• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: The great map voting debate 2014!

Raffle Voting

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
It so annoying because most of the community are in clans and when we do scrims, we want a certain map played and then when 96% is on lets say SG4 and 4% on SG2, we just all leave the server and find a new one which gets really annoying
Refer to my thread please c:

I would also like to address the way that some people refer to raffle voting as a random chance. Thousands of SG games are played each day, and the probabilities inevitably even out. In a day in which 1000 games had a map with 20% of the vote, the expected number of times for it to win would be 200- proportional to the allocation of the votes. What I'm trying to say is that while raffle voting may on the surface seem random, it's actually a very calculated way making sure that everyone's voted counts more or less equally.

kingusa12

Quantum
Reaction score
I think it should stay. Partly because the underplayed maps get a chance, partly because some of my favorite maps are considered underplayed, or unpopular.

Artic

Platinum
Reaction score
I think that we should keep it, it makes the underplayed maps get a chance to be played and maybe it will be a map that you like. Sometimes it annoys people but I don't see what there is to be annoyed about, just learn the map and you can have fun on it. (This is my opinion)

SpartanDude789

Tribute
Reaction score
The main reason this system doesn't work is because there are people like me who go to lobby to lobby looking for good maps. Then when I find a good map I have to wait a few minutes for the game to start just for a crummy map that only 1 or 2 people voted for and still win. It doesn't make sense to even have this raffle system since it doesn't correspond with what the majority of the lobby actually want.

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The main reason this system doesn't work is because there are people like me who go to lobby to lobby looking for good maps. Then when I find a good map I have to wait a few minutes for the game to start just for a crummy map that only 1 or 2 people voted for and still win. It doesn't make sense to even have this raffle system since it doesn't correspond with what the majority of the lobby actually want.
'Good' and 'crummy' are subjective terms. Other people have opinions too, you know.

NicholasE777

Spectator
Reaction score
Keep it! One of the main things from this I have noticed is it cuts down the spam of telling people what to vote for, don't get me wrong, it's still there just not nearly as bad in my opinion. Another reason, as many have stated, it gives underplayed maps a chance.

It's normal for people to not like change, but when it's always the same maps it makes the game a little stale.

ferrouscarp29

Platinum
Reaction score
Many people as you know love mcsg. Many don't like what mcsg has to offer in game. I have 5 votes as a Platinum Rank, and I will use those votes on a map that I want. Now, usually the map that I want, is voted for the most. From time to time though, I don't win that map. I have been in a game where there were 28 votes toward and map, and 1 vote toward a different one, and we ended up playing the 1 voted map. I do not have a problem with this system, because I can join full lobbies when there is a map I do not like, but others are not as fortunate. Do what is best for the server, and make the system more reliable.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Improvement idea: Maybe when people leave the servers that are in lobby, remove their votes? That is something we been wanting to do recently and we can rush that change in sooner.

Cant really fix the issue after the map gets fixed unless in pregame we set up some kind of "second chance voting". Hmm.

Cern

Platinum
Reaction score
Improvement idea: Maybe when people leave the servers that are in lobby, remove their votes? That is something we been wanting to do recently and we can rush that change in sooner.

Cant really fix the issue after the map gets fixed unless in pregame we set up some kind of "second chance voting". Hmm.
Another Improvement Idea: Maps that have less than 15-20% of the voting percentage can't possibly be picked to avoid the maps with one vote from winning.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Like a voting cap? Anything under 10% will be ignored? Hmm, I think we have some ideas to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci