracy theories of covering things up, being secretive and banning those who know too much. This isnt the mafia, its just a gaming community.

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
Cover it up? Why be so dramatic.... This isnt politics... they didnt commit a crime of any kind, they just made a desition. If that desition was correct or not depends on opinion, you have good arguments to say it was wrong, but thats about it.

People really need to stop with these conspiracy theories of covering things up, being secretive and banning those who know too much. This isnt the mafia, its just a gaming community.
Or staff can stop treating it like they're running a Communist regime and not delete any comment that isn't liked. You ask why he's being so dramatic and that it isn't politics, but if they think it goes by unnoticed they're very wrong. Things like that create drama. Why does the comment need to be deleted in the first place? If any comments in this chain are removed it's only going to furthen that point.

Aside from that little off-topic banter, I personally do like a lot of the maps but I don't enjoy some of them just because of the tiering. A lot of maps have basically been 'ruined' essentially because of their tiering. Rugged Lands was one of my favourite maps before its chests were re-tiered ;p

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Or staff can stop treating it like they're running a Communist regime and not delete any comment that isn't liked. You ask why he's being so dramatic and that it isn't politics, but if they think it goes by unnoticed they're very wrong. Things like that create drama. Why does the comment need to be deleted in the first place? If any comments in this chain are removed it's only going to furthen that point.
Well, I cannot talk in behalf of the staff, but still, blaming all of it for what some members might do is still unfair to all of those who just do their work. There is also a reason behind comments being deleted; even if I agree htey sohuldnt be deleted, 90% of these usually give names and acussations where there isnt really a need for those... if you get constantly mentioned on every rant it is very easy to feel attacked, and thus justified to delete it.
If people want to rant they need to learn not to use names.

NickSharpx ☆

District 13
Reaction score
I'd like YOU, reader, to read all my post, because I examine two cases: the one of the situation right now and the one of the situation as I think should be with the new voting system. Thanks.

I think we should switch to the old one as the situation is right now. Now the bigger voting weight that donors have is not that worth it. Sometimes you can just vote another map just to screw the votes up (Trollish style) and that map might get picked, which is not that nice to happen, especially for people who can't play on certain maps because of lag or other reasons like that, so they prefer to play the overplayed maps, which have no lag issues at all. I mean, if a map doesn't get picked as much as another one, it's obviously because the community don't like it as the other.. Example: Fortress Pyke Vs. Valleyside University. This is a stupid example, but people will obviously vote the second one, because it's better for PVP, running, and has a lot of different chest routes. I think the biggest underplayed maps should removed or edited so they could be liked more by the community. For example there are some maps that are not really good for PVP (Like The SG 1, 3, 5 where you can place fns only in certain areas) that should edited and become better for the PVP aspect of the game. In this way the servers would have a majority of good PVP maps (that obviously will be well biuilt of course), which would mean that the 'new' voting system could stay.

Gustav Mahikano

Diamond
Reaction score
Well, I cannot talk in behalf of the staff, but still, blaming all of it for what some members might do is still unfair to all of those who just do their work. There is also a reason behind comments being deleted; even if I agree htey sohuldnt be deleted, 90% of these usually give names and acussations where there isnt really a need for those... if you get constantly mentioned on every rant it is very easy to feel attacked, and thus justified to delete it.
If people want to rant they need to learn not to use names.
Majority of these comments are either: a) People going off-topic and/or flaming at each other.
b) Someone comments on something they dislike/critiques the servers and asks staff to do something about it.

I think staff should generally not be so 'aggressive' on the forums. Even if people do name them and it isn't their fault for whatever mishap may have happened, it's their duty to act mature and hear them out, rather than just instantly delete comments for 'abuse', 'not needed', 'uncalled for' and lock threads as soon as some staff critique comes along. That sends people a negative message, even if they aren't trying to.

Sorry for taking this a bit off-topic. I won't mention anything about it on the thread anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci