• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Community Vote: The great map voting debate 2014!

Raffle Voting

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
OK, I don't know if anyone has said this yet but
I FEEL I HAVE FIGURED OUT A PERFECT VOTING SYSTEM EVERYONE WOULD ENJOY
  • What we do is we use both of the voting systems.
  • Heres how it works, Very Simple. If the map WINS by more than 40%, or maybe 50% of the vote, than the map should automatically be played, so when SG4 has 27 votes, and SG1 has 2 votes, SG1 will be automatically ruled out because SG4 has more than 40% of the vote. EX - (SG4=94% . SG1=6%) SG1 will not win no matter what.
  • This prevents a lot of annoying occurrences, such as 1 person wanting SG1 and 23 wanting SG4, but if the vote ends up being 11 to 10 votes or some close number, then we would go back to the new % voting system.
  • Also I think we should Implement a /v 6 for a Random Map.
Thanks for reading this and have a great day!​
I feel that rather than this situation, it should be a little bit more random. So a map must have at least 80% of the votes to automatically win, and maps with less than 5% or 10% of the votes are ignored no matter what.

Tgod_24

Survivor
Reaction score
I feel that rather than this situation, it should be a little bit more random. So a map must have at least 80% of the votes to automatically win, and maps with less than 5% or 10% of the votes are ignored no matter what.
80% is way to high. That's basically the same thing. It can be 10 votes to 1 and 1 can still win. I think the max should be 50%

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Weighting the probabilities towards higher voted maps would work way better than any arbitrary auto-win mark. This could be done by taking each number of votes and putting them to the power of, say, 2. In a situation where Valleyside had 8 votes and SG1 had 2 votes, the chances would be 94.1% and 5.9% respectively, instead of 80% and 20%.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
80% is way to high. That's basically the same thing. It can be 10 votes to 1 and 1 can still win. I think the max should be 50%
Um no. The system calculates the amount of votes as 100% therefore, 11 = 100%. As you can see, if 9 - 1 is 90% - 10%, then 11 - 1 would still be far above 80% if the system was implemented. (I'd calculate the math, but I'm lazy...)

[EDIT]: I'm unsure if you understood what I meant correctly by the way I think the system should work. Here's what I want to see.

If this situation:

Valleyside: 80% (8 votes)
SG4: 20% (2 votes)

Valleyside will win no matter what because it has the required 80% or more of the votes.

If this situation:

SG4: 50% (10 votes)
Valleyside: 45% (9 votes)
Moonbase 9: 5% (1 vote)

Moonbase 9 has no chance to win because it does not have the required 10% or more of votes.

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Another possible alternative to this problem that nobody has suggested could be as simple as this:
Only the top two maps with the most votes are considered; if there are ties for second place, then there may be more than two considered.
1. Valleyside, 6 votes (24%)
2. Fallen Colossi, 1 vote (0%)
3. Breeze Island, 19 votes (76%)
4. Wyvern's Wake, 2 vote (0%)
5. Holiday Resort, 0 votes (0%)

OR

1. Valleyside, 6 votes (19.35%%)
2. Fallen Colossi, 1 vote (0%)
3. Breeze Island, 19 votes (61.29%)
4. Wyvern's Wake, 2 vote (0%)
5. Holiday Resort, 6 votes (19.35%)

Does anyone like this idea? Should the top three be considered instead of two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci